Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 94

Thread: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

  1. #71
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    Why has only the Mail Online reported on this? Because its unfounded and uncomfirmed. There has been no official confirmation about this from Israel either. I call BS.

    By the way, ive got a lot more than that in my own damn kitchen let alone an aid flotilla supposedly carrying 700 members of some kind of anti-Semite squadron.
    Last edited by MetalGear; 06-03-10 at 04:20 PM.

  2. #72
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    Why has only the Mail Online reported on this? Because its unfounded and uncomfirmed. There has been no official confirmation about this from Israel either. I call BS.
    What are you talking about?
    Those are pictures being taken from the ship during the first scans of the ship when it has been brought to the port of Ashdod, and yes they were confirmed in Israel since they were taken in Israel.
    The videos back those pictures up anyway.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #73
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Those are pictures being taken from the ship during the first scans of the ship when it has been brought to the port of Ashdod, and yes they were confirmed in Israel since they were taken in Israel.
    The videos back those pictures up anyway.
    The government of Israel has not said anything about it. Here in the west, the BBC have not reported on it. The "edited" footage released thus far show activists armed with sticks but no knives, weapons, Molotov cocktails, guns, or klashnikovs, it doesn't show weapons lined up or any sort of bomb or item that would aid Hamas in any shape or form....basically nothing to suggest they deserved a few bullets lodged in them.

  4. #74
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    I did say that with tongue in cheek anticipating you would not agree

    The problem is that most people who I have heard talk who were on the boat would agree with her.

    Because Israel stopped everyone else from filming no one can provide any video information from the other side.
    I believe al-Jazeera has an edited video floating around the media that was filmed during the interception, no?
    People do accept that hoses and battons were used against the Israeli's but they also say they were very scared and most of them seem to believe this was just self defence.
    Their entire purpose was propaganda, you can't expect them to stop the propaganda now.
    Those folks have attacked Israeli soldiers that haven't attacked them, how credible do you think they are?
    It appears there were all kinds of people on this ship. In other words the people who like to say this was just jihadists are far from accurate.
    Correct. Only one of the ship has had a crew of about 100 people trying to lynch and murder the soldiers.
    Those folks are jihadists, and 3 of the people who died are filmed before the interception as they dream about becoming Shahids. (martyrs)
    It really needs an neutral investigation. Is that possible, probably not.
    You're speaking with bias.
    There's nothing wrong with a nation carrying its own investigations about its own actions as long as those investigations are met with international standards of transparency.
    I think it would be good to listen to her. You need to understand that not everyone will have seen everything.
    I think she was caught on lying and people who listen to her are people who want her versions to be true, people who support the anti-Israeli propaganda knowing that it's pure propaganda.
    I listened to one retunee last night. He believed that people were just using anything they could to defend themselves. They were on the high seas. They did not believe Israel had a right to board their boat.
    Doesn't matter, Israel has legally boarded the ship and the soldiers were illegally attacked and assaulted with the clear intent of killing them.
    They've had every right to react in self-defense when being shot at by the lynching mob.
    We aren't imo if we have an honest inquiry going to find a good and bad - or I certainly will be very surprised if we do. Obviously if indeed anyone did try to lynch Israelis that is on a different level but that also would need to be proved.
    I think that there are enough videos already that create a basis for the claim that the soldiers were being lynched.
    The chopper's rope is being grabbed and tied to an antena in order to bring it down, before the soldiers have even boarded the ship.
    Mistakes were made and the reason for the violence must be found. In order to do this Israel must look at not just what happened but the reason it happened and that includes being willing to understand people coming from a different motivation to the one Israel perceives.
    Israel needs to carry an international-level investigation, with overseers from all the nations and organizations I've listed above, and prove that the facts are with it and that it has done everything legally.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #75
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    The government of Israel has not said anything about it.
    Those are pictures from the office of the IDF spokesman buddy.
    Here in the west, the BBC have not reported on it.
    And you should ask yourself why.
    The "edited" footage released thus far show activists armed with sticks but no knives, weapons, Molotov cocktails, guns, or klashnikovs, it doesn't show weapons lined up or any sort of bomb or item that would aid Hamas in any shape or form....basically nothing to suggest they deserved a few bullets lodged in them.
    It shows those weapons being used.
    It basically provides the backing for the pictures, and the same goes the other way, the pictures provide the basis for the videos.




    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #76
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    What part of raiding an aid flotilla in international waters is legal?

  7. #77
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Israeli military gives version of flotilla incident - CNN.com
    ""They beat us up with metal sticks and knives," he said. "There was live fire at some point against us... They were shooting at us from below deck."

    Now apparently the activists had magic guns that disappear once dropped because the IDF has yet to find any firearms or present proof that any firearms except their own were fired or even present.
    I know this has been pointed out to you several times, but I'll say it again. Nobody is claiming that the activists brought guns with them. The claim which has been repeated over and over is that some of the activists took the soldiers guns and fired them. This is not in any way inconsistent with what I've been saying, nor is it a change from what they were claiming several days ago. Saying that "the IDF is now claiming that they were fired on" as if its a change from a prior statement is disingenuous.

    The only reason you haven't seen it is because you ignore what people say. According to international conventions on maritime law, which I have previously posted, Israel has to seek permission from the host government of a ship to stop and seize it in international waters, which they did not do.
    I explained why that convention is inapplicable to this situation here: http://www.debatepolitics.com/news-2...post1058783893

    You never responded, and instead just repeated your claim later on.

    Because no indication of any threat has been found onboard the ships. We also dont know what Israel knew because they arent being very forthcoming with the impetus for stopping and searching the ships.
    And a threat to sovereignty warranting a response can only exist when an ex post inspection turns up actual physical weapons? Interesting theory.

    It's provided in the link you responded to, dont blame me for you being lazy.
    No, no it's not. Again, I'm asking you for the actual legal language that makes this illegal. The reason why I'm doing that is because you and others have repeatedly thrown out copy/pasted arguments that speak in generalities, pretending that that proves your argument. When you actually get around to posting the language that you think proves your case, I and others have explained why you're wrong. Copy/pasting other people's broad arguments doesn't refute that.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 06-03-10 at 04:39 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #78
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    What part of raiding an aid flotilla in international waters is legal?
    Which part is illegal?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #79
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Which part is illegal?
    Israel's foreign ministry said it had warned the ambassadors of Cyprus, Greece, Ireland, Sweden and Turkey -- from where the ships set sail -- that it had "issued warrants that prohibit the entrance of the vessels to Gaza."

    The flotilla "is about to break international law," the ministry's director general Yossi Gal told the diplomats.
    Gaza aid fleet undeterred as Israel steps up warnings - Yahoo! News

    OBL 11/24/02

  10. #80
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Israeli officials have found no weapons onboard relief convoy

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Those are pictures from the office of the IDF spokesman buddy.
    And therefore a highly uncredible source. If these people can hide nuclear bombs in tiny Israel, they can hide a few truths about a boat. The first hand account of all those on board, German/British/American/Turkish you name it have described the handling of the situation by the IDF heavy handed and unnecessarily bloody.

    And you should ask yourself why.
    Tell me your convinced the BBC is anti-semetic. Please. Make my day. This isn't 1945 baby. The anti-Semites don't call the west Zionist Occupational Government for nothing you know.

    I only see sticks being used?
    The circled thing in red could be a strap-on for all you could tell, but that was convinently branded as a "WMD" probably. Let me tell you buddy if i was sailing by boat in international waters and a bunch of Jews jumped on my boat id be going all SS over there arses too.

    This is just pathetic. An apache helicopter has managed to circle out a blurred figure in the distance holding a knife. wtf. I just saw the top of somebodies head.

    Those rods have not been confirmed as being metal in fact your pictures do not show metal rods. The last video in the end obviously shows a wooden rod despite its insistence otherwise. I still only see activists defending themselves from an illegal raid.
    Last edited by MetalGear; 06-03-10 at 04:49 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •