Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

  1. #11
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    CNSNews.com - Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of Jesus, 'The Word Made Flesh'

    So... how long till our resident Atheist tear her apart for this?

    How about our Resident "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE" folks demand she be removed from office. Religion has no place in Government after all...
    I've got a question for you, Vic. You're complaining that Pelosi believes she "Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of Jesus, 'The Word Made Flesh'," a complaint I happen to agree with, by the way. Then you attack those who agree with you because they might be atheists.

    WTF do you want here, dude?

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    A papal reprimand disqualifies one from being a God fearing Catholic? There are quite a few well publicized instances of kiddy screwing clergy that severely undermines that premise.
    The Pope condemned the actions of the pedophile priests' as well. Pelosi says she is passing laws in keeping with her Catholic values, but even the Pope, the leader of the Catholic church and in Catholic doctrine takes the place of Peter, told Pelosi to her face that her stance on abortion is wrong. The Pope also said all abortion supporting Catholics should be denied communion. I am not a Catholic nor am I trying to defend the Catholic church, but what Pelosi is doing is using her religion as a mask. She was reprimanded by the Pope and he even told her to her face that she is wrong on abortion. Yet she still supports it and many other things that go against Catholic doctrine. It would be comparable to someone saying that they are a good soldier and they want to pass laws that are in accordance with the military's values. But at the same time the President and the heads of the military say this person is wrong and tell them to their face that what they are doing is not in accordance with the military's values.
    Last edited by digsbe; 06-01-10 at 07:19 PM.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I've got a question for you, Vic. You're complaining that Pelosi believes she "Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of Jesus, 'The Word Made Flesh'," a complaint I happen to agree with, by the way. Then you attack those who agree with you because they might be atheists.

    WTF do you want here, dude?
    I'm not attacking Atheist for that... I'm demanding consistency from them, that's all.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #14
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm not attacking Atheist for that... I'm demanding consistency from them, that's all.
    Then you're exceedingly misled (or something ).

    Atheist =/= Pelosi supporter and/or Democrat.

    And speaking of "consistency:"

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    There are quite a few well publicized instances of kiddy screwing clergy that severely undermines that premise.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    I have to agree with Glinda. Most atheists I know are actually pretty conservative politically (not socially).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #16
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I have to agree with Glinda. Most atheists I know are actually pretty conservative politically (not socially).
    Thanks, digs.

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You know as well as i do that this only matters when a conservative is discussing the rleationship between his faith and his policy positons.

    Liberals? They get a pass -- it's more than OK for them to force their religious/moral beliefs on others.
    Just ask them.
    Prove this.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm not attacking Atheist for that... I'm demanding consistency from them, that's all.
    You are demanding consistency, but not demonstrating any evidence that there is none. When a liberal comes on to this thread and shows some, you'll have a point. Until then, this is a pretty pointless "call out" thread.

    If you REALLY want to know how to run DP's favorite game, Hypocrisy Check! I'll be happy to give you pointers.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #19
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    I believe that we should not make laws based solely on our religious beliefs. I do not like Pelosi's comment.

    Now, MrV, instead of throwing a fit about some imagined belief about what others think, how about actually commenting on what you think of Pelosi's statement.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You are demanding consistency, but not demonstrating any evidence that there is none. When a liberal comes on to this thread and shows some, you'll have a point. Until then, this is a pretty pointless "call out" thread.

    If you REALLY want to know how to run DP's favorite game, Hypocrisy Check! I'll be happy to give you pointers.
    No, that's the mod's game.

    I was going after the folks that scream about religion in Gov't and who happen to be Atheist. If you cannot understand that... not my problem.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •