Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

Thread: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

  1. #11
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    I agree that this was a joke but I thought it was ok for black comedians to make jokes about whites and a total taboo for white comideians to make black jokes. And the use of black stereotypes too.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  2. #12
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    I think that anybody who takes a comedian seriously is a joke.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #13
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I agree that this was a joke but I thought it was ok for black comedians to make jokes about whites and a total taboo for white comideians to make black jokes. And the use of black stereotypes too.
    Maher doesn't care about your personal sensitivities. Change the channel
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #14
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    OK - so, we're suppose to take the Comedian John Stewart seriously.
    But disregard any presumed seriousness coming from the Comedian Bill Maher.

    Ok, I got it - it's total hypocrisy and ridiculous partisan favoritism bull**** - but I've got it, now.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #15
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    right, so. nappy headed hos and all that, right?

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This is literally the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Do you people not watch Leno or Letterman? It's a monologue. He's telling jokes. Jesus Christ.
    Thank you.

  7. #17
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    OK - so, we're suppose to take the Comedian John Stewart seriously.
    But disregard any presumed seriousness coming from the Comedian Bill Maher.

    Ok, I got it - it's total hypocrisy and ridiculous partisan favoritism bull**** - but I've got it, now.
    No...no you really don't get it. I honestly have no idea how to explain this to you, but you're just so completely off the mark here that you've passed Neptune. When Jon Stewart is doing an impression of The Penguin when talking about Dick Cheney, he is not actually suggesting that Dick Cheney is a Batman villain and you shouldn't be taking those remarks seriously. I mean, I am at a total loss here, because apparently someone has to explain to you what a joke is.

    Edit: I don't even understand where you got the idea that this is "partisan favoritism." What political grounds would you expect there to be for this ridiculous premise of yours? Liberal vs. More Liberal? This doesn't make any sense.

    Edit2: For more clarification.
    You don't get it.
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-30-10 at 11:05 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #18
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,419
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    RealClearPolitics - Video - Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    While I am in no way a follower or supporter of President Obama, I do have to ask this guy Maher one question.

    President Obama is so far as I am aware the only colored President the US has ever had, so how does a 'Real Black' President act?

    It is not that there have been any precedents.
    Take out "black", and Maher's spot on.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #19
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No...no you really don't get it. I honestly have no idea how to explain this to you, but you're just so completely off the mark here that you've passed Neptune. When Jon Stewart is doing an impression of The Penguin when talking about Dick Cheney, he is not actually suggesting that Dick Cheney is a Batman villain and you shouldn't be taking those remarks seriously. I mean, I am at a total loss here, because apparently someone has to explain to you what a joke is.

    Edit: I don't even understand where you got the idea that this is "partisan favoritism." What political grounds would you expect there to be for this ridiculous premise of yours? Liberal vs. More Liberal? This doesn't make any sense.

    Edit2: For more clarification.
    You don't get it.
    *facepalm* Now you're not getting it.

    My point was that Maher is a comedian.
    My point is that Jon Stewart is a comedian.
    I don't take anything that they ever say or do *seriously* - because they're just comedians.

    I was poking fun at (and making a truthful observation about) people who *do* take political comedians seriously, such as those people who love Jon Stewart's political satire and take it like it's serious fact. . . These other people *take* Jon Stewart seriously . . . and I noticed that some of those *same* people are trying to tell people who've been offended by Maher to *not* take Maher's comments seriously - as if there's a difference.

    They both do the SAME thing in comedy - but we're not suppose to take one seriously while the other is a heavy-reve?

    SEE the hypocrisy coming from some people?
    It ain't coming from me, that's for damn sure.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 05-31-10 at 11:16 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #20
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    *facepalm* Now you're not getting it.

    My point was that Maher is a comedian.
    My point is that Jon Stewart is a comedian.
    I don't take anything that they ever say or do *seriously* - because they're just comedians.

    I was poking fun at (and making a truthful observation about) people who *do* take political comedians seriously, such as those people who love Jon Stewart's political satire and take it like it's serious fact. . . These other people *take* Jon Stewart seriously . . . and I noticed that some of those *same* people are trying to tell people who've been offended by Maher to *not* take Maher's comments seriously - as if there's a difference.

    They both do the SAME thing in comedy - but we're not suppose to take one seriously while the other is a heavy-reve?

    SEE the hypocrisy coming from some people?
    It ain't coming from me, that's for damn sure.
    Well i cant anwser to who you are refferring too because their stand may have very well been hyicritcal but i will say this. None of them are to be taken aboslutley serious Stewart, Mahr, Beck, Rush etc

    They all tell jokes, they all tell opinions, they all tell truths.
    Glenn beck tells lots of opinions that he tries to sell has fact, he tells lies too BUT he also tells truths/facts sprinkled in entertainment
    Stewart show tells lots of jokes with truth/facts spinkled in also

    again the person you are talking about could have been a tool im just pointing out that all these guys are there for entertainment, not to be taken to seriously and jokes and truths are scattered among them all.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •