Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 113

Thread: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Please don't tell me you think only liberals are corrupt.
    Of course not. Did I say that? I re-read what I wrote, and I don't see that at all.

    The last democratic president in office was impeached. The next democratic president in office is now under investigation and might be impeached. I see a trend.

    Was Reagan impeached? Bush Sr? Bush Jr? Nope. It seems that democratic presidents find themselves under the impeachment umbrella more often than conservative ones.

    Clinton lies under oath, and to the entire nation. Gets slammed for it too. Before you say Bush lied, he wasn't impeached. Why? Because of all the liberals quoted as saying the same thing he did about Saddam Insane. Can't impeach when you repeatedly repeat back the same thing. However....this is way different. It's not about lying......to me it's way worse. This about corruption at the highest level. I can't believe it's only punishable by one year in prison. That is insane.

    But.......I can't preach about the constitution if I don't want to live by it. He is innocent until proven guilty, period.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 05-26-10 at 11:40 PM.

  2. #32
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Fixed it for you and,...

    I'll take that bet.
    good, what's the bet?

    and what makes offering a retired admiral the position of secretary of the navy an illegal act?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    good, what's the bet?

    and what makes offering a retired admiral the position of secretary of the navy an illegal act?
    It was a bribe to get him not to run for office

  4. #34
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    good, what's the bet?

    and what makes offering a retired admiral the position of secretary of the navy an illegal act?
    I'm not saying that this is a cut and dried case, but this isn't really the right question.

    What makes any offer of employment an illegal act? A violation of a federal statute.

    If we all agree that it would be illegal to offer Sestak the Sec. of Navy job in exchange for $50k, then why is it hard to believe it could be illegal to offer him the same job for another consideration?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #35
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    How About a investigation? Want to bet Obama and the dems stop any investigation?
    it should get at least the same amount of attention as the faux scandal created by the CIA to embarass Bush (as paybacks for Bush blaming the CIA for its incompetence in Iraq) known as the Plamegate.



  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    it should get at least the same amount of attention as the faux scandal created by the CIA to embarass Bush (as paybacks for Bush blaming the CIA for its incompetence in Iraq) known as the Plamegate.
    You have to go off topic and bring up Bush to try and save face for Obama it isn't working.

  7. #37
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    Here's the thing that I think is more interesting:

    On the one side, you have the Democratic nominee for the Senate claiming that the White House offered him this seat if he would drop out of the race.

    On the other side, you have WH officials claiming that Sestak is making this up.

    Regardless of whether this constitutes a crime, someone is lying or otherwise shading the truth.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #38
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    One thing is guaranteed...

    It will be several generations before a black candidate will be elected to the office of the POTUS, because of this clown's performance.

    An absolutely brilliant black man, or woman, will come along in the near future to run for president and won't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning because of this prick. He's an embarressment to the black community in this country.

    He confirms, along with Jefferson, Sharpton, Jackson and Kilpatrick, that a black politician is corrupt as all hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #39
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    One thing is guaranteed...

    It will be several generations before a black candidate will be elected to the office of the POTUS, because of this clown's performance.

    An absolutely brilliant black man, or woman, will come along in the near future to run for president and won't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning because of this prick. He's an embarressment to the black community in this country.

    He confirms, along with Jefferson, Sharpton, Jackson and Kilpatrick, that a black politician is corrupt as all hell.
    Much like Tom Delay confirmed that white politicians are corrupt as all hell.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Please Mr. V, enlighten me as to what "isn't conservative" about my position? Specifics if you would.
    Sure let's break it down!


    There's enough smoke, look into it. If there's some wrong doing, act. If there's not, drop it. Don't go fishing, don't go on an inquisition, don't pull dozens of people before grand juries in hopes of catching them in perjury, don't make this front page news constantly when its not even close to the conclussion phase when most of the facts are known, and don't focus on the politics of it and who it can get rid of.
    See you're here, the "voice of reason". No no, don't you silly hyper-partisans, don't you turn this into some sort of witch hunt. Leave it to the Professionals. Never mind that such would require Eric Holder to step up... or the Judiciary Committee to step up. Or the Media to discuss the issue.

    No no, Zyphlin won't be a party so such "partisan" non-sense.




    It was obnoxious with Lewinski and Clinton. It was obnoxious with Libby and Bush/Clinton. It will be obnoxious here and likely a similar effect.
    Ahh yes, you covered both the Clinton and Bush scandals. Making sure no one would confuse you with those Conservatives who backed the Clinton Impeachment. You're beyond such petty things and witch hunts over sexual interactions between consenting adults.

    And just to make sure you are well and truly seen as not a partisan Conservative, you're hedging your bets that this will be a wild goose chase and you'll be ready to say "See, I told you it would be BS"


    Let authorities look into it, determine if there's wrong doing, and deal with it, and stop politicizing the **** out of this stuff...both sides.
    Oh and you are also positioned to say "See, I told you to wait for the experts to handle things..." just in case it IS something. Amazing!

    I like the pop on the end, "both sides". Just to ensure no one could even remotely accuse you of being "partisan".


    You are the type of Conservative that is ASHAMED of anyone that takes a solid stance, you want to be liked, you want to be seen as someone that is willing to "stand up" to those crazy fools on the right... no no, you're a "good Conservative".
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •