Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 75 of 75

Thread: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie swiftly vetoes 'millionaires tax,' property tax rebate bills

  1. #71
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie swiftly vetoes 'millionaires tax,' property tax rebate b

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, they are facts, even though you wish they were not. Here are quotes and the link to those quotes:
    Nothing in the article identified Christie was "pissed", but it did identify the unions were. From the link you provided...

    Christie’s fight with the NJEA has drawn anger from the union, and criticism from other quarters.
    My point here is - attributing "emotions" to a situation where evidence doesn't back it up to bolster your argument is a little cheap and not necessary. Even the anger identified by the unions is not directly quoted but attributed by the situation. And lastly - anger is subjective except in extreme cases where video is present.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Exactly as I said. This is about his fight with the teachers unions and he is trying to influence certain districts on that fact. I don't agree with the teachers unions, but he's playing hardball because of his fight with them.
    Sure he is... and what he's asking is reasonable and even easy compared to the private sector and what we have to pay. I don't see this as a "fight" of which you attribute anger and being "pissed". I just don't see it in the evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    All I see from you are conservative talking points... which seems to be the extent of your style.
    I don't follow talking points I follow what I think is right. You want to try and cheapen that by making accusations - be my guest. Doesn't change a thing as far as I'm concerned and I'm not changing my "style" for anybody. If that's what you have to rely on because of your weak arguement and lack of fact - that's just sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Some schools are losing music, drama, and athletic programs. With positions being cut, class size will increase, and the amount of AP classes in some schools will be reduced because schools can no longer justify having small class size, which many AP's are. The Bloustein Scholarship is being put on hold, and might be eliminated. This is what I know, thus far.
    That's okay. Mom and Dad will have to dig into their pockets and pay for music, drama, athletic programs. Eliminating a scholorship here and there is no big deal. There's the GI Bill, there's working for college credits, there's the Federal lending system now, so there's plenty of alternatives. Sure, it's a little harder but so what. I went into the Army and then to college with no help and did just fine and came out the better for it. No sympathy from me if kids have to assert themselves and work for what they want. Welcome to the real world.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Right or wrong, voters do have the last word. And, it's pretty easy to manipulate voters with the right words. And YOU are the only one talking about ideology, demonstrating your inability to see past it.
    My view is a way of life. I walk what I talk. If more people did that we'd have much less problems IMO. Regarding manipulation - that's part of politics of both Democrats and Republicans. In NJ, it's Democrats and have been and largely still is. Facts again are what you don't want to address nor the $33 billion dollar debt, migration out of the state, entitlement spending ... etc. We finally have to do something about it and Democrat ideology got us here. Voters in this case have given Democrats in NJ the benefit of the doubt for decades and here we are - broke. I use the Obama defense here normally used by Democrats... time for a CHANGE. Don't forget, people can still move out of state if they don't have the stomach for it.
    Last edited by Ockham; 05-23-10 at 09:00 PM.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie swiftly vetoes 'millionaires tax,' property tax rebate b

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    The reason is, because you get more in money, and the fact this is how the system works. Plus, the fact that the rich 1% tend to not pay their fair part of the tax burden which I THINK is the truth.

    I think this sums it up pretty well.

    Taxation in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    I stumbled upon this article while getting information, and this is one of the richest men in America complain we tax him too little. So the man who is one of the richest men in America, and he thinks we tax him too little that is funny is it not. I think he on the right track the person who get more money should have to pay more in taxes.
    nonsense. The top 1% pay 40% of the income tax and almost all the death confiscation tax. Are you so deluded into thinking the top 1% use anywhere NEAR 40% of the government services?

    I don't care what one ultra rich billionaire says. He is engaged in ingratiation

    you might ask what he is doing with his estate=the government gets nothing

    THe question you need to answer--why do I have a duty to pay for stuff you use



  3. #73
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie swiftly vetoes 'millionaires tax,' property tax rebate b

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Don't they already do this?
    they would under a flat tax or a NST

    however, the votes of people like our young income redistributionist could not be bought by dem politicians by promising him more and more goodies that he wont face a tax hike to pay for

    the rich actually need the government less than the middle and lower classes.



  4. #74
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie swiftly vetoes 'millionaires tax,' property tax rebate b

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Millionaires have the money, and New Jersey needs it.
    That's a great attitude if your goal is get your highest taxpayers to leave the state. How does that help NJ?

  5. #75
    Student Boomyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    03-05-11 @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    161

    Re: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie swiftly vetoes 'millionaires tax,' property tax rebate b

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    ...... I think he on the right track the person who get more money should have to pay more in taxes.
    Hmmmm, what am I missing here? I thought they already did, by a huge margin.

    Oh, now I get it. Someone forgot to read the Tenth Commandment. But then it has been outlawed, hasn't it!!!
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.-2 Timothy 4:3-4:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •