Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

  1. #51
    User Whigfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brussels/Leuven, Belgium
    Last Seen
    05-27-10 @ 06:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    32

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Sorry, anecdotel stories are not evidence.

    I have seen Detroit and Flint and the near squaleur that people live in.

    The book is not Marxist. It is a well researched social science book on the causes of poverty in the US. Sorry to see your ideology blinds you to the plight of your fellow citizens.
    "Frukta mindre, hoppas mer, ät mindre, tugga mer, Gnäll mindre, andas mer, prata mindre, säg mer, älska mer, och alla goda ting kommer att bli din" - Swedish Proverb

  2. #52
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-22-11 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    463

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Where have I said any of this. Seriously, stop spewing partisan nonsense and actually address what is being said.
    Yaol Herr'Commandant.. I bow before thee and shall never again oppose your awesomeness....

    I never said YOU said it.. it's NOT ALL about you BOO-BOO... but I DO like what you said about addressing what was said... SO... do you care to address what was said, or does your awsomeness preclude such?
    CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS WEIGH LIGHTLY UPON YOU; AND MAY PROSPERITY FORGET THAT YE WERE MY COUNTRYMEN. -SAMUEL ADAMS

  3. #53
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-22-11 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    463

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Quote Originally Posted by Whigfield View Post
    Sorry, anecdotel stories are not evidence.
    I know those pesky eye-witness accounts are incredible when compared to the intellectual spew you've been reading from a person who has never set foot in sec-8 anything... I withdraw my submission of personal experience and submit to your third hand literary genius..."anecdotel"
    CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS WEIGH LIGHTLY UPON YOU; AND MAY PROSPERITY FORGET THAT YE WERE MY COUNTRYMEN. -SAMUEL ADAMS

  4. #54
    User Whigfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brussels/Leuven, Belgium
    Last Seen
    05-27-10 @ 06:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    32

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Anecdotal evidence is unconfirmable, that is why it is not used as evidence. Pretty simple logic actually and not some high intellect ivory towerism.

    Since we cannot know what you saw beyond what you tell me you saw, I cannot know if it true. Hence why it takes multiple similiar accounts for anecdotal evidence to be accepted.

    The book is based on peer-reviewed research that uses multiple sources. Even then, it is just part of the picture.
    "Frukta mindre, hoppas mer, ät mindre, tugga mer, Gnäll mindre, andas mer, prata mindre, säg mer, älska mer, och alla goda ting kommer att bli din" - Swedish Proverb

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yop
    Last Seen
    06-27-16 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way ...






    oOOOo that sounds dirty ... Can I see some pics ??? Im getting horny !!!

  6. #56
    User JustinCase's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Quote Originally Posted by ConservaBill View Post
    Save the Marxist, elitist literature for the birdcage where it is best suited for duty!

    Which is it? Marxist or elitist? The concepts of Marxism & elitism are not complementary.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Quote Originally Posted by ConservaBill View Post
    Yaol Herr'Commandant.. I bow before thee and shall never again oppose your awesomeness....

    I never said YOU said it.. it's NOT ALL about you BOO-BOO... but I DO like what you said about addressing what was said... SO... do you care to address what was said, or does your awsomeness preclude such?
    Then if I didn't say it, what's your point? And if you think someone else has actually said this, quote them. Any fool can run a bunch of claims, but they are meaningless until you can actually show someone saying it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #58
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    That's not what I nor the article is saying. You can provide some help, but promises of full social support for retirement is unaffordable.
    I missed that vote. I must have been out of the country when we became socialist. Seriously, when has our government promised us full social support for retirement or any other social program of significance?

    America is no where near to or even remotely on a path for European style socialism. If we were, there would have been a legitimate discussion about National Health Insurance this passed year, not some type of watered down regulation that largely enriches the private sector.

    Sorry, but all we have or will ever have here is a minimal safety net. We, as Americans, do not have the appetite for much more.

    This Limbaugh/Faux news discussion of socialism makes for nice sound bites, but frankly is quite intellectually dishonest. Its always a good idea to know what a word means before using it in a sentence. Those that want to discuss socialism in America have some homework.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 06-01-10 at 01:14 AM.

  9. #59
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-22-11 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    463

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Frankly being that you are a "student" you were probably not out of the woumb, much less out of the country. I understand we allowed you to be indoctrinated in Progressive thought, but that does not preclude your personal quest for the truth..

    the term SOCIALST you hear bantered about, is an over simplification for the masses.. in truth, these are Totalinarian-Marxist (Marxist-Progressive) programs.. Marxism is close enough for some Americans to call it socialism. I don't care what you call it.. my preference is Generational Slavery.

    It does no good to argue what anyone calls it.. your either for it (Socialist) or you are against it (Capitalist).. GEEEZ pick a side a take a stand, but argue for your side, don't simply denigrate the opposition, as we see that coming a mile away!

    Did you ever notice nobody wants to argue the merits of Marxism, but Marxists ALWAYS rather attack the messenger. That is because if the ignorant masses knew who they where, they'd be run out on rails just like the 30's.. It's coming agian so make sure you are on the side of the Consitution and not the Progressives... the recoil probably won't be as benign as the last time.

    You're saying lets go ahead and "feed the bears... just a little won't hurt"... yes it does hurt, that's why we now have generations of entitlement slaves.
    CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS WEIGH LIGHTLY UPON YOU; AND MAY PROSPERITY FORGET THAT YE WERE MY COUNTRYMEN. -SAMUEL ADAMS

  10. #60
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Sugarcoating Socialism the French Way

    Quote Originally Posted by ConservaBill View Post
    Frankly being that you are a "student" you were probably not out of the woumb, much less out of the country. I understand we allowed you to be indoctrinated in Progressive thought, but that does not preclude your personal quest for the truth..

    the term SOCIALST you hear bantered about, is an over simplification for the masses.. in truth, these are Totalinarian-Marxist (Marxist-Progressive) programs.. Marxism is close enough for some Americans to call it socialism. I don't care what you call it.. my preference is Generational Slavery.

    It does no good to argue what anyone calls it.. your either for it (Socialist) or you are against it (Capitalist).. GEEEZ pick a side a take a stand, but argue for your side, don't simply denigrate the opposition, as we see that coming a mile away!

    Did you ever notice nobody wants to argue the merits of Marxism, but Marxists ALWAYS rather attack the messenger. That is because if the ignorant masses knew who they where, they'd be run out on rails just like the 30's.. It's coming agian so make sure you are on the side of the Consitution and not the Progressives... the recoil probably won't be as benign as the last time.

    You're saying lets go ahead and "feed the bears... just a little won't hurt"... yes it does hurt, that's why we now have generations of entitlement slaves.
    Why would anyone argue the merits of something they are not supporting? Strawman much?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •