Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 137

Thread: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't see hyperlinks to an equally credible counter study or 2, I guess you didn't have anything to say.
    I don't need to, because studies are worthless when talking about peoples rights.

    Until you can show me law or federal or state court rulings that state that it is an official "hazard" to not allow guns in a location then your argument that you are free to infringe on peoples personal property rights because of a "hazard" are null in void.

    I don't care if every study out there said it, that doesn't make it allowable under the law and statutes of the state and country.

    I don't have to present counters to your studies, because your studies don't actually back up the assertion you're making....which is the fact that not allowing guns ARE a hazard and therefore its okay to infringe on peoples rights. Studies don't define what a hazard is or isn't, not when it comes to the law...and when you start talking about infringing on peoples rights you're talking about law.

  2. #62
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Jerry, stop it! You're making the rest of us pro-2nd amendment folks look bad, damnit.

  3. #63
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    The headline:

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting
    If you had read more than the headline, then you would have seen why the NRA issued the notice of the ban. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #64
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If you had read more than the headline, then you would have seen why the NRA issued the notice of the ban. LOL.
    I read the whole thing; all they did was go in line with the laws on the books and rules of the convention center.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  5. #65
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I will take a bullet for my kids. I've been in that life-or-death situation before. Once with a 200lb pit bull and once with a shiv wielding gang banger. I'm no hero, I didn't fly in and save the day, thanfully I kept my cool and got out of it.....but I've been in no-win situations where it was either me or my children and I made my choice. Just because I won the loto and walked away doesn't mean I wasn't in the mindset ready to die.

    I will die for them, so if you pull your weapon you had better hope you don't get distracted and give me an opportunity. If you don't offer me a way out with my kids....
    But isn't it safer for both you and your children to simply respect the wishes of the homeowner and return the firearm to your car?

    On the other hand, if the situation escalates to someone threatening a firearm if I don't leave, I don't care if the kids are buck naked, I'd pick them up and go.
    Which would be the wise choice in that situation.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #66
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I read the whole thing; all they did was go in line with the laws on the books and rules of the convention center.
    Exactly, and all they did was to be stupid in choosing that site. LOL.

    I can see it now. Charlton Heston, holding his dick in his hand instead of a gun, and pronouncing "From my cold dead hands". LOL.
    Last edited by danarhea; 05-17-10 at 06:51 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #67
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Why would a gun owner oppose people carrying...and how much did he have to drink....hmm...
    I'm a gun owner (well, former gun owner), but I'd be an idiot if I let some dude I don't know, who's ex is flopping around my house in a drunken stupor even though her kids are there, carry inside my house.

    I've got to worry about me and mine. That's exactly the type of situation that can lead to an angry exchange between the exes. I don't want them armed and on my property. That, in and of itself, endangers my family. I'll shoot anyone who tries to do that.

    Anyway, I would have to pose some kind of threat to him. Packing up my kids is not a threat. No, I'm not going back out. I'm not leaving my kids with a group of drunken strangers and a drunken X, especially if the homeowner is waving around a firearm. Hell ****ing no. The home owner will just have to keep his cool and we'll be out asap.
    Refusing to leave his house when ordered to do so, while being armed, is legally construed as a threat.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 05-17-10 at 06:55 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    But isn't it safer for both you and your children to simply respect the wishes of the homeowner and return the firearm to your car?
    Evidence sourced says no.

    The safer solution is not to host the hazard without a permit.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't need to,
    Ok then, at least we can both agree that you have nothing to say.

  10. #70
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Evidence sourced says no.
    You have evidence that says refusing to leave someone's property when ordered to do so, while being armed yourself, is safer than doing so?

    I'd love to see that evidence.

    The safer solution is not to host the hazard without a permit.
    The safer solution is to keep yourself out of situations where you can be legally shot.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •