Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 137

Thread: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    One might be able to argue that it is a hazard, but it is impossible to call it a public one.
    If it's a public building, it's a public hazard. A private home may not be a public hazard, but then regulation would simply fall within a different section of the title code.

    Being pregnant: Not a hazard.
    Being Black: Not a hazard.
    Remaining un****ed: Not a hazard.
    Breathing: Not a hazard.
    Being unarmed: Hazard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    As such, the government has no authority to infringe upon property rights.
    So just do away with building code, aye? Let people build whatever they like, how ever they like, wherever they like?
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-17-10 at 04:48 PM.

  2. #32
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,270

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Anyone who thinks Raw Story is a legitimate source for news should have their head examined. Maybe there should be a forum entitled "*Breaking News* - Lying Bastards" for this kind of bull****.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No I'm saying that if you invite anyone into your home, you are giving them permission to carry in the same act.
    You are, unless you specifically tell them "You may not bring a gun in my home".

    If you proceed to do so you are then trespassing, as you are entering their personal property against their permission, as their permission for you to be on their property ONLY extends to you if you do not have a gun on your person. Once you do, you are trespassing, and therefore violating their rights and the law.

    Denying someone to carry is identical to denying someone to breath. If someone says "stop breathing or GTFO", I would of course leave.
    Of course you would. Because if you didn't you'd be trespassing and breaking the law and infringing upon their property rights. No one ever said someone has to have a reasonable reason to bar you from their home.

    This person is being highly irrational just as those who say "don't bring you firearm in my home" are.
    No, the only thing that is irrational is comparing something that is physically and scientifically proven and undisputable as being necessary for the continuation for life to carrying a firearm.

    If someone says "you can't be pregnant in my home", they are being irrational.
    And yet are fully in their right to tell said person to leave their home, and if they don't that person is trespassing.

    If someone says "you can't be Black in my home", they are being irrational.
    And yet are fully in their right to tell said person to leave their home, and if they don't that person is trespassing.

    These are exactly the same as "you can't be armed in my home".
    Um, no, the black one is not exactly the same. You really need to learn what words mean jerry, when you use them in error it makes your argument ridiculous. One can not simply, say, leave their "blackness" in the car. They can not store their blackness at home. They can not store their blackness in some other location. You can do that with your gun. It is not exactly the same.

    As to a public building, the owner should have to demonstrate a need to disarm the public in order to bar firearms. "zomg gunzorz r baaad mmkay rfol kthxby" doesn't cut it.
    "I believe patrons of my business will fill uncomfortable with guns present, thereby causing me financial damage in loss of business, and as such disallow guns into my place of business".

    Perfectly reasonable.

    You don't seem to grasp that your gun rights does not violate their private property rights. They can't "move" their private property, you can your gun. They aren't entering into your gun ownership, you are entering into their private property. You are making the CHOICE to enter into their private property and, in ignoring their rules, CHOOSING to violate their private property rights and FORCING them to experience that violation. They have no choice in whether or not your violate their private property, and thus why we have law enforcement. On the contrary, you DO have a choice. You have the choice not to enter that facility.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    As much of a gun supporter as I am, this is just not true. You have NO RIGHT to be on someone elses property, period. They are ALLOWING you onto their property. In that instance, you have to abide by their rules, period. No one is making you go on their property. If you step foot on someones land with a gun and they specifically say no guns they can deem you an immediate threat and shoot to kill.

    I can make any rule I want to on my property and you must obey or I can have you removed. You have ZERO RIGHT to my land. You better damn well believe I can make you leave your gun in your car.
    Gun-Free zones are hazards. If you can't justify the hazard, you need to remove that hazard.

    If you don't want firearms in your home because....your grandmother who lives with you uses oxygen...there's an exposed gas line being maintenanced.....SHIZZAM my ass had better keep that Glock in the car.

    If you give me das-boot because I refuse to disarm I should be able to file a complaint with the county, have you inspected and subject to fines if you don't have a permit for that hazard.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-17-10 at 04:58 PM.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Jerry, you are comical. You say "gun free zones are hazards." Well, thats up for debate, the debate is whether you have the right to infringe on someones rights to deny you access to your firearm while on their property.

    I don't need a permit to say leave your gun in your car or else don't come on my property.

    Jerry, are you just playing games? You really think you can call the law on someone who kicks you off their property because you have a gun? Yea, and I'll file harassment charges on you quick as you please.

  6. #36
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If it's a public building, it's a public hazard.
    Opened to the public =/= public building.

    It's still a private building. They just allow people to enter under certain caveats and implied agreements.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #37
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If it's a public building, it's a public hazard. A private home may not be a public hazard, but then regulation would simply fall within a different section of the title code.

    Being pregnant: Not a hazard.
    Being Black: Not a hazard.
    Remaining un****ed: Not a hazard.
    Breathing: Not a hazard.
    Being unarmed: Hazard.



    So just do away with building code, aye? Let people build whatever they like, how ever they like, wherever they like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Gun-Free zones are hazards. If you can't justify the hazard, you need to remove that hazard.

    If you don't want firearms in your home because....your grandmother who lives with you uses oxygen...there's an exposed gas line being maintenanced.....SHIZZAM my ass had better keep that Glock in the car.

    If you give me das-boot because I refuse to disarm I should be able to file a complaint with the county, have you inspected and subject to fines if you don't have a permit for that hazard.
    Did someone forget to take their medication this morning... ?

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You are, unless you specifically tell them "You may not bring a gun in my home".

    If you proceed to do so you are then trespassing, as you are entering their personal property against their permission, as their permission for you to be on their property ONLY extends to you if you do not have a gun on your person. Once you do, you are trespassing, and therefore violating their rights and the law.



    Of course you would. Because if you didn't you'd be trespassing and breaking the law and infringing upon their property rights. No one ever said someone has to have a reasonable reason to bar you from their home.



    No, the only thing that is irrational is comparing something that is physically and scientifically proven and undisputable as being necessary for the continuation for life to carrying a firearm.



    And yet are fully in their right to tell said person to leave their home, and if they don't that person is trespassing.



    And yet are fully in their right to tell said person to leave their home, and if they don't that person is trespassing.



    Um, no, the black one is not exactly the same. You really need to learn what words mean jerry, when you use them in error it makes your argument ridiculous. One can not simply, say, leave their "blackness" in the car. They can not store their blackness at home. They can not store their blackness in some other location. You can do that with your gun. It is not exactly the same.



    "I believe patrons of my business will fill uncomfortable with guns present, thereby causing me financial damage in loss of business, and as such disallow guns into my place of business".

    Perfectly reasonable.

    You don't seem to grasp that your gun rights does not violate their private property rights. They can't "move" their private property, you can your gun. They aren't entering into your gun ownership, you are entering into their private property. You are making the CHOICE to enter into their private property and, in ignoring their rules, CHOOSING to violate their private property rights and FORCING them to experience that violation. They have no choice in whether or not your violate their private property, and thus why we have law enforcement. On the contrary, you DO have a choice. You have the choice not to enter that facility.
    You're creating a hazard without a justification. That's irrational.

    The way to be free of a Gun-Free zone and keep your patrons happy is to only allow concealed carry.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-17-10 at 05:04 PM.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Did someone forget to take their medication this morning... ?
    Mods, please do not warn/infract her for that, I like it when she gets feisty

  10. #40
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Donít shoot: NRA bans guns from its annual meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Mods, please do not warn/infract her for that, I like it when she gets feisty
    I'm just sayin'....

    You seem a little paranoid

    Oh wait! You've been hitting the doobies, haven't ya? I wondered where my stash went.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •