Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 93

Thread: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    why should the teacher have to tolerate the throwing of paper airplanes in their class?
    what was excessively dialed up which needed to be dialed down, in your opinion?
    I didn't say a teacher should; however, 3 days ISS is too much punishment for throwing a paper airplane. It looks like an overreaction on the part of the school officials.

    The correct punishment should have been three days of detention.

  2. #72
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I didn't say a teacher should; however, 3 days ISS is too much punishment for throwing a paper airplane. It looks like an overreaction on the part of the school officials.

    The correct punishment should have been three days of detention.
    what causes you to conclude that the punishment given was excessive?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #73
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    what causes you to conclude that the punishment given was excessive?
    Suspension for 3 DAYS for THROWING A [singular] paper airplane sounds excessive - especially if no prior warnings or verbal reprimands were given before.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  4. #74
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    Suspension for 3 DAYS for THROWING A [singular] paper airplane sounds excessive - especially if no prior warnings or verbal reprimands were given before.
    and you have made your conclusion with the assumption that there was nothing previous to the event which could have contributed to the resulting punishment

    maybe that was a one time incident and the teacher came down hard

    maybe the punishment was the result of the teacher trying to get the student's attention

    does anyone here have sufficient information to know the reasonableness of the punishment
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,964

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    But on the back of a pickup truck or a klan rally...
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Listen dude, you don't know what you are talking about, BTW, those same KKK dudes also fly Old Glory, guess that would make the United States flag a symbol of racism as well by your standards huh?




    Holy ****! Apparently according to Hazl's exquisite logic Old Glory stands for the lynching blacks and gassing jews...I mean, they're holding the flag so it MUST mean the flag endorses their actions! In Hazl's words

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Yee-haw!!

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    Holy ****! Apparently according to Hazl's exquisite logic Old Glory stands for the lynching blacks and gassing jews...I mean, they're holding the flag so it MUST mean the flag endorses their actions! In Hazl's words
    Strawman...

    and pretty feeble at that.

    Maybe you want to try to debate my actual point next time.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Ah, so someone in California is going to tell me what my heritage means. Listen dude, you don't know what you are talking about, BTW, those same KKK dudes also fly Old Glory, guess that would make the United States flag a symbol of racism as well by your standards huh?
    I see you missed the point.

    The confederate flag is associated with some pretty ugly parts of the American experience.

    The flag of Mexico is not.


    One more thing, the KKK was formed as an anti-catholic organization prior to adopting their hatred of all non-baptists and non-whites so maybe you'd like to learn a little more about the subject before telling me about my area of the country. What's next, you gonna tell me about the swamps 25 miles from my city? You wanna tell me about the best way to cook cajun food? Yeah, thought so.
    They teach you all that at Grand Wizard school?

  8. #78
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Strawman...
    Bull****! You were the one who used pictures of the Klan and Dixie in the same example, your own flawed logic was exposed.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I see you missed the point.

    The confederate flag is associated with some pretty ugly parts of the American experience.

    The flag of Mexico is not.




    They teach you all that at Grand Wizard school?
    So the Alamo and the Spanish-American war didn't have any attrocities? Or the Mexican gangs currently raping, murdering, and selling drugs and access to the border!? Cherry pick much dude? Seriously, you and justabubba are the only two missing the point here.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    what causes you to conclude that the punishment given was excessive?
    Because good common sense dictates that three days of suspension for throwing a paper airplane is excessive and unreasonable.

    The school administrators clearly overreacted to what happened.

  10. #80
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    They teach you all that at Grand Wizard school?
    Moderator's Warning:
    Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN FlagKnock off the personal attacks or there will be further consequences.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •