Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

Thread: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    A three day suspension was excessive. Whoever made that decision is not competant to hold their current office.

    A single day suspension is even a little much; I think what we have here is a case of a racist school administrator. Had it been the other way around I doubt there would have been such consequences.

    Honestly, I think when a school administrator behaves in such a fashion it's time for that administrator to be terminated.
    My son got a 3-day ISS for throwing paper airplanes in class. In comparison, theft and destruction of school property is slightly more serious.

  2. #62
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,136

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You really don't understand the argument do you. I will give you a personal warning right here and right now. You brought up the confederate flag in a condescending tone and put people who represent it in a false negative light, if you insinuate one more time that I'm a hypocrite or racist for answering you honestly about a piece of American history versus another country's flag and slander me I will report you for such. Either debate honestly or be silent, but I will not have my character attacked by someone who has nothing to add to this argument, this is your only warning.
    how could i resist that bait
    another opportunity to point out to all of the forumites that your stance was very hypocritical. an unprincipled stand on your part because neither flag was representative of the USA. had you agreed that both should be allowed or both should be disallowed, then there would be no unprincipled hypocrisy present. instead, you approved of one flag and not the other. but explain for us how your position was based on something other than racism
    while you supported those who would remove the mexican flag you simultaneously approved the presence of the flag of the confederate states which abandoned and fired on the union in its advocacy for continued slavery
    so, i have stated that your post was hypocritical
    i have stated that the confederate flag you support was one which was flown in the defense of slavery - a severe form of racism
    and you have shown that you have no understanding of the TOS or the definition of slander
    but thanks for the laugh ... and i'm not laughing with you
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #63
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    how could i resist that bait
    another opportunity to point out to all of the forumites that your stance was very hypocritical. an unprincipled stand on your part because neither flag was representative of the USA. had you agreed that both should be allowed or both should be disallowed, then there would be no unprincipled hypocrisy present. instead, you approved of one flag and not the other. but explain for us how your position was based on something other than racism
    while you supported those who would remove the mexican flag you simultaneously approved the presence of the flag of the confederate states which abandoned and fired on the union in its advocacy for continued slavery
    so, i have stated that your post was hypocritical
    i have stated that the confederate flag you support was one which was flown in the defense of slavery - a severe form of racism
    and you have shown that you have no understanding of the TOS or the definition of slander
    but thanks for the laugh ... and i'm not laughing with you
    Reported, keep it up.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #64
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    My son got a 3-day ISS for throwing paper airplanes in class. In comparison, theft and destruction of school property is slightly more serious.
    Yeah, exactly.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #65
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    My son got a 3-day ISS for throwing paper airplanes in class. In comparison, theft and destruction of school property is slightly more serious.
    That's a whole 'nuther subject matter. I think in an effort to seem "zero tolerance" alot of these schools are taking childhood out of the equation and punishing too hard for minor things that kids do. I think a week ISS is pretty much accurate for something like this story covers though.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Considering schools don't typically display confederate flags your point is irrelevant. There is nothing to defend about the confederate flag being removed against school policy because it hasn't happened. So you are baiting and calling people racist, you have used the term itself and slandered people who display the confederate flag as racists, even though you don't concede that some people fly it for historical or traditional reasons.
    The confederate flag can be a symbol of racism and dark chapter in our history. In a civil war museum, no. But on the back of a pickup truck or a klan rally...

    The Mexican flag has no such connotation. Therefore, your comparison is a false analogy.

    When I see the confederate flag, it's sometimes followed by a nazi flag. You can't deny that is a legitimate connotation/association of the confederate flag.

    We have to live the history, but slavery and segregation are traditions we can do without.



    Yee-haw!!

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    So wait...if I have a gang picture of a group of MS-13's holding a Mexican Flag it must obviously mean the Mexican Flag means Gang Violence and People Trafficing because I mean, some KKK guys hold up a confederate flag and it automatically means the flag means white power.


  8. #68
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The confederate flag can be a symbol of racism and dark chapter in our history. In a civil war museum, no. But on the back of a pickup truck or a klan rally...

    The Mexican flag has no such connotation. Therefore, your comparison is a false analogy.

    When I see the confederate flag, it's sometimes followed by a nazi flag. You can't deny that is a legitimate connotation/association of the confederate flag.

    We have to live the history, but slavery and segregation are traditions we can do without.



    Yee-haw!!
    Ah, so someone in California is going to tell me what my heritage means. Listen dude, you don't know what you are talking about, BTW, those same KKK dudes also fly Old Glory, guess that would make the United States flag a symbol of racism as well by your standards huh? One more thing, the KKK was formed as an anti-catholic organization prior to adopting their hatred of all non-baptists and non-whites so maybe you'd like to learn a little more about the subject before telling me about my area of the country. What's next, you gonna tell me about the swamps 25 miles from my city? You wanna tell me about the best way to cook cajun food? Yeah, thought so.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    My son got a 3-day ISS for throwing paper airplanes in class. In comparison, theft and destruction of school property is slightly more serious.
    I would have gone to the school board to protest that. 3 days for thowing paper airplanes is excessive. The official responsible needs to be suspended for three days and then be told to dial it down or get canned.

  10. #70
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,136

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I would have gone to the school board to protest that. 3 days for thowing paper airplanes is excessive. The official responsible needs to be suspended for three days and then be told to dial it down or get canned.
    why should the teacher have to tolerate the throwing of paper airplanes in their class?
    what was excessively dialed up which needed to be dialed down, in your opinion?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •