Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 93

Thread: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

  1. #51
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    can we understand that the OP and others who are indignant about the student being punished for taking the nonrepresentative flag down would be similarly upset at a student being subject to punishment for removing a confederate flag
    What business does the confederate flag have in a school? No more than the Mexican flag. Is this just an attempt to label those against the student being punished as racist?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #52
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What business does the confederate flag have in a school? No more than the Mexican flag. Is this just an attempt to label those against the student being punished as racist?
    nope
    it is an attempt to expose the hypocrisy of those who would agree that it was OK to remove one nonrepresentative (mexican) flag but to remove the other nonrepresentative (confederate) flag was to be found wrong
    it was to illustrate -starkly - that those positions were staked out because of racism and not principle
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    The school should be sensitive to displaying the mexican flag. They should have know its not a smart thing to do. They should have avoided this type of thing by simply NOT observing a "holiday" reserved for drinking and eating mexican-type foods. But that kid should never have taken that flag.

    At the SAME time Im proud that he did take the flag and toss it in the garbage. Mexico needs to stay in mexico.
    You realize the flag was put up by the Spanish LANGUAGE club, which is made up of students who are studying SPANISH in school.

  4. #54
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I think things are a little screwy no?
    was it for cinco de mayo? is it displayed every day?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #55
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    was it for cinco de mayo? is it displayed every day?




    I dunno... If it was, it was missing the corona and lime.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #56
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    nope
    it is an attempt to expose the hypocrisy of those who would agree that it was OK to remove one nonrepresentative (mexican) flag but to remove the other nonrepresentative (confederate) flag was to be found wrong
    it was to illustrate -starkly - that those positions were staked out because of racism and not principle
    Considering schools don't typically display confederate flags your point is irrelevant. There is nothing to defend about the confederate flag being removed against school policy because it hasn't happened. So you are baiting and calling people racist, you have used the term itself and slandered people who display the confederate flag as racists, even though you don't concede that some people fly it for historical or traditional reasons.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #57
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Considering schools don't typically display confederate flags your point is irrelevant. There is nothing to defend about the confederate flag being removed against school policy because it hasn't happened. So you are baiting and calling people racist, you have used the term itself and slandered people who display the confederate flag as racists, even though you don't concede that some people fly it for historical or traditional reasons.
    you have every right to be aggravated. i used your own words to expose you. you will see them again, below
    you then defended the right of a confederate flag to to be present while simultaneously objecting to the presence of a mexican one
    your stand was without principle
    let's take another peek at it, shall we:
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Only if you can understand that the confederate flag was flown by Americans fed up with federal encroachment on state's rights, which is much more valid than another country's flag on any given day of the week. Considering a ****ing Mexican flag is given more respect than a confederate flag is very telling of the man-child mentality of those on the PC side. The Mexican flag means exactly nothing to US political history when compared to the Cofederate battle flag. Don't bother responding to this because I don't care about your opinion in light of your off topic rant.
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #58
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    can we understand that the OP and others who are indignant about the student being punished for taking the nonrepresentative flag down would be similarly upset at a student being subject to punishment for removing a confederate flag




    Hmm, well mexico is kinda invading us, so I see your point....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #59
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you have every right to be aggravated. i used your own words to expose you. you will see them again, below
    you then defended the right of a confederate flag to to be present while simultaneously objecting to the presence of a mexican one
    your stand was without principle
    let's take another peek at it, shall we:
    You really don't understand the argument do you. I will give you a personal warning right here and right now. You brought up the confederate flag in a condescending tone and put people who represent it in a false negative light, if you insinuate one more time that I'm a hypocrite or racist for answering you honestly about a piece of American history versus another country's flag and slander me I will report you for such. Either debate honestly or be silent, but I will not have my character attacked by someone who has nothing to add to this argument, this is your only warning.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

    A three day suspension was excessive. Whoever made that decision is not competant to hold their current office.

    A single day suspension is even a little much; I think what we have here is a case of a racist school administrator. Had it been the other way around I doubt there would have been such consequences.

    Honestly, I think when a school administrator behaves in such a fashion it's time for that administrator to be terminated.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •