Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 96

Thread: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

  1. #61
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,221

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post

    As I have said before, once again the corruption and criminal activity that greatly contributed to this disaster can be traced right back to good old Bush and Cheeney! Scum of the earth, the both of them.
    That's what it's really all about, ain't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Not much attention has been on the possible cause of the oil rig blast. This article sheds light on a possible cause.


    Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill - Science and Tech - The Atlantic
    Halliburton could have don everything right and the well still blow out because the BOP gave back false pressure test readings. The BOP was built correctly, but wear and malfunctions were ignored by Transocian and BP. Also, Halliburton did not want to pump out the mud before the 3rd plug was set precisely because it would pose a serious risk to the rig. BP pulled rank.

  3. #63
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Hmm - that's conflicting:



    So - which one is it - a rig workerrs *employed* by BP who mixed the cement (possibly doing it wrong) which caused the problem?

    Or Halliburton itself via it's own employees who were suppose to be trained in this area?

    If it needs to be done precisely then the people at Halliburton should handle it directly and with well trained professionals.

    But, this article doesn't point out whether it was done directly by Halliburton employees - or by BP employees who are not trained in this area.
    Likely it is a mix of Transocean having rented out a platform with faulty equipment on it.
    Haliburton for reasons mentioned and BP for bad or non existant oversight.

    BP will undoubtedly pick up the tab, thereafter they will also undoubtedly sue that other two for their misdeeds. IMO I believe that the US under the (sic leadership of obama) Government agencies were also to blame to some degree.
    Seem to be missing the YES WE CAN from his rhetoric just lately.

  4. #64
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which, "safety features", are you referring to and are they safe safety features?

    Granted, BP is ultimately responsible for all the FUBAR's, but you said in another post that BP actually owned rigs and that the BP owned rigs had more safety features.
    The rigs that BP owns all have the acousticly activated BOP feature installed. However, those rigs that BP leases, like the Deepwater Horizon, do not have that safety feature.

    And, who said that all of these safety features were on this rig?
    No one that I've ever heard. THAT is the problem.

    Again, you're speaking of that which you know nothing about. By the time the gas had reached the production string, the blowout had bypassed the BOP stack. In no way is the casing cement meant to prevent, obstruct, slow, or otherwise curtail a blowout. If the pressure took the path of least resistance, after it had blown past the BOP stack. THAT is an established fact. Welcome to the oil patch, sir.
    No sir, it is you who either doesn't know what the hell you're talking about or are intentionally ignoring the most recent reasons why this disaster happened.

    Because BP was in a hurry they were cutting corners by skipping safety features and industry approved steps. The explosion occurred because 1) BP continued on while they knew the BOP was damaged in two areas, one accidentally by their own worker, and thus failed when it needed to work. 2) BP overrode Halliburton's plan to fill the tube with mud instead they drained the mud increasing pressure on those cement plugs directly causing the oil and gas to burst up and out exploding!

    I've posted this but, you've probably ignored it because you think you know better. Read and/or listen and educate yourself.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...-disaster.html
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  5. #65
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Halliburton could have don everything right and the well still blow out because the BOP gave back false pressure test readings. The BOP was built correctly, but wear and malfunctions were ignored by Transocian and BP. Also, Halliburton did not want to pump out the mud before the 3rd plug was set precisely because it would pose a serious risk to the rig. BP pulled rank.
    And WHY did the BOP give back false reading? Could it have been because that supper duper seal was damaged, and BP knew it was damaged?

    Again, you're wrong as usual on this issue. Halliburton did not want to drain the mud because THAT is the safe way to perform that step. IT was BP who chose the unsafe route.

    Your ignorance on this issue is embarrassing. For someone who claims he loves to read techie things you're failing miserably in your obvious attempt to defend BP. Read my previous post.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    ADK_Forever is on ignore. What a crude, abrasive <insert insulting noun of choice>.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    And WHY did the BOP give back false reading? Could it have been because that supper duper seal was damaged, and BP knew it was damaged?
    That's what I just said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The BOP was built correctly, but wear and malfunctions were ignored by Transocian and BP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Again, you're wrong as usual on this issue.
    If I'm wrong, then since we just agreed, you're wrong also.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Halliburton did not want to drain the mud because THAT is the safe way to perform that step. IT was BP who chose the unsafe route.
    That's exactly what I just said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Halliburton did not want to pump out the mud before the 3rd plug was set precisely because it would pose a serious risk to the rig. BP pulled rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Your ignorance on this issue is embarrassing.
    Perhaps, but as much so as your inability to read

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    For someone who claims he loves to read techie things you're failing miserably in your obvious attempt to defend BP. Read my previous post.
    I recommend you do the same of mine.

    Here's my post again for your convenience:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Halliburton could have don everything right and the well still blow out because the BOP gave back false pressure test readings. The BOP was built correctly, but wear and malfunctions were ignored by Transocian and BP. Also, Halliburton did not want to pump out the mud before the 3rd plug was set precisely because it would pose a serious risk to the rig. BP pulled rank.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-23-10 at 12:35 PM.

  8. #68
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    SO since apparently in every crisis all roads lead back to Haliburton, does that mean we can and should also lay the blame and responsibility squarely on the doorstep of the individual presiding when Haliburton was first hired and awarded the IDIQ to provide their services for the government? Because...since Bill Clinton is already going to hell...why not add yet another notch to his gun...

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    SO since apparently in every crisis all roads lead back to Haliburton, does that mean we can and should also lay the blame and responsibility squarely on the doorstep of the individual presiding when Haliburton was first hired and awarded the IDIQ to provide their services for the government? Because...since Bill Clinton is already going to hell...why not add yet another notch to his gun...
    In this case the road does not lead back to Halliburton.

    In this case the road runs by Halliburton on the way to BP and Transocian.

  10. #70
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Halliburton Could Be at Fault for Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In this case the road does not lead back to Halliburton.

    In this case the road runs by Halliburton on the way to BP and Transocian.
    I kinda thought it would be helpful to wait til we actually have some FACTS about the cause and not some continued blowhards spouting rhetoric they have read from OTHER 'learned' blowhards...and the fact is we simply dont know yet.

    But since people want to rattle the ghost of Haliburton/Bush/Cheny 's chains, I thought it would be appropriate to remind people that it was in fact Bill Clinton that 'saddled' the US with Haliburton by awarding them an IDIQ contract to manage the rebuilding of Serbia...that country he declared an unconstitutional war on...long before Bush/Cheny

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •