Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 89

Thread: Oil Spill’s Blow to BP’s Image May Eclipse Costs

  1. #71
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Oil Spillís Blow to BPís Image May Eclipse Costs

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    Just got through talking to a good Friend, who works in the gulf, in a position to know the score. He said they knew right away the first attempt would fail. Using the wrong equipment.
    What wrong equipment? They had to make that 4 story, 100 ton cap. It sounded like a great idea. Only the icing up doomed it. Hopefully, their small "top hat" will work. I believe they'll come up with an idea to at least control the leak before they stop it.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  2. #72
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Now, according to expert analysis, the number is more likely between 58,000 to 70,000 barrels a day. So yeah, it could get up there if these experts are correct.



    How Many Days Until the BP Deepwater Horizon Becomes the World's Worst Oil Spill? : TreeHugger
    Given that the 70k claim is from one professor who's basing his estimates on a videotape of the surface, I think I'd wait before believing that graph from "treehugger.com"
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Then like I said, you collect the oil from the hemp and start selling it. If it's as profitable as you say it is, you'll become rich in no time.
    It's illegal to grow because the a lot of industries don't want to be put out of business. Or I would!

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Ok, so about the amount of pollution that we're putting out now. Cool, let's keep rockin' along!
    Our current levels are causing massive damage, we should probably back off a bit.

    I'm starting to think that misterman is back in disguise. Not making any real accusations and being able to back out of every one was his motus operendi.
    "Poisoning the well" fallacy. Fail.

    Oh, and Phat, you have to remember liberals like to complain so it looks like they care. When asked, "Ok, well then what should we do different?" they can't come up with a logical answer, if they can come up with an answer at all. It's all about "perception is reality." If they are perceived as caring through their actions, then they must care, right?
    We should reduce our dependence on oil (not just foreign oil which is a red herring) and we should be more conservation minded. There, I just disproved your premise, so don't use it again.

  5. #75
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    It's illegal to grow because the a lot of industries don't want to be put out of business. Or I would!
    See, now you're just getting into conspiracy theories. No proof? Then don't make the claim.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Oil Spillís Blow to BPís Image May Eclipse Costs

    Brings a whole new meaning to "fish oil"! Oyster now don't make any squeaking noise when they are opened. You have to eat shrimp with a fork now because you cannot hold on to them. What's that, you say you love blackened fish?! Well, c'mon down we gots millions of em'.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Oil Spillís Blow to BPís Image May Eclipse Costs

    Phattonez funny, because I thought Plastic was a polymer ( plastics) based substance.

    Polymers

  8. #78
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Oil Spillís Blow to BPís Image May Eclipse Costs

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Phattonez funny, because I thought Plastic was a polymer ( plastics) based substance.

    Polymers
    It's synthesized using oil! Don't talk chemistry with me, unfortunately for you I've actually studied the subject. Plastics are usually hydrocarbon chains, sometimes with other elements like nitrogen, oxygen, and sulfur. Ever heard of butane, octane, etc? Well, those are hydrocarbon chains.

    "For decades one of the great appeals of plastics has been their low price. Yet in recent years the cost of plastics has been rising dramatically. A major cause is the sharply rising cost of petroleum, the raw material that is chemically altered to form commercial plastics."

    Plastic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #79
    User Jail Com of 300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    08-12-10 @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    61

    Re: Oil Spillís Blow to BPís Image May Eclipse Costs




  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Yeah right! Like Exxon has paid up for their drunkerd. The tax payers will pay in the end.....and the price of fuel?.....get ready folks!!
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •