Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 89

Thread: Oil Spill’s Blow to BP’s Image May Eclipse Costs

  1. #61
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    I would be interested, if you had an answer, I'm just still waiting for it.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #62
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Uh. Do you know what the word "implicated" means?

    It's a fact, Gill; Cheney is being implicated for his role in allowing BP/Halliburton to drill without an acoustic fail-safe switch, and not by me. It's a breaking story, but hell, they've already heard about it in England...



    Maybe you should pay more attention to the news.

    Ahh, so if a lefty lawyer says so on the wacky Ed Schultz show, it must be true....

    If England thinks this untested and unproven device is so important, why don't they require it there???

    Norway required this device since 1993 according to your story. Sounds to me like its Clinton and Gore's fault for not having the devices installed.


    Maybe you should read your own links.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #63
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    It was Haliburton employees that were capping the rig when the accident happened. It is a Haliburton owned and operated rig that is leased by BP to pump up oil.

    Only thing BP is guilty off is maybe not reacting fast enough, but then again that all depends on the information BP got from the site.

    This stinks of nationalism gone mad, just as blaming the only French guy for the whole Goldman Sachs thing.
    You are wrong, Transocean owns the drilling rig, and is actually a merger of Transocean and Schlumberger's (a Haliburton competitor) offshore drilling company.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #64
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Even if it were actually to reach 25k barrels/day, the other number I've heard thrown around as a current top estimate (as opposed to a possible future number), that's a far cry from the 3-10m barrels from the largest historical oil spill.

    Edit: The times actually pointed this out a few days later:

    News Analysis - Gulf Oil Spill Is Bad, but How Bad? - NYTimes.com
    Now, according to expert analysis, the number is more likely between 58,000 to 70,000 barrels a day. So yeah, it could get up there if these experts are correct.



    http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010...ampaign=th_rss
    Last edited by Middleground; 05-15-10 at 12:18 AM.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #65
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Now, according to expert analysis, the number is more likely between 58,000 to 85,0000 barrels a day. So yeah, it could get up there if these experts are correct.
    Yup, we could have already surpassed the Valdez disaster.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Why does it matter if the BP spill is the biggest or not?

  7. #67
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Oil Spills Blow to BPs Image May Eclipse Costs

    Just got through talking to a good Friend, who works in the gulf, in a position to know the score. He said they knew right away the first attempt would fail. Using the wrong equipment.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  8. #68
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Oil Spills Blow to BPs Image May Eclipse Costs

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    Just got through talking to a good Friend, who works in the gulf, in a position to know the score. He said they knew right away the first attempt would fail. Using the wrong equipment.
    please tell me you are not full of crap.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  9. #69
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Oil Spills Blow to BPs Image May Eclipse Costs

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    Just got through talking to a good Friend, who works in the gulf, in a position to know the score. He said they knew right away the first attempt would fail. Using the wrong equipment.
    Yeah, so easy to say after the fact.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #70
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Why does it matter if the BP spill is the biggest or not?

    It really shouldn't, but it does seem that some are trying to play down the seriousness of this disaster.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •