Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 89

Thread: Oil Spill’s Blow to BP’s Image May Eclipse Costs

  1. #51
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    Golly gee, could you possibly dream up a broader question?

    I mean really.

    Ok...

    .. a broad based question deserves a broad based answer:

    The absolute minimum needed to sustain a decent lifestyle for the human race.





    ***My my, wasn't that informative?
    If you have no definite answer then I suggest that you don't complain about incidents like this and say that it was not worth it when you yourself don't know what's worth it and what isn't.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    Golly gee, could you possibly dream up a broader question?

    I mean really.

    Ok...

    .. a broad based question deserves a broad based answer:

    The absolute minimum needed to sustain a decent lifestyle for the human race.


    ***My my, wasn't that informative?

    Ok, so about the amount of pollution that we're putting out now. Cool, let's keep rockin' along!

    I'm starting to think that misterman is back in disguise. Not making any real accusations and being able to back out of every one was his motus operendi.

    Oh, and Phat, you have to remember liberals like to complain so it looks like they care. When asked, "Ok, well then what should we do different?" they can't come up with a logical answer, if they can come up with an answer at all. It's all about "perception is reality." If they are perceived as caring through their actions, then they must care, right?
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 05-13-10 at 01:45 PM.

  3. #53
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    If you have no definite answer then I suggest that you don't complain about incidents like this and say that it was not worth it when you yourself don't know what's worth it and what isn't.
    And I suggest you not think you're capable of telling me what I can and cannot comment on.

    You asked a stupid, generalized question and I gave you a stupid, generalized answer. Tit for tat. Want better answers? Ask better questions.

  4. #54
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Ok, so about the amount of pollution that we're putting out now. Cool, let's keep rockin' along!

    I'm starting to think that misterman is back in disguise. Not making any real accusations and being able to back out of every one was his motus operendi.

    Oh, and Phat, you have to remember liberals like to complain so it looks like they care. When asked, "Ok, well then what should we do different?" they can't come up with a logical answer, if they can come up with an answer at all. It's all about "perception is reality." If they are perceived as caring through their actions, then they must care, right?
    If you want to insist on playing personality games, you'll need to find someone else to do it with. I'm not interested.

  5. #55
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    What specific amount of pollution would you say is prudent for today's society?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #56
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    What specific amount of pollution would you say is prudent for today's society?
    See above.

    Asked and answered.

  7. #57
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    You haven't answered! Define a "decent lifestyle."

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #58
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    You haven't answered! Define a "decent lifestyle."
    I answered with same exact specificity that your "question" carried. Like I said above, if you want better answers, ask better questions.

    (Btw phat, I recognize bait when I see it, especially stinkbait.)

  9. #59
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    It's bait because you have no concrete answer. That's my point. That's the problem with your argument.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #60
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: BP's CEO who opposed new safety regulations: Why US?!

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    It's bait because you have no concrete answer. That's my point. That's the problem with your argument.
    No, it's bait because you aren't actually interested in an "answer."

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •