Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 107

Thread: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I have to agree with him. At some point you just run out of things to buy. Big house, fast car, private jet, young pretty wife, then what? Then you have to start getting creative. (indoor bowling alley) After you've been creative, you have to get silly. (a second private jet for when you want to fly on a BLUE plane instead of a WHITE plane) Then you have to get stupid. (third or fourth houses you never live in) Then obscene. (million dollar parties for your dog)

    Instead of the million dollar party for your dog, maybe we should use that money to pay for some road fixing or hiring some more ($)#ing air traffic controllers because the FAA is so underfunded we've got most of our controllers working overtime AND SURELY NOTHING CAN GO WRONG WITH THAT.

    Woops. Got a little off topic there.
    You see some rich bloke buying an extravagant house, I see my next costumer.

    I support keeping my costumers nice and rich so that they can turn around and give their money to me for various projects.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-14-10 at 12:55 AM.

  2. #72
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You see some rich bloke buying an extravagant house, I see my next costumer.

    I support keeping my costumers nice and rich so that they can turn around and give their money to me for various projects.
    Yeah, rich people are good customers. Never have to wait on payment and they always want a ****load of things done that aren't really that difficult.

    Only drawback is that they can also be cheap as hell.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #73
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Yeah, rich people are good customers. Never have to wait on payment and they always want a ****load of things done that aren't really that difficult.

    Only drawback is that they can also be cheap as hell.
    Rich people *are* rich *because* they're cheap and don't spend money.

    They heckle everything - even if they have a trillion in the bank, they'll still buy pineapples when they're on sale.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #74
    User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    East coast US
    Last Seen
    07-20-13 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    Way to overreact. The statement does not include a recommendation for legislation. Your billions are safe.

    Even the President has a right to opinions and you have the right to disagree. Do try to keep the reaction somewhat in line with the original statement.

  5. #75
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    Quote Originally Posted by baltbelieve View Post
    Way to overreact. The statement does not include a recommendation for legislation. Your billions are safe.

    Even the President has a right to opinions and you have the right to disagree. Do try to keep the reaction somewhat in line with the original statement.
    What a crock of ****. Of course the president has a right to his opinions, he does not have a right to judge others decisions in life, since, you know we are a society of individualism and liberty. Obama is entitled to his opinion and we are entitled to tell him it's none of his ****ing business.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #76
    Student MikeVFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    VT
    Last Seen
    01-24-12 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    276

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I have to agree with him. At some point you just run out of things to buy. Big house, fast car, private jet, young pretty wife, then what? Then you have to start getting creative. (indoor bowling alley) After you've been creative, you have to get silly. (a second private jet for when you want to fly on a BLUE plane instead of a WHITE plane) Then you have to get stupid. (third or fourth houses you never live in) Then obscene. (million dollar parties for your dog)

    Instead of the million dollar party for your dog, maybe we should use that money to pay for some road fixing or hiring some more ($)#ing air traffic controllers because the FAA is so underfunded we've got most of our controllers working overtime AND SURELY NOTHING CAN GO WRONG WITH THAT.

    Woops. Got a little off topic there.
    Too bad this is america and while you believe that you have no right to impose your opinion on their spending... yet.

  7. #77
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    "I do think at a certain point the government has taxed too much, grown too big, and spent far beyond what is necessary" People have the right to earn money and become filthy rich.

  8. #78
    User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    East coast US
    Last Seen
    07-20-13 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    I was responding to LaMidRighter by asking for a bit more reasoned approach to the issue. I suppose I do believe that one can get too rich, but that was not my point above. J.P. Morgan, hardly a fiscal liberal, recommended limits on the pay of CEO's of corporations because of the danger to a society if incomes get too far out of balance. The French Revolution did happen and is always a possibility when the poor feel their grievances outweigh the benefits of the current society. Isn't part of the anger in our current society directed at the actions of the banking and Wall Street CEO's who oversaw the financial disaster and still paid themselves bonuses?

  9. #79
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    Quote Originally Posted by baltbelieve View Post
    I was responding to LaMidRighter by asking for a bit more reasoned approach to the issue.
    There is no reasoning with people who want to impose limits on liberty and growth. It's very simple, we live in a free society, with that comes things you will disagree with, however it is not your place, my place, or any politician's place to force people into what we believe is proper, to infringe upon people based on a simple belief is tyranny and antithetical to the principles of our country. There is no reason to cooperate in tyranny.
    I suppose I do believe that one can get too rich, but that was not my point above.
    That is no one's concern but that person who has attained said success.
    J.P. Morgan, hardly a fiscal liberal, recommended limits on the pay of CEO's of corporations because of the danger to a society if incomes get too far out of balance.
    Well, considering J.P. Morgan-Chase is a huge recipient of government regulatory help.....I could care less about any philosophical musings from that group.
    The French Revolution did happen and is always a possibility when the poor feel their grievances outweigh the benefits of the current society.
    That is false, the French Revolution was against the aristocracy......the ruling class, there is no valid comparison here because the argument is for the ruling class to put a ceiling on the earnings of individual citizens.
    Isn't part of the anger in our current society directed at the actions of the banking and Wall Street CEO's who oversaw the financial disaster and still paid themselves bonuses?
    Yeah, people aren't to happy with the government officials in charge of Fannie Mae/Freddy Mac, or the signatories of the Community Reinvestment Act which is what set the conditions and requirements for that bubble to form and is directly responsible for the super high risk mortgages that were created because of those completely insane standards.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #80
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVFF View Post
    Too bad this is america and while you believe that you have no right to impose your opinion on their spending... yet.
    I never claimed a desire to do so. People can spend their money on what they want. However, they're still going to pay taxes and that's going to get spent on useful things.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •