Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 194

Thread: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I disagree.
    It is wrong...

  2. #42
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Laws that treat people differently because of skin color are simply wrong.
    So I take it you think affirmative action is wrong.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    So I take it you think affirmative action is wrong.
    Affirmative Action is to treat people as equals not diffrently.

    This is not like Affirmative Action.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    It is wrong...
    It's intelligent. Most illegals are Mexican or Latin American. A defining characteristic is their skin color. We should be checking everyone of them we can find for documentation and deport those that cannot prove legal status. It is not racism.

  5. #45
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    It's intelligent. Most illegals are Mexican or Latin American. A defining characteristic is their skin color. We should be checking everyone of them we can find for documentation and deport those that cannot prove legal status. It is not racism.
    And those that are US Citizens should have to undergo the harassment just because of their skin color?

    Not to mention all the other non-brown immigrants that get a free pass because they are "lucky" enough not to have the skin pigmentation.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #46
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    The problem is, illegal aliens from Mexico look like, well, Mexicans. I am still trying to figure out why that's whitey's fault.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #47
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    The problem is, illegal aliens from Mexico look like, well, Mexicans. I am still trying to figure out why that's whitey's fault.
    Maybe it is because you are not an American citizen that happens to look like......Mexican.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #48
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Maybe it is because you are not an American citizen that happens to look like......Mexican.
    I just wish all criminals were as easily identified.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #49
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I just wish all criminals were as easily identified.
    You've just identified the problem with this type of law.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And those that are US Citizens should have to undergo the harassment just because of their skin color?

    Not to mention all the other non-brown immigrants that get a free pass because they are "lucky" enough not to have the skin pigmentation.
    It is not harassment to prove your legal status.

    When someone commits a crime, they should also be checked for immigration status, whatever their color. If Boston has a bad Irish immigration problem, then check people that look Irish.

    The VAST majority of illegal aliens are Mexican and we ought to focus our resources on that problem.
    Last edited by reefedjib; 04-28-10 at 08:59 PM.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •