Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 194

Thread: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

  1. #121
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And when the Supreme Court does....I suspect that all we will hear from partisans such as you is how the "activist" court thwarted the will of the people..... You guys are way too predictable.
    I have never called the SCOTUS and actvist court.........I am sure you have by all the decisions you have been losing lately..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #122
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You have to understand that DD is the biggest Liberal and Obama lover in DP and he knows how important the Hispanic vote is even if it tramples over the rights of legal aliens and other Americans who entered this country legally......The only important thing to him is Hussein Obama gets reelected......
    That's a stretch. Who is trampling over the "rights of legal aliens and other Americans who entered this country legally". That should be an interesting explanation, I'll wait for.......

    Thank you though for your description of me. I don't think that I am the biggest Liberal here, but its an honor and I'll accept your commendation...even if there are others out there more deserving.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #123
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I have never called the SCOTUS and actvist court.........I am sure you have by all the decisions you have been losing lately..........
    I'm sure you will....as soon as they start to make rulings that you disagree with....just par for the course.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #124
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Why is it racial discrimination? You aren't losing privileges by being checked.
    You are losing the privilege of not being harassed and detained because of the color of your skin. I count that as pretty important.
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    You are losing the privilege of not being harassed and detained because of the color of your skin. I count that as pretty important.
    You are being neither harassed or detained. You are simply showing your proof of residency by showing your drivers license.

    The question remains: is racial profiling racism? It is not.

  6. #126
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    So...you are suggesting that we do the GWB and lower ourselves to the standards and morals to become like those we disagree with?
    I think it's the supporters of illegal aliens that are doing that.

    As I said before in my post. Some folks want to disregard our laws just like the folks do in Mexico.

    I love Mexico. It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't wanna live there. And I don't really want to see the US becoming like the lawless Mexico. Especially not for the sake of touchy-feely political correctness.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I think it's the supporters of illegal aliens that are doing that.

    As I said before in my post. Some folks want to disregard our laws just like the folks do in Mexico.

    I love Mexico. It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't wanna live there. And I don't really want to see the US becoming like the lawless Mexico. Especially not for the sake of touchy-feely political correctness.
    All for upholding the law. Not so much for citizens having to carry around "papers."

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    I'm totally in favor of having police verify the legal residence status of everyone they stop, without exception, similar to airport security checking everyone for weapons.

    I'm opposed to randomly stopping people who look Mexican. That would really infuriate me if I looked that way.

    There seems to be some confusion as to the extent of this law in allowing that. Another concern I would have is that illegals would be afraid to enlist the services of law enforcement because their papers would be, then, checked. I'm thinking of spousal abuse, child abuse, etc. No one will want to call the cops and that might leave the weak undefended.

  9. #129
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    I'm totally in favor of having police verify the legal residence status of everyone they stop, without exception, similar to airport security checking everyone for weapons.

    I'm opposed to randomly stopping people who look Mexican. That would really infuriate me if I looked that way.

    There seems to be some confusion as to the extent of this law in allowing that. Another concern I would have is that illegals would be afraid to enlist the services of law enforcement because their papers would be, then, checked. I'm thinking of spousal abuse, child abuse, etc. No one will want to call the cops and that might leave the weak undefended.
    You realize that if they did what you suggested, practically every person pulled over for speeding would be hauled down to the station because almost nobody carries their passport around just for kicks.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    If I were Mexican and a citizen I would have no problem in carrying my papers around with me if it helps to solve the problem of illegal aliens.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •