Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 194

Thread: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

  1. #101
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's incorrect. The Arizona law allows them to stop any brown person if they have "reasonable suspicion" that they are undocumented. That's the problem. What possibly could be the "reasonable suspicion" other than race?
    Think about it.
    The Governor of Arizona was just on Fox and in that state that is the law..........I don't know about California....Its so ****ed up...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry..but you are wrong. DUI checkpoints have been challenged numerous times and have been found to be unconstitutional in some instances and not in others. Essentially the law has been carved out by the court rulings such that if the checkpoint slows the flow of traffic and the cop merely inquires whether the individual has been drinking, amounting to an inquiry of a few seconds, no detention has occurred. The cases that were ruled unconstitutional were were the police had drivers perform random FST's or asked for driver's licenses which were then run through data banks to search for warrants. Those cases were held to be detentions.

    Its pretty clear that you don't know what you are talking about and are the one who is not up to the task.
    Got another poor analogy to argue?
    You got a link describing that they cannot ask for your drivers license at a DUI checkpoint?

    You still have not explained why racial profiling is racist. Instead you are defensive and abusive. Not a good debating strategy.

  3. #103
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its boggles the mind that you on the left would sell your sould for the Hispanic vote....Illegals are killing people in this country............

    It has nothing to do with "Selling souls for votes". I agree that "REAL" immigration reform is necessary. But this silly law was ill conceived, not thought out...and does nothing other than appeal to the passions of those who want to get riled up over illegal immigration. THAT is the problem with legislators who are not intelligent enough to write a good bill....but love to political grandstand.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #104
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    [QUOTE=disneydude;1058717912]That's incorrect. The Arizona law allows them to stop any brown person if they have "reasonable suspicion" that they are undocumented. That's the problem. What possibly could be the "reasonable suspicion" other than race?
    Think about it.

    And BTW Navy...I'm sure you love the part of the bill that allows any joe plumber to file a lawsuit if they think the police aren't enforcing the law. Gonna make a lot of sue-happy plaintiffs and money grubbing lawyers happy in Arizona.......lets hear what you have to say about that.....too.[/QUOTE]

    **** we already got that........I want the crime committed by Illegals stopped........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #105
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The Governor of Arizona was just on Fox and in that state that is the law..........I don't know about California....Its so ****ed up...........
    Well....that's wrong. Either you heard it wrong or the Governor has their facts wrong. Then again...it was on FOX, so I wouldn't be shocked if they were also giving you bad facts.
    Look at the law for yourself. Probable cause is not required.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #106
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It has nothing to do with "Selling souls for votes". I agree that "REAL" immigration reform is necessary. But this silly law was ill conceived, not thought out...and does nothing other than appeal to the passions of those who want to get riled up over illegal immigration. THAT is the problem with legislators who are not intelligent enough to write a good bill....but love to political grandstand.
    Whatever it takes to get illegals out I am for........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #107
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    You got a link describing that they cannot ask for your drivers license at a DUI checkpoint?

    You still have not explained why racial profiling is racist. Instead you are defensive and abusive. Not a good debating strategy.
    I'm not going to go link hunting to educate you. Educate yourself. Or call a DUI lawyer, they can explain it to you. The facts are the facts....they are out there if you wanna take a few minutes to educate yourself.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #108
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Well....that's wrong. Either you heard it wrong or the Governor has their facts wrong. Then again...it was on FOX, so I wouldn't be shocked if they were also giving you bad facts.
    Look at the law for yourself. Probable cause is not required.
    It is pretty simple.....She said you have to have probable cause........No way to misunderstand that DD.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #109
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Whatever it takes to get illegals out I am for........
    Even if tramples on the Constitutional rights of law abiding Americans?

    That is sad.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'm not going to go link hunting to educate you. Educate yourself. Or call a DUI lawyer, they can explain it to you. The facts are the facts....they are out there if you wanna take a few minutes to educate yourself.
    You made the claim. Back it up.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •