Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 170

Thread: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

  1. #151
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Goldenboy219;1058731847]It is intellectually dishonest for you to label or accuse me of anything negative in regards to my character or success, given the history of my statements in this thread. When i say you are expressing ignorance, senile tendencies or even question your ability, it is because you commonly mis-organize data, claim opinion as fact, or totally disregard important points pertaining to the subject matter. Providing raw data, and completely taking it out of context to fit some sort of political fantasia is not the work of an honest debater. Because you attack me and my sources while totally disregarding my argument, i have no desire to continue in this discussion.
    Since what you post here is mostly your opinion or the opinion of others which are very subjective, I posted mine and stand by it until proven wrong. What have you contributed to society lately?

    Your argument is based upon an ideology that is a failure. When you post Krugman as a source and ignore his vision as to the role of govt. you ignore that his opinion is biased towards an ideology. I posted BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and U.S. Treasury which reports actual data. I interpreted that data which at the time was in real dollars for the time and thus not subject to your claims of inflation or based upon the value of the dollar today.

    I reported the link to actual data, it cannot be taken out of context because it is right there in black and white. I stand by my statement that after EVERY income tax rate cut in U.S. History govt. revenue grew, GDP grew, jobs were created. Based upon that reality it is impossible for tax rate cuts that grew govt. revenue to cause the deficits you want to blame on those tax rate cuts.

    For the record, inflation based growth is not real, and does not improve the standard of living within any country it accompanies. Inflation is a necessary evil we are forced to live with if we as a country aspire any economic growth, but only to a point. Too much or too little can diminish real growth, and therefore we must take into consideration the difference between nominal and real growth. Failure to do so instantaneously reduces your argument to jack ****. Now be a man and admit your error; after all it is the decent thing to do.
    Since inflation was higher during the Carter years and the first two years of the Reagan Administration prior to the Reagan tax cuts, your point is moot. there was real economic growth, real job creation, real take home pay increases and that spirred the economy and had nothing to do with the deficits created which are always do to spending. And we all know who authorizes the spending, don't we?

    The only economic policy that makes any sense is supply side, not what your economists are reporting. Theirs is biased and pointed towards a failed ideology. Personal behavior is never considered. In their world tax cuts mean deficits because they ignore the affects of tax cuts on creating new taxpayers. If the taxpayer base stays the same and taxes are cut, revenue to the govt. would drop. Obviously that didn't happen during either the Reagan or Bush years.

    Now as for the improper posting of the charts, I quite frankly haven't reviewed what I posted because I also posted the links. Since I don't know how to insert an excel chart into a post, I copied the information over from the link. If I made a mistake that mistake would have been reflected in the link, a link which showed exactly what I was saying, tax cuts grew AFTER the Reagan and Bush tax rate cuts.

    Emphasis on what I copied and if that was right or wrong is really irrelevant when the link was provided. You want me to apologize, ok, if I copied the information incorrectly I apologize. I stand by the statement however that I made regarding tax cuts and individual behavior.

    Now if you want to carry this further then you need to open your mind to real world activities and personal behavior. it isn't a black or white issue and economic analysis on the part of any economist is subjective. What isn't subjective is the actual data posted on BEA.gov, bls.govt, and the U.S. Treasury Department.

  2. #152
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The garbage that ignores Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as well as the real fraud in this country which is a 3.8 trillion dollar govt. and growing. We have a govt. today that will add 3 trillion dollars to the debt in two years yet is more worried about attacking private industry. That is what this Administration does, attack private business and expands the role of govt.
    please be specific. which parts of the bill are garbage?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #153
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    please be specific. which parts of the bill are garbage?
    The omission of Freddie and Fannie from the bill make it garbage. In addition i don't believe a govt. that cannot control its own financial house should be involved in trying to manage the private sector. All this is a further diversion from the mess our govt. is in and selecting a villian to divert attention from the mismanagement of our country's finances.

  4. #154
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The omission of Freddie and Fannie from the bill make it garbage. In addition i don't believe a govt. that cannot control its own financial house should be involved in trying to manage the private sector. All this is a further diversion from the mess our govt. is in and selecting a villian to divert attention from the mismanagement of our country's finances.
    so, you've got nothing. thanks.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-19-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    496

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    so, you've got nothing. thanks.
    No, troll, he definitely gave you something - you just don't know how to debate it. That's nobody's fault but your own...

  6. #156
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    so, you've got nothing. thanks.
    now that is funny, only in the liberal world can the financial institutions that led to the financial meltdown be left out of any financial reform bill and that be called having nothing. Do you realize how dumb that sounds and makes you look?

  7. #157
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    do you really have a clue what caused the financial meltdown? or are you parroting right wing talking points?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #158
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    do you really have a clue what caused the financial meltdown? or are you parroting right wing talking points?
    Since obviously you don't think I know, why don't you tell me?

    Apparently the sub prime mortage crisis had no affect according to your insinuations. Bundled mortgage derivatives based upon worthless mortgages again had nothing to do with this either, right?

    What exactly is the leftwing telling you caused the financial meltdown, evil Wall Street bonuses?

  9. #159
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since obviously you don't think I know, why don't you tell me?

    Apparently the sub prime mortage crisis had no affect according to your insinuations. Bundled mortgage derivatives based upon worthless mortgages again had nothing to do with this either, right?

    What exactly is the leftwing telling you caused the financial meltdown, evil Wall Street bonuses?
    and derivatives are exactly what is being targeted in this bill. my institution didn't make sub prime loans, as many banks didn't.

    of course the sub prime mortgages had some effect. however, no one forced any institution to make those loans, despite what you might believe.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-19-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    496

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    do you really have a clue what caused the financial meltdown?
    I do, but you obviously don't, since you think Fannie and Freddie had nothing to do with it. Please take your lame trolling elsewhere. You have nothing to contribute.

    or are you parroting right wing talking points?
    Right wing talking point!? I don't know anybody who thinks Fannie and Freddie's bundling of mortgage derivatives is a right wing talking point. You're in your own universe right now...

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •