Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 170

Thread: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

  1. #141
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Dude, you cannot even post the numbers with accuracy, as the dates and the numbers do not match. Not only that, take a peek at your time series; it states 2009 & 2010, not 2003-2008.

    Actual numbers you wanted to post:

    2003: 2,047.9
    2004: 2,213.2
    2005: 2,546.8
    2006: 2,807.4
    2007: 2,960.6
    2008: 2,758.0
    2009: 2,428.2

    Also, here is the correct link to the data set: source

    Yet i will use your ridiculus argument against you: Due to the Clinton tax increases, the US experienced great GDP growth and it increased government revenue. The data @ bea.gov cannot be denied, as it reads....

    Tax Reciepts:

    1992: 1,239.7
    1993: 1,317.8
    1994: 1,425.6
    1995: 1,516.7
    1996: 1,641.5
    1997: 1,780.0
    1998: 1,910.8
    1999: 2,035.8
    2000: 2,202.8

    Which is undeniable proof (according to the "Conservative" scientific approach) that Clinton's tax policy raised government revenues. Don't worry, i didn't make a major mistake in posting the numbers. Everything aligns as it should.

    Oh guess what? My source represents the actual data set presented

    First of the topic isn't Bill Clinton, the topic is the benefits of the tax cuts. If you want to talk about Clinton I will be happy to join in that discussion as well. What happened in 1994 after the Clinton tax increases? Right, the GOP Took over Congress and repealed many of those increases thus stimulating the economy. You did forget who controlled the Congress, right? Do you understand how spending occurs, who authorizes it?

    Your so called indeniable truth is just like the rest of your posts, elitist, arrogant, and totally void of logic and common sense. Tax revenue increased AFTER tax rate cuts as did GDP and job growth. Explain why?

    Again, you do what most young ideologues do, divert from anything that refutes your personal opinions or those elite economist posts who for some reason you buy.

    What is Krugman's vision as to the role of the Govt?

    Why did GDP and tax revenue double AFTER the Reagan Tax cuts and grow after the Bush tax rate cuts?

    What do you do when you get to keep more of your money?

  2. #142
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    You can repeat the same set of sentences until you are blue in the face, it does not make you correct. Show any type of statistical or econometric causality, or admit your error.

    I am curious as to why you have yet to respond to your inability to post data with the corresponding dates, and then expect us to take your opinion with anything but a grain of salt. If a person is having issues organizing the data, i have little faith in their ability to analyze it with any relevance.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #143
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    You can repeat the same set of sentences until you are blue in the face, it does not make you correct. Show any type of statistical or econometric causality, or admit your error.

    I am curious as to why you have yet to respond to your inability to post data with the corresponding dates, and then expect us to take your opinion with anything but a grain of salt. If a person is having issues organizing the data, i have little faith in their ability to analyze it with any relevance.
    I gave you the link which shows that tax revenue grew AFTER the rate cuts and it is the links that provide the data. I am still waiting for an explanation as to how that happened? You want to blame the deficits on tax rate cuts yet govt. revenue grew. How can deficits be caused by an increase in tax revenue?

  4. #144
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    We have already talked about inflation and the steady state. Now, it is your turn to clarify why i should take your simpleton analysis as anything other than partisan hackery. Given you could not even organize the data correctly, i doubt you have the ability to make sound judgment.

    Is this the type of sound organizational skill demanded from executives of $200 million companies?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #145
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    We have already talked about inflation and the steady state. Now, it is your turn to clarify why i should take your simpleton analysis as anything other than partisan hackery. Given you could not even organize the data correctly, i doubt you have the ability to make sound judgment.

    Is this the type of sound organizational skill demanded from executives of $200 million companies?
    What inflation? If there was inflation the interest rates would have been much higher during that period of time.

    From what I see of you, you never will have the opportunity to run any business as you don't understand human behavior, have any logic or common sense, and buy what you are told by ideologues.

    Don't you have classes today?

  6. #146
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Still unwilling to admit you lack basic organizational skills? This is the first step in any sort of data analysis.

    BTW, inflation was an issue in the early '80's.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #147
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Still unwilling to admit you lack basic organizational skills? This is the first step in any sort of data analysis.

    BTW, inflation was an issue in the early '80's.
    Like a typical liberal you are more interested in having your ego fueled than admitting that the link showed revenue growing after the tax cuts, GDP growing after the tax cuts, and jobs being created after the tax cuts along with low or zero inflation.

    Yes, Inflation was a problem in the early 80's. The Reagan tax cuts were signed in the fall of 1981 and went into effect in 1982. What happened to inflation after those tax cuts went into effect?

  8. #148
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    To find real growth, here is what you do:

    1.) locate 1990 chain weight gdp deflator; then write it down.

    2.) locate 1980 chain weight gdp deflator; then write it down.

    3.) divide the 1990 deflator by the 1980 deflator to get the price ratio.

    4.) multiply the 1980 nominal gdp by the price ratio aquired from #3.

    What you should come out with is the GDP in 1980 in 1990 dollar terms. Then, divide the chain weighted gdp by the 1990 nominal gdp, and subtract your answer from 1. This will give us the non inflationary GDP growth from the period of 1980 to 1990.

    Then post the result
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #149
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    To find real growth, here is what you do:

    1.) locate 1990 chain weight gdp deflator; then write it down.

    2.) locate 1980 chain weight gdp deflator; then write it down.

    3.) divide the 1990 deflator by the 1980 deflator to get the price ratio.

    4.) multiply the 1980 nominal gdp by the price ratio aquired from #3.

    What you should come out with is the GDP in 1980 in 1990 dollar terms. Then, divide the chain weighted gdp by the 1990 nominal gdp, and subtract your answer from 1. This will give us the non inflationary GDP growth from the period of 1980 to 1990.

    Then post the result
    Oh, Good Lord, do you think the American people and consumer give a damn about chain weight gdp deflator or your book smart rhetoric? I know I couldn't care less because we didn't live during the 80's with 90's value of the dollar. your opinions and the use of a GDP deflator are purely subjective and serve little purpose as they do not recognize conditions at the time but instead try to put past economic procedures into the present day numbers. People living and working during the 80's, which you weren't one, benefited greatly from the Reagan tax rate cuts and spent their money, saved, their money, paid down debt, or invested it, all helped the economy and helped themselves become less dependent on the govt. All that activity created almost 20 million new jobs and thus new taxpayers which offset any tax reduction. people with more income need less of that so called govt. help.

    You simply are just too naive for real world logic, common sense, and personal behavior. Get your nose out of the books and deal with real people and real personal finance issues. Generate some value for the country for a change.

  10. #150
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Financial Reform Talks Near Collapse, Some GOPers Threaten To Defect

    It is intellectually dishonest for you to label or accuse me of anything negative in regards to my character or success, given the history of my statements in this thread. When i say you are expressing ignorance, senile tendencies or even question your ability, it is because you commonly mis-organize data, claim opinion as fact, or totally disregard important points pertaining to the subject matter. Providing raw data, and completely taking it out of context to fit some sort of political fantasia is not the work of an honest debater. Because you attack me and my sources while totally disregarding my argument, i have no desire to continue in this discussion.

    For the record, inflation based growth is not real, and does not improve the standard of living within any country it accompanies. Inflation is a necessary evil we are forced to live with if we as a country aspire any economic growth, but only to a point. Too much or too little can diminish real growth, and therefore we must take into consideration the difference between nominal and real growth. Failure to do so instantaneously reduces your argument to jack ****. Now be a man and admit your error; after all it is the decent thing to do.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •