Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 194

Thread: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

  1. #81
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Actually, I'm gonna have to agree with the Good Rev and his ilk on this one. I was still on active duty when the USS Stark and the two U.S. Embasses were hit. I can tell you onboard my ship, the USS AMERICAN (CV66) (Decommissioned), the entire crew was outraged that only a missile strike was ultimately called especially when the Stark was bombed. I remember many of us in Intell and Combat Ops reading classified messages that essentially detailing how terrorist regimes where beginning to become more emboldened even then, but neither the Clinton Administration nor the Bush-43 Administration did anything significant about it until after 9/11. And then to read the 9/11 Commission Report where DoD and CIA officials argued over who would pay for predetor drone strikes or were more concerned over civilian collateral damange or politican standing when we had the enemy clearly in our sights on atleast four separate occasions! Oh, yeah! On this one, I side with the other guys. We could have did alot more to prevent 9/11 long ago, but we didn't.
    That does not make someone responsible for the actions of a madman. Only the madman is responsible for his actions.

  2. #82
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    That does not make someone responsible for the actions of a madman. Only the madman is responsible for his actions.



    Will Munny: Who's the fellow owns this ****hole?
    [pause]
    Will Munny: You, fat man. Speak up.
    Skinny Dubois: Uh, I... I own this establishment. I bought the place from Greeley for a thousand dollars.
    [Will levels the shotgun, and speaks to someone standing behind Skinny]
    Will Munny: You better clear outta there.
    Man: Yes, sir.
    [scampers out of the way]
    Little Bill Daggett: Just hold it right there. Hold it...!
    [Will shoots Skinny. Screaming, the women scatter upstairs]
    Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!
    Will Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.





    Our actions, inactions have consequences, while its nice to say "don't blame the vitctim" all to often in this world "victims" do some pretty stupid things that get themselves in trouble. It's a sad reality.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #83
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Will Munny: Who's the fellow owns this ****hole?
    [pause]
    Will Munny: You, fat man. Speak up.
    Skinny Dubois: Uh, I... I own this establishment. I bought the place from Greeley for a thousand dollars.
    [Will levels the shotgun, and speaks to someone standing behind Skinny]
    Will Munny: You better clear outta there.
    Man: Yes, sir.
    [scampers out of the way]
    Little Bill Daggett: Just hold it right there. Hold it...!
    [Will shoots Skinny. Screaming, the women scatter upstairs]
    Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!
    Will Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.





    Our actions, inactions have consequences, while its nice to say "don't blame the vitctim" all to often in this world "victims" do some pretty stupid things that get themselves in trouble. It's a sad reality.
    No one makes anyone do anything. The only person responsible for our actions is us.

    I don't give a flying **** if a president said, "Come on you scum bag ****wad AQ. Come and show us what you've got. I double dog dare you." The only person responsible for what AQ does in return is AQ.

  4. #84
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    No one makes anyone do anything. The only person responsible for our actions is us.

    I don't give a flying **** if a president said, "Come on you scum bag ****wad AQ. Come and show us what you've got. I double dog dare you." The only person responsible for what AQ does in return is AQ.



    Sure, but that doesn't matter to those who get killed in retaliation in your scenario.


    No we don't blame rape victims, but if you saunter down a dark alley somewhere highly seedy, acting all drunk in a wicked weasle bikini, no you are not to blame, but you are a dumbass who made some very very poor choices. Choices she must be responsible for if she is going to learn from thier mistake.


    Who's the "victim" here any way? Clinton? or the US?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #85
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Sure, but that doesn't matter to those who get killed in retaliation in your scenario.


    No we don't blame rape victims, but if you saunter down a dark alley somewhere highly seedy, acting all drunk in a wicked weasle bikini, no you are not to blame, but you are a dumbass who made some very very poor choices. Choices she must be responsible for if she is going to learn from thier mistake.


    Who's the "victim" here any way? Clinton? or the US?
    People all over the world are victims of AQ.

  6. #86
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    People all over the world are victims of AQ.



    And if we had acted instead of lobbing a cruise missile or two?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #87
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    And if we had acted instead of lobbing a cruise missile or two?
    I imagine they would still be. Possibly even more, who knows? You can only speculate about the results of actions that did not take place. A more deadly retaliation from us could provoke more people to join his cause, making his army grow in numbers and resolve. Who knows? What they did in retaliation would still be their responsibility though.

    What we do know is what DID happen. And what DID happen is no one's fault but AQ.

  8. #88
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I imagine they would still be. Possibly even more, who knows? You can only speculate about the results of actions that did not take place. A more deadly retaliation from us could provoke more people to join his cause, making his army grow in numbers and resolve. Who knows? What they did in retaliation would still be their responsibility though.

    What we do know is what DID happen. And what DID happen is no one's fault but AQ.



    I disagree, it was the fault of at least 3 administrations and thier failure to recognize a gathering threat.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #89
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    And if we had acted instead of lobbing a cruise missile or two?
    What exactly should we have done? What target(s), what action?

  10. #90
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    What exactly should we have done? What target(s), what action?



    The "What if" game is pointless and ads nothing to the conversation. The topic is how our lack of doing anything significant emboldened this enemy.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •