Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 194

Thread: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You know what. Your strawman has failed.


    I also quote this guy as well.. Used to start threads to discuss.

    The Future of Terrorism: What al-Qaida Really Wants - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International




    See when the enemy tells you something, you should listen. What would his motivation be for lying in this case?
    Some one else who is not entirely credible based on the story you link.

    Nevertheless, there is no way the scenario he depicts can be seen as a plan which al-Qaida can follow step by step. The terrorist network just doesn't work like that anymore. The significance of the central leadership has diminished and its direct commands have lost a great deal of importance. The supposed master plan for the years 2000 to 2020 reads in parts more like a group of ideas cobbled together in retrospect, than something planned and presented in advance. And not to mention the terrorist agenda is simply unworkable: the idea that al-Qaida could set up a caliphate in the entire Islamic world is absurd. The 20-year plan is based mainly on religious ideas. It hardly has anything to do with reality -- especially phases four to seven.
    Now, why should we take the word of this terrorist? You have given no reason at all why he is credible. I mean yes, you love his message, but why is it credible. You have not answered that, at all.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Some one else who is not entirely credible based on the story you link.



    Now, why should we take the word of this terrorist? You have given no reason at all why he is credible. I mean yes, you love his message, but why is it credible. You have not answered that, at all.



    Ok, sure your soooo right. Bin laden knew we would start 2 huge wars, and all this.


    It's irrelevant actually. But even without this terrorists commentary, it's common sense, that Bin Laden would not have an idea of what our attacks were, and if he was performing attacks and not impressed by our responses by calling us a paper tiger (which he has), why would he think our response would be any different?


    Is this guy credible? Who knows. It makes sense though, and should be discussed without the nonsense you started.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #43
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    The Facts About Clinton and Terrorism - Byron York - National Review Online

    Maybe because he treated everything like law enforcement? Or maybe because his general foreign policies were total screwups? Maybe that's why Republicans didn't support them. How many times did he talk big and act little?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #44
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Ok, sure your soooo right. Bin laden knew we would start 2 huge wars, and all this.


    It's irrelevant actually. But even without this terrorists commentary, it's common sense, that Bin Laden would not have an idea of what our attacks were, and if he was performing attacks and not impressed by our responses by calling us a paper tiger (which he has), why would he think our response would be any different?


    Is this guy credible? Who knows. It makes sense though, and should be discussed without the nonsense you started.
    Osama bin Laden did not know or understand George W Bush. He did not know that Bush meant what he said, that the tough talk also walked.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #45
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Osama bin Laden did not know or understand George W Bush. He did not know that Bush meant what he said, that the tough talk also walked.



    I don't think Bush had a clue on sept 10th.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Osama bin Laden did not know or understand George W Bush. He did not know that Bush meant what he said, that the tough talk also walked.
    That is not what the guy Rev quoted said though:

    Zawahiri laughed when he warned those at the 2000 meeting that the U.S. response would be swift, hard and long, Benotman says.
    Before Bush was even elected, this guy claims he said the US would respond. Funny how Rev did not comment on that part....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #47
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not what the guy Rev quoted said though:



    Before Bush was even elected, this guy claims he said the US would respond. Funny how Rev did not comment on that part....



    actually I did, I laughed when Spud made a joke about it.



    but to your idiotic point.


    What he was saying was that even clinton would have responded with a much heavier hand if he carried out 911. I agree. Now what?


    That's not the point. the point is he was saying that the previous inactions emboldened him towards the 911 plan.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 04-27-10 at 01:04 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #48
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not what the guy Rev quoted said though:



    Before Bush was even elected, this guy claims he said the US would respond. Funny how Rev did not comment on that part....
    Benotman seemed to understand perfectly for some reason.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So as we can see, Inaction by the Clinton administration fueled the confidence of Osama and AQ. This is not actually news to some of us. We often state that one needs to respond harshly to these attacks....


    Appeasment and timidness, led directly to the 911 attacks.
    What do you mean inaction by Clinton? He bombed a lot of ****, just in a different part of the globe. We're almost always bombing someone.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #50
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Bin Laden had 'no clue' about Sept. 11 retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What do you mean inaction by Clinton? He bombed a lot of ****, just in a different part of the globe. We're almost always bombing someone.




    an aspirin factory here, a few impotent cruise missile volley's there. Basically, so the navy didn't feel so useless.


    Seriously though, according to the article in question, OBL was wholey unimpressed with our responses.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •