Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

  1. #31
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    No biggie. All we need is an appropriate place for them. I suggest San Jacinto, where we can then do an historical reenactment.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #32
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I'm sure illegals cost us, but there's a long list of debunked viral emails like this one on Snopes.com and many other fact checking sites. I'm not going to just take a bunch of numbers thrown out on the internet with absolutely no sources listed as true. Nobody should.
    Might check here:

    The Details

    For those who want more, we take on each of the e-mail’s claims in order:

    1. "$11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year."

    This item is completely false. The link given to "verify" the claim actually leads to an issue brief by the conservative Federation for American Immigration Reform. But the FAIR brief says nothing of the sort. It says: "Each year, state governments spend an estimated $11 billion to $22 billion to provide welfare to immigrants." That’s welfare payments in 2001 to all immigrants – both legal and illegal – plus households including U.S. citizens if they are headed by a person who was born outside the United States.

    The site says the FAIR report was last updated in October 2002, but a footnote credits this statistic to a March 2003 report from the Center for Immigration Studies. CIS began as an off-shoot of FAIR. But the CIS report doesn’t actually say anything about $11 billion or $22 billion. And it explains that its references to "immigrant households" include persons here legally and persons born outside the U.S.

    Cost of Illegal Immigrants | FactCheck.org

    False information dies hard. It is very difficult to convince someone of something they think they already know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #33
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who are the nutters with the commie pig Obama signs and the Socialism signs? Not to mention the Obama Nazi stuff?

    Well, according to pelosi "dissenting is the highest form of patriotism" so......I'm guessing those are patriots.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  4. #34
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Might check here:

    The Details

    For those who want more, we take on each of the e-mail’s claims in order:

    1. "$11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year."

    This item is completely false. The link given to "verify" the claim actually leads to an issue brief by the conservative Federation for American Immigration Reform. But the FAIR brief says nothing of the sort. It says: "Each year, state governments spend an estimated $11 billion to $22 billion to provide welfare to immigrants." That’s welfare payments in 2001 to all immigrants – both legal and illegal – plus households including U.S. citizens if they are headed by a person who was born outside the United States.

    The site says the FAIR report was last updated in October 2002, but a footnote credits this statistic to a March 2003 report from the Center for Immigration Studies. CIS began as an off-shoot of FAIR. But the CIS report doesn’t actually say anything about $11 billion or $22 billion. And it explains that its references to "immigrant households" include persons here legally and persons born outside the U.S.

    Cost of Illegal Immigrants | FactCheck.org

    False information dies hard. It is very difficult to convince someone of something they think they already know.
    fact check seems to have shot down the figures of 11 and 12 billion but have not produced figures of their own. I don't see the point of using this organization to refute....anything.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  5. #35
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    fact check seems to have shot down the figures of 11 and 12 billion but have not produced figures of their own. I don't see the point of using this organization to refute....anything.
    You're not serious, are you?

    Do you know what "refute" means?

  6. #36
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't disagree. That has nothing to do with the video that starts this thread, but illegal is illegal. I do however doubt either party will really tackle this no matter what bill you pass.
    Which of course is why Arizona has passed this law, and why a lot of other States will follow suit.

    Edit: Oregon has already made a start in that direction....... it now takes a birth certificate, and proof of citizenship to get a drivers license or to renew a license.
    Last edited by Crunch; 04-26-10 at 05:38 PM.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    fact check seems to have shot down the figures of 11 and 12 billion but have not produced figures of their own. I don't see the point of using this organization to refute....anything.
    I'm sure you don't. But that doesn't make it any less valid. Perhaps you can show them wrong?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Well, according to pelosi "dissenting is the highest form of patriotism" so......I'm guessing those are patriots.
    Nothing wrong with dissenting. A lot wrong with being nutter. Know the difference.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #39
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    Things must have changed in the Latino community. Back in the '80s, the illegal Mexicans and the Mexican-Americans (Chicanos) did not like each other. The obvious reason was that the illegals took away American jobs.

    What happened to affect the change of attitudes?
    From what I've seen and been told by the legal Mexicans I know and work with, this is still pretty much the case. I suspect they are being used as pawns to influence public opinion.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #40
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall

    Look whether they cost 11 billion or 5 billion or 20 billion.... they shouldnt be costing US ANYTHING!

    They are draining our system and they need to be gone.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •