Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 116

Thread: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

  1. #41
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Whew. What a relief. And we all know that politicians can be taken 100% at their word.
    As usual, you simply dismiss any evidence that is inconvenient to you as lies.

    If Obama had come out in support of the Fairness Doctrine, you'd probably believe him.

    When and if Obama ever actually tries to impose the Fairness Doctrine, you let us know. Until then, he hasn't, and has said he won't, and that's all the evidence we have. And it totally pwns you. And you can't admit it.

  2. #42
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman
    As usual, you simply dismiss any evidence that is inconvenient to you as lies.
    Well, there's a bevy of politicians who have said one thing and done another, Obama included. You want links or will you dismiss the evidence already piling up?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman
    If Obama had come out in support of the Fairness Doctrine, you'd probably believe him.
    Nicely created strawman, but you don't know me nor what I would do.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman
    When and if Obama ever actually tries to impose the Fairness Doctrine, you let us know. Until then, he hasn't, and has said he won't, and that's all the evidence we have. And it totally pwns you. And you can't admit it.
    Yes proving a negative is such pwnage!

    Go back to your crystal ball and kool-aid party misterman. You're views have zero credibility and are losing more every day. Not everyone wants to play "hope and change" patty cake shill games disguised as "substantive" discussion. You want to take politicians at their word... go for it.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #43
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    Do you have any substance to add to this or are you done?

    Obama has stated he doesn't support the Fairness Doctrine and hasn't tried to impose it. I posted a link to a news source (one trusted by rightwingers) quoting the White House as saying so.

    Until something changes, that's the way it is. The case that Obama supports the Fairness Doctrine loses, bigtime. It's a joke. And it's pathetic to simply say it's a lie or attack the poster.
    Last edited by misterman; 04-23-10 at 10:00 AM.

  4. #44
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Do you have any substance to add to this or are you done?

    Obama has stated he doesn't support the Fairness Doctrine and hasn't tried to impose it.

    Until something changes, that's the way it is. The case that Obama supports the Fairness Doctrine loses, bigtime. It's a joke.
    I'm not claiming that - I'm stating you're basis of faith on what a politicians says is flawed given politicians track record in general. You want substance... here's all the promises Obama has failed to live up to in his first year:

    PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

    The best being: #515 which states: "No family making less than $250,000 will see "any form of tax increase."

    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #45
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'm not claiming that - I'm stating you're basis of faith on what a politicians says is flawed given politicians track record in general. You want substance... here's all the promises Obama has failed to live up to in his first year:

    PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

    The best being: #515 which states: "No family making less than $250,000 will see "any form of tax increase."

    I didn't say I have absolute faith. I said he has said he doesn't support it, AND he hasn't done anything to impose it.

    When and if that changes, you'll have a point. Until then, you have nothing.

    This is the claim I was responding to:

    These city municipalities are getting on the band wagon and following in Obama's footsteps.
    There are no such footsteps. Yes, Obama could violate his promise. But he hasn't.
    Last edited by misterman; 04-23-10 at 10:08 AM.

  6. #46
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    ON the issue of "constitution-free zones":

    Normally under the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the American people are not generally subject to random and arbitrary stops and searches.

    The border, however, has always been an exception. There, the longstanding view is that the normal rules do not apply. For example the authorities do not need a warrant or probable cause to conduct a “routine search.”
    "The border" refers to a line, not a zone. It applies someone trying to enter the U.S. not someone near the border but already in the U.S.

  7. #47
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I didn't say I have absolute faith.
    You went out of your way to state Obama said he will not support it and pushed a Fox News link as evidence. Then you defend that position stating he has not yet endorsed it. What do you base your position on? I base my position on his record, you base it on his jibba-jabba.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I said he has said he doesn't support it, AND he hasn't done anything to impose it.
    Other than a "no **** sherlock" moment, he's also taken that position a few times especially on taxes, ie. #515, yet the result is different now isn't it. Hence, my statement that because Obama is not supporting it now, does not mean he won't change his mind in the future - of which you stated I should "let you know" when he supports it. Another "no **** sherlock" moment. Of course I'll let you know...


    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    When and if that changes, you'll have a point. Until then, you have nothing.
    I have his existing record - which gets worse by the day.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #48
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You went out of your way to state Obama said he will not support it and pushed a Fox News link as evidence. Then you defend that position stating he has not yet endorsed it. What do you base your position on?
    Huh?

    I posted the link. What is the confusion here?

    Of course I'll let you know...
    You be sure to do that.

    Until then, you got nothing. Obama has NOT imposed the Fairness Doctrine. Obama has NOT said he wants to imposed the Fairness Doctrine.

    So until he does otherwise, you got nothing. You need to sit quietly and wait for something to change.

    I have his existing record - which gets worse by the day.
    His existing record on the Fairness Doctrine couldn't be more clear.

    You need to learn to accept reality and move on sometimes.

  9. #49
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Huh?

    I posted the link. What is the confusion here?
    What do you base your opinion on?



    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You be sure to do that.
    Count on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Until then, you got nothing. Obama has NOT imposed the Fairness Doctrine. Obama has NOT said he wants to imposed the Fairness Doctrine.
    He also said he will not impose new taxes. How'd that work out for ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You need to sit quietly and wait for something to change.
    If nothing else, you'll know I don't sit quietly for anyone.


    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    His existing record on the Fairness Doctrine couldn't be more clear.
    As was his existing record on taxes, until it changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You need to learn to accept reality and move on sometimes.
    Reality is politicians more often than not, change their position and in Obama's case, do so when it benefits them. Extract nose from Obama's arse and look around.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #50
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: NorfolkVA judge orders website shut down

    You're like the gun guys who insist Obama's after their guns. He says he's not, he hasn't done anything, yet you're just sure of it.

    Obama's stated policy is not to impose the Fairness Doctrine. So far he has followed that.

    When and if anything changes, let us know. Until then, you got nothing. Move on.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •