Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 180

Thread: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Oh really? I guess that means you've missed my posts about how disappointed I am that obama hasn't dismantled the torture camps in Gitmo and/or prosecuted those involved, or the posts about my frustration that don't ask/don't tell hasn't been overturned, or my posts expressing frustration that the Patriot act hasn't been dismantled.
    I've seen yours about YOUR feeling.

    I've seen next to nothing with you making up derogatory terms for those in the anti-war movement, criticizing other members and other groups on this forum for not doing like you, etc.

    They are doing the exact same type of "hypocritical" thing that you're accusing the Tea partiers of doing, simply in reverse, but you do not spend nearly the same amount of time on them.

    I don't know Catz, are you just a hypocrite that's only making big noise about groups you dislike and the groups you actually side with you don't rant about as much? Wow, that seems so hugely hypocritical of you catz. You should go about and make a nickname for yourself that people can use derogatorily towards you like "tea baggers" since if someone's a hypocrite and does something more for one group than another group despite them being relatively equal they're worthy of non-stop insulting.

    I mean, going by your twisted logic on this point, that seems to be the point.

    You rail, CONSTANTLY, against the tea partiers to the point of continually stopping to the level of a "libtard" esque childish slur. Yet you next to never speak about the hypocrisy of the anti-war movement in the country.

    In other words, Zyph, you see what you want to see, because it's damn sure that I haven't been licking Obama's balls, either.
    No, you haven't been an Obama balls licker. You've been a solidly left leaning moderate that likes much of what he's doing and dislikes other portions of it strongly, who goes out of her way continually and relentlessly to slander, insult, and distort one group she dislikes while continually and repeatedly gives a pass to another group that you identify more with.

    Essentially, you do the exact same thing you accuse the Tea Partiers of doing.

    beyond that, you seem kinda tense and defensive. What's that about?
    I'm tired of dealing with a bunch of childish kindergardeners that can't have a legitimate political discussion without acting like 5 year olds calling each other doo doo heads. I'm tired of seeing otherwise reasonable people look like immature fools. And I'm tired of watching people hypocritically screaming continually about hypocracy.

    If you were there, great. but I strongly suspect that the majority of teabaggers weren't, and are simply rabidly partisan Republicans.
    I don't know, perhaps go to a college campus, I know tea bagging happens often with the immature drunk freshmen. I'm sure you could volunteer to help them engage in it while you're taking your study.

    However, if you're speaking of the Tea partiers, I would strongly suggest you're absolutely wrong. Considering recent other polls it appears close to 50% aren't even Republicans (Independents, Libertarians and Democrats). So what you're saying is that the 50% of Republicans that make up the Tea Party movement needs to be almost ENTIRELY of the rabidly partisan Republican types to be able to legitimately say they make up a "majority" of them. That simply strains credibility and logic to assume that essentially EVERY republican identifying Tea Party member MUST be a hyper partisan Republican that NEVER had issues with what Bush did.

    Yes, a large portion of them likely didn't say anything loudly about Bush. A portion of that group likely had issues with Bush but didn't make a huge deal out of them for the reasons I stated above (human nature, political intelligence, etc). To use that as a reason to lambast them continually is hypocritical in and of itself unless you're lambasting humanity as a whole for every time they are more apt to speak more softly about someone not close to them doing something than they would someone they dislike doing the same thing only worse. However to claim is a majority doesn't jive with reality of the variety of polling information or common logic.

    the which is substantiated by the statistics from the OP.
    Actually, its NOT substantiated by the statistics of the OP. But nice slant.

    Your OP in no way states that the majority of Tea Partiers are the "Hyper Partisan" type republicans or the extreme republicans or the staunch republicans. Simply that the majority "lean" republican, which in no way denotes anywhere near the severity of their blind following as you attempt to suggest with no evidence other than pointing to an OP that doesn't provide any evidence.

    Second, the OP again is not necessarily checking the party affiliation of the Tea Parties but the leans of the regions that their data basing of Tea Party members are most often appear in. However correlation does not mean causation. Tea Parties being large in Republican leaning areas could mean it could be all Republicans, or it could mean there's a larger base for the sentinment to grow and thus has more oppertunity to expand out to others.

    Third, you can't look at polls in a vacuum nor have you shown ANY reason at all that your suggested poll is somehow concrete while the previous poll denoting the amount of self identified Tea Partiers that were not Republicans is somehow wrong. Taking them both together it appears that the majority of Tea Partiers lean republican, something that's not going to shock anyone, however shows that it reaches across to independents, some democrats, big L libertarians, and moderate conservatives as well.

    Hardly a "majority" of "hyper partisan republicans" who likely never voiced issues with George Bush.


    You, and Stekim, both are hypocrites, just as much as you claim the Tea Partiers are. You lambast them but give other groups no where near your vitriol and attention in your postings. You bash tea partiers for doing actions, being louder when the other side is in power and being louder when the other side is doing the things you dislike WORSE than your guy was doing it, that both parties have done for decades upon decades yet you previously almost never and currently almost never lambast others for their actions of it currently or in the past. You put them on the spit for "hypocrisy" that is present in every human being.

    Tell me Catz, lets be honest here...

    You've never excused a flaw in a friend that you're criticized in an aquaintence or someone you didn't like?

    You've never given a freind or family member more rope when it came to a situation of trust then you've given someone you barely knew or disliked?

    You've never perhaps as a sports fan complained about another teams actions or choices but complained FAR less and quieter when your team did something akin to it?

    You've never railed about Parents needing to take better care and pay more attention to their children yet find that at times you don't do a 100% perfect job of it yourself?

    You've never complained loudly about the hypocricy or the wrongness of one group but given a pass or complained much less about another group that did something arguably similar?

    I can say, with 100% certainty, if you answer yes to everyone of those you're a bold faced pathetic liar just as I'd say to someone that says they've never lied before in their life. It's human nature to be more understanding, more forgiving, less vocal, more compassionate, more lienent, with those that are closer to you in some fashion. This does not change in politics, and especially so when you add in political strategy into it.

    Simply becasue people express their anger and disagreement in two different ways does not necessarily mean its not there, nor should it be expected that their anger and disagreement will always occur EXACTLY the same in EVERY situation because every situation is not the same.

    You and Stekim put out this bull**** notion and expect it to be considered factually 100% unquestioanbly correct that the only difference now is that its a Democrat in office and the republicans lost.

    Bull****, utter bull****.

    Yes, a Democrat being the one in office DOES play into it (just as a Republican being in office played into it previously for Democrats). You don't completely torpedo your own side when rather than fixing anything it'll make it WORSE because its just going to let the other guy get in which will do everything you're disliking about your guy PLUS other stuff you dislike.

    However....

    For all of Bush's spending, Obama's is arguably larger.

    For all of Bush's entitlement, Obama's was larger.

    For all of the Patriot Acts slippery slope, the Health Care Plans slippery slope is arguably larger.

    For all Bush's spending that he did the large majority of it was in regards to wars, something while YOU may disagree with many (and not just "hyper partisan republicans") look at as at least being identifable in the Constitution (in regards to defense) as being something at least in the legitimate perview of the government. While YOU may disagree, there is a legitimate and reasonable belief there...JUST as much, if not more, as the belief that Health Care is legitimate government spending per the constitution.

    For all Bush's fiscal issues he did cut taxes, not with class warefare but across the board. Obama's flat out stated he plans on pushing for part of the Bush tax cuts to expire and has been talking about permanent tax increases while using smoke screens of temporary rebates to distract.

    For all his debt running up, it took 8 years for Bush to do what Obama's likely to do in 2 years.

    For all the cries of "Obama has a bad economy to contend with" its equally a legitimate counter to go "Bush had to deal with the reality of 9/11"

    The situations are not 100% the same and there are a number of legitimate reasons why people who were either quietly unhappy with Bush or dealing with "the lesser of two evils" under Bush are now speaking out far louder when they're dealing with, what they see, as the "Eviler of two evils" and who is doing in their mind every bad thing that Bush did, only on steroids, and is adding Sprinkles of more bad things on top of it all.

  2. #82
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Excellent Post Zyph, this adds to Goshen's and CPwill's manifesto of the "tea party for DP dummies."
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I've seen next to nothing with you making up derogatory terms for those in the anti-war movement, criticizing other members and other groups on this forum for not doing like you, etc.
    That's because I did it on two other forums: Usmessageboard.com and politicalforum.com. You're welcome to search, since this seems to matter to you so much: my username there was catzmeow.

    I don't know Catz, are you just a hypocrite that's only making big noise about groups you dislike and the groups you actually side with you don't rant about as much? Wow, that seems so hugely hypocritical of you catz. You should go about and make a nickname for yourself that people can use derogatorily towards you like "tea baggers" since if someone's a hypocrite and does something more for one group than another group despite them being relatively equal they're worthy of non-stop insulting.
    Feel free to make up a derogatory nickname for me. How about Pussy Smell? Would that make you feel better? Feel free to call me that as often as you wish. You clearly have way more emotion wrapped up in this issue than I do, and I've apparently become the locus for it.

    Thanks, but I'm not interested in performing therapy today.

    As a movement, I consider the Tea Party an inherently hypocritical one, made up of whiny, disenfranchised and pissed off white bread Republicans who didn't care about spending when Bush was doing it, and only now have discovered a conscience about small governent.

    In comparison, I've been a blue dog democrat for the past 8 years. I've ALWAYS believed in small government, reducing government spending, cutting entitlements, and being fiscally responsible. I believe that government is not a monolithic entity, but an arm of the people, entasked with doing the work that we assign them.

    I'm not going to call YOU a hypocrite, because you are not the Tea Party. You're an individual who conjoins with them on some issues, and is separate on others. You are not responsible for the rampant hypocrisy, simply because your views are congruent with many of theirs.

    For you to view an attack on the Tea Party, as a movement, as a personal assault engendering this kind of emotionalism is simply absurd.

    Maybe you should take a break and have a cup of tea or something.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 04-23-10 at 12:50 PM.

  4. #84
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I've apparently become the locus for it.



    You have become the "locus"t... I will call you The Locust from hence forth! All Hail the Locust!!!!!!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    I'm not just A locus(t). I'm their queen.


  6. #86
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Actually many of us are actual libertarians, and not whiny so called "libertarian" complainers.
    Some of you are. "Many" might be pushing it. The teabaggers in Georgia all seem to have W and Palin stickers on their SUV's. But like I said above, you personally may be different. I know if you looked at my posts in 2005 you would see I was a bit ahead of the tea party curve. I never bought the big lie like so many others did. Others who are now pretending they dislike "big government". Yeah, OK.
    Last edited by stekim; 04-23-10 at 02:25 PM.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  7. #87
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Some of you are. "Many" might be pushing it. The teabaggers in Georgia all seem to have W and Palin stickers on their SUV's. But like I said above, you personally may be different. I know if you looked at my posts in 2005 you would see I was a bit ahead of the tea party curve. I never bought the big lie like so many others did. Others who are now pretending they dislike "big government". Yeah, OK.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?
    No, you are not awesome........ you just come across as a foul mouthed bigot.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  8. #88
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    You, and Stekim, both are hypocrites, just as much as you claim the Tea Partiers are. You lambast them but give other groups no where near your vitriol and attention in your postings.
    You obviously have not read many of my posts. Which makes sense given they are on another board. I lambaste tons of groups. Honest.

    You bash tea partiers for doing actions, being louder when the other side is in power and being louder when the other side is doing the things you dislike WORSE than your guy was doing it, that both parties have done for decades upon decades yet you previously almost never and currently almost never lambast others for their actions of it currently or in the past. You put them on the spit for "hypocrisy" that is present in every human being.
    So calling a hypocrite a hypocrite somehow makes me a bad person? Seems to me one is either for limited government or one is not. Yet so many in the movement supported W, who clearly ended his reign as the single biggest government President in the history of the Republic. There is hypocrisy, my friend, then there is fucking hypocrisy.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  9. #89
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    No, you are not awesome........ you just come across as a foul mouthed bigot.
    Thanks! It's good to see all my hard work is paying off.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  10. #90
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Some of you are. "Many" might be pushing it. The teabaggers in Georgia all seem to have W and Palin stickers on their SUV's. But like I said above, you personally may be different. I know if you looked at my posts in 2005 you would see I was a bit ahead of the tea party curve. I never bought the big lie like so many others did. Others who are now pretending they dislike "big government". Yeah, OK.

    I cant speak to the vulgar balls in the mouth anecdites but i stand by what i say. This group embodies many of the ideals us libertarians hold dear. You being a big mouthed schillfor the left wing kooks does what for us libertarians?

    Nothing. Are you going to claim next you have been to a tea party rally? So many if the tebagged ball sucking crowd here has done so already. Heck they apparently have been to more than us tea party folk.



    Btw. Palim is not the tea party. She is an opportunist using this grass roots movement for her ow. Gain.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •