Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 180

Thread: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

  1. #11
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    I love when surveys tell me the patently obvious.

    "A recent survey indicated that 17-year old boys think about sex a lot."
    "A recent survey indicated that most Ellen viewers are female".
    "A recent survey indicated that gay men are a key demographic for Cher".

    The fact is, it's impossible to take the tea baggers seriously because the era of big government and huge deficits sure as hell didn't start in 2009. But I guess you cannot complain too loudly when the people responsible are members of your own party. Apparently, big government is only bad when you are not in charge of it.


    Its hard to take the "balls in the mouth" crowd seriously when they use vulgar terms like "teabagger".

    If you want to discuss balls in ones mouth. I suggest the sex and sexuality section.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #12
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    I love when surveys tell me the patently obvious.

    "A recent survey indicated that 17-year old boys think about sex a lot."
    "A recent survey indicated that most Ellen viewers are female".
    "A recent survey indicated that gay men are a key demographic for Cher".

    The fact is, it's impossible to take the tea baggers seriously because the era of big government and huge deficits sure as hell didn't start in 2009. But I guess you cannot complain too loudly when the people responsible are members of your own party. Apparently, big government is only bad when you are not in charge of it.
    While the term Tea Party Movement may be a 2009 phenomenon, tax day protests have been going on since the 1990's in recent history. However, momentum has shifted and gained since 2009. So you're right, it didn't start in 2009, it actually has been around for almost 20 years.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #13
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Its hard to take the "balls in the mouth" crowd seriously when they use vulgar terms like "teabagger".
    Vulgar is in the eye of the beholder. I find it vulgar that people are pretending to care about something that we've had for decades. Like they just noticed. Please.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  4. #14
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Vulgar is in the eye of the beholder. I find it vulgar that people are pretending to care about something that we've had for decades. Like they just noticed. Please.
    If you concerned yourself with facts instead of "balls in ones mouth" perhaps you would realize tax day protests have been happening for decades. Including tea parties at least since 07.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #15
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    While the term Tea Party Movement may be a 2009 phenomenon, tax day protests have been going on since the 1990's in recent history. However, momentum has shifted and gained since 2009. So you're right, it didn't start in 2009, it actually has been around for almost 20 years.
    Well, we are not talking about tax day protests, so I'm not sure your post is on point. And how much do you want to bet that the tea baggers stop "protesting" when a Republican lords over the Nanny State again? I don't recall any big tea parties under the last one. And no one in history was bigger government than good ole dubya.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  6. #16
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    If you concerned yourself with facts instead of "balls in ones mouth" perhaps you would realize tax day protests have been happening for decades. Including tea parties at least since 07.

    See above. I'm not talking about tax day protests. If it's not April 17th it's not a tax day protest. And at last check the tea baggers whine every day. Odd indeed.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  7. #17
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Well, we are not talking about tax day protests, so I'm not sure your post is on point. And how much do you want to bet that the tea baggers stop "protesting" when a Republican lords over the Nanny State again? I don't recall any big tea parties under the last one. And no one in history was bigger government than good ole dubya.





    Again if you want to miss facts with "balls in ones mouth" rhetoric you would realize by listening to us we were upset with bush's stimulous as well.


    And obamas gov is bigger than bush's by a lot.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Stekim has credibility with me on this subject because he was bashing Bush for overspending back when many teabaggers were still sucking his balls.

  9. #19
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    See above. I'm not talking about tax day protests. If it's not April 17th it's not a tax day protest. And at last check the tea baggers whine every day. Odd indeed.
    So lerhaps the teabagees can tell us when we should have "started"....

    In otherwords where is the line you would approve of, "libertarian"
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So lerhaps the teabagees can tell us when we should have "started"....

    In otherwords where is the line you would approve of, "libertarian"
    How about 2002? That would have been a great time to start being fiscal conservatives.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •