Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 180

Thread: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Most of my typos come from the iphone.
    It's the big thumbs, isn't it? HAWT.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, silly me, it is only the great and wonderous extremist libertarian and "I'm always neutral so I can bitch non stop" moderates/centrists that are immune to the dreaded hypocritical label, of which one could NEVER place on them.
    By jove, I think he's got it.

  3. #103
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    While voting for him. Just another example of what I'm talking about! Thanks. Hannity and Rush are part of the problem. They help convince people to vote the clowns in office.

    Part of what turned people onto the tea party movement was when McCain said he would out spend Obama on mortgages.... Why do you think he lost? He tried to out obama obama, and at the same time started a catalyst that swelled an existing movements numbers.


    You don't ever listen to hannity or Limbaugh do you.

    Once again you fail to see the point even though I've said it numerous times. Based on their past non-action I don't believe them. I'm not a hypocrite in the least. If I thought they were honest instead of lying hypocrites I would jump on board.

    So your libertarianism is based on the impossible, and its just an outlet for you to whine. Noted.


    Let me repeat so you get it this time: I don't believe them. I don't think they are for smaller government. So how can I support them? THAT would make me a hypocrite. Not supporting them actually makes me the opposite.

    No you are a hypocrite. You decided you did not believe them and sided with the big government liberal kooks, That makes you a hypocrite, or foolish.



    So you guys show up to hear them anyway? Interesting. And yet you don't see why so many don't take you seriously. How can we?

    I also show up to hear liberals speak when they come around and Im available.


    And if these politicians want to change and be for smaller goverment. Why not hear what they have to say?


    Are you so closed minded.... Oh wait, Listening to them would mean less for you to complain about.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #104
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Part of what turned people onto the tea party movement was when McCain said he would out spend Obama on mortgages.... Why do you think he lost? He tried to out obama obama, and at the same time started a catalyst that swelled an existing movements numbers.
    That's why you think he lost? Interesting. The problem is, GOPers voted for him just they do with all people with elephants next to their names. He lost because independents, who actually decide elections contrary to the thoughts of Democrats or Republicans, were tired of the GOP. That's why the Dems took the Presidency and Congress. Yes, the GOP base was not energized. True. I'll give you that. But they voted elephant like always.

    So your libertarianism is based on the impossible, and its just an outlet for you to whine. Noted.
    Not sure what you mean. Care to elaborate? Not much to work with there.

    No you are a hypocrite. You decided you did not believe them and sided with the big government liberal kooks, That makes you a hypocrite, or foolish.
    I didn't really "decide". They convinced me. I'm hypocrisy free since 1968.

    I also show up to hear liberals speak when they come around and Im available.
    But do you claim to side with them like you do the tea party crowd? That's the difference.

    And if these politicians want to change and be for smaller goverment. Why not hear what they have to say?
    Here's a little history lesson for you. The Republicans ALWAYS talk the small government game. ALWAYS. But they never actually do it. The fact people have not realized that is stunning. They keep buying it election after election even though the GOP bends them over like two bit whores every time. But this time they really mean it? Please. This is like Charlie Brown, Lucy and the football. He'll kick it this by God. Righto.
    Last edited by stekim; 04-23-10 at 04:10 PM.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Part of what turned people onto the tea party movement was when McCain said he would out spend Obama on mortgages.... Why do you think he lost?
    I hate when people use these type of arguments. There's almost no national race that has a singular reason why someone lost so trying to throw those type of arguments in, especially as a definitive thing, to "win" an argument is asanine.

    The closest thing to a singular reason for McCain's loss that I could give would be horrendous political strategy, and I would only say that because it was extremely broad. Trying to play Joe Moderate in the primaries only to try and change into Joe Conservative in the regular cost him Independent votes while Republicans just saw it as phony, causing him money. Picking up Palin would've been good if he had stayed Joe Moderate, and maybe if he had tried and swung BACK to Joe Moderate, but instead he kept up with the Joe Conservative act. Throughout the entire Joe Conservative act the moderate popularist McCain kept creeping in at times, giving you a disjointed chaotic message that didn't appeal greatly to either independents or republicans and came off as phony to the entire pack.

    And that's not for saying anything in regards to what Obama did well that helped him win the election while McCain lost it.

    Also, the notion that you "win elections" with Independents is also freaking idiotic in its constant implied meaning. If you don't get a good turnout and support from your base you won't win the election either even if you win the Independents because generally its your base that's most likely going to give you the most finances for your campaign to allow you to reach out to those independents, independents are always going to fragment some what so you need to add something to it, and if you somewhat win independents but have a weak turnout of your base you can be in just as much hot **** as you'd be with getting few independents but having strong base turnout.

    The key to winning elections is not independents, its a solid to good base turnout + getting a significant portion of Independents. Fail to do either and you're going to have a hard time.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Part of what turned people onto the tea party movement was when McCain said he would out spend Obama on mortgages.... Why do you think he lost? He tried to out obama obama, and at the same time started a catalyst that swelled an existing movements numbers.



    You have to love revisionist history. People like Hannity and Rush make excuses. The fact is the vote was close, and that was hardly the deciding issue. There's a reason McCain made that argument to begin with: He was losing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #107
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I hate when people use these type of arguments. There's almost no national race that has a singular reason why someone lost so trying to throw those type of arguments in, especially as a definitive thing, to "win" an argument is asanine.


    Not my point, nor was it what I was saying. What I was saying, and perhaps I phrased it wrong was that People many people were turned off of McCain's "socialism" for a lack of better word, that the excitement on the "right" was nill...

    No one can deny this....


    This also catapulted many who were already sick of this spending into sympathizing with the tea partys..


    Had McCain won, I truly believe there still would be a tea party, just obviously not as big, but noteable...


    That notwithstanding. If we can educate even 5% of the "Anti-Obama" types, we as small government types will have served this country well.




    The closest thing to a singular reason for McCain's loss that I could give would be horrendous political strategy, and I would only say that because it was extremely broad. Trying to play Joe Moderate in the primaries only to try and change into Joe Conservative in the regular cost him Independent votes while Republicans just saw it as phony, causing him money. Picking up Palin would've been good if he had stayed Joe Moderate, and maybe if he had tried and swung BACK to Joe Moderate, but instead he kept up with the Joe Conservative act. Throughout the entire Joe Conservative act the moderate popularist McCain kept creeping in at times, giving you a disjointed chaotic message that didn't appeal greatly to either independents or republicans and came off as phony to the entire pack.

    You forgot "playing Joe Obama in the debates"


    And that's not for saying anything in regards to what Obama did well that helped him win the election while McCain lost it.

    Also, the notion that you "win elections" with Independents is also freaking idiotic in its constant implied meaning. If you don't get a good turnout and support from your base you won't win the election either even if you win the Independents because generally its your base that's most likely going to give you the most finances for your campaign to allow you to reach out to those independents, independents are always going to fragment some what so you need to add something to it, and if you somewhat win independents but have a weak turnout of your base you can be in just as much hot **** as you'd be with getting few independents but having strong base turnout.

    The key to winning elections is not independents, its a solid to good base turnout + getting a significant portion of Independents. Fail to do either and you're going to have a hard time.

    I see nothing wrong with this.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #108
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post


    You have to love revisionist history. People like Hannity and Rush make excuses. The fact is the vote was close, and that was hardly the deciding issue. There's a reason McCain made that argument to begin with: He was losing.




    How often do you listen to Rush and hannity? Gotta love the ignorant pontificating as if they are in the know.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #109
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    That's why you think he lost? Interesting. The problem is, GOPers voted for him just they do with all people with elephants next to their names. He lost because independents, who actually decide elections contrary to the thoughts of Democrats or Republicans, were tired of the GOP. That's why the Dems took the Presidency and Congress. Yes, the GOP base was not energized. True. I'll give you that. But they voted elephant like always.

    I think it was far more than that. McCain was not a good Canidate, and he tried to be obama in the end.


    Not sure what you mean. Care to elaborate? Not much to work with there.


    You want to remain a complainer until the impossible happens, a core movemen of people you don't think are hypocrites. Its a loser position.



    I didn't really "decide". They convinced me. I'm hypocrisy free since 1968.

    Apparently not.




    But do you claim to side with them like you do the tea party crowd? That's the difference.

    I am the "tea party crowd" and you want to call me a hypocrite so you can whine. It has FAIL written all over it.




    Here's a little history lesson for you. The Republicans ALWAYS talk the small government game. ALWAYS. But they never actually do it. The fact people have not realized that is stunning. They keep buying it election after election even though the GOP bends them over like two bit whores every time. But this time they really mean it? Please. This is like Charlie Brown, Lucy and the football. He'll kick it this by God. Righto.


    Chris Christie.



    And if you actually go to a tea party, you will see there is a difference. There is almost as much dismay with the repubs as there is the dems.....


    That is unless you want to remain ignorant.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #110
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Media Exaggerate Tea Party's Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    How often do you listen to Rush and hannity? Gotta love the ignorant pontificating as if they are in the know.
    I've listened to Rush a lot through the years. Funny man who is often wrong. He also doesn't fair well when others challenge him. Seen Hannity a few times, and he's worse.

    So, yes, I'm familiar with them. More importantly, I was attention during the election. They're just making excuses.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •