Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 191

Thread: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    My point was Canada's problem is Canada's problem. We may share the same problem, but how we handle it might be different. Frankly, I don't care about Canada's doctor shortage problem. I care about ours, but unlike some I'm not in panic mode over it.
    why do you think anyone cares about your opinions?

    post facts

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    You obviously do. You responded didn't you? But let's not get too bent out of shape here, shall we? If your point in posting the article on Canada's doctor shortage was to illustrate that the US can expect to face the same "rationed time for quality care", then you should have just said so when you posted the article. A valid argument, but I just don't see the same thing happening here in the US.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-13-10 at 12:54 PM.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I just don't see the same thing happening here in the US.
    why do you think anyone care's about your opinions

    post facts

    use links

    like wsj's piece about the 150,000

    the point---wsj disagrees with your views

    LOL!

  4. #84
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    True, but that's the reasons more funding for higher education was added to health care reform legistlation - to try and stave off the anticipated drop off in doctor shortages. Still, as misterman so accurately pointed out, this country has had a shortage on doctors (and nurses) for years.
    If it's the same type of funding for higher education that was in the other health care bill that came out a few months ago, and I haven't read this bill, so I don't know for certain, the funding for higher education will be funneled toward affirmative action-oriented education, enrolling individuals based on social factors as much as on achievement history. This will serve to decrease the quality of the professionals (doctors, nurses, etc) coming into the health care industry. They will, in effect, be public health employees in a public health system. I'm not saying this is the case, but based on the last bill posted on the internet for public viewing, it seemed to be the desired focus for getting more health care professionals into the work force. If public health employees perform in a similar manner to other government office employees, efficiency will go down.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Prof,

    Again, you obviously care about what I think. You've responded twice now.

    "Who's more foolish? The fool or the one who follows him?"

    Last I checked this was a public forum. People share their ideas which in most cases are "opinions". If you can't handle that and you don't like what I have to say, by all means put me on your ignore list. It's just that simple. (And believe me, it won't hurt my feelings one bit.)

    Next!

    (Pssst...Can I still blame Canada for this? )
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-13-10 at 01:13 PM.

  6. #86
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    why do you think anyone care's about your opinions

    post facts

    use links

    like wsj's piece about the 150,000

    the point---wsj disagrees with your views

    LOL!
    Does it? Why don't you post a link to it and show us.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law


  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    If it's the same type of funding for higher education that was in the other health care bill that came out a few months ago, and I haven't read this bill, so I don't know for certain, the funding for higher education will be funneled toward affirmative action-oriented education, enrolling individuals based on social factors as much as on achievement history. This will serve to decrease the quality of the professionals (doctors, nurses, etc) coming into the health care industry. They will, in effect, be public health employees in a public health system. I'm not saying this is the case, but based on the last bill posted on the internet for public viewing, it seemed to be the desired focus for getting more health care professionals into the work force. If public health employees perform in a similar manner to other government office employees, efficiency will go down.
    I work in public health and I can tell you there's been a push to get more stardard health care services into communities over the last few years than just WIC, family planning and immunizations - things of that sort. The emphasis has been on wellness and prevention, as well as, how to provide things such as a standard physical or blood pressure reading to low-income families/individuals who truly need them.

    Part of the employment criteria for many public health employees is that they have atleast a 2-yr degree. However, there are lots of PH employees who have 4 yr degrees from well known accredited colleges and universities.

    So, I don't think the quality of care will go down nor will the quality of the educated professional. What is likely to happen, however, is public health departments just like medical centers/clinics will likely get swamped at first, but things will level out once many of the administrative functions and services become more standardized. It happened when school immunizations was effectively "shared" between private practises and the public health system. I expect the same will take place within all facets of the health care industry where routine services are provided all over again.

    Patiencs....

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I'll have to go read the article and see what it says.
    that's a good idea

    LOL!

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Last I checked this was a public forum. People share their ideas which in most cases are "opinions".
    very true

    but the posts comprised merely of opinions are far less powerful than those dominated by links

    hello

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •