Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 191

Thread: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

  1. #101
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    oh, my...

    the more we learn about this PIG of a bill...

    why didn't the party think of these things, y'know, in advance?

    Healthcare overhaul won't stop premium increases - latimes.com
    I have two comments...

    Insurance companies will probably do the same thing banks and credit card companies did last year. Soon after Congress passed a law limiting interest rate hikes, credit card companies immediately sent out notices of increased interest rates to beat the implementation of the law. Health insurance companies will probably do the same thing.

    Point 2... If anyone thinks outlawing pre-existing condition exclusions will not result in higher rates for everyone, I have a couple of Ohio River bridges I'd like to sell. Insurance companies will be forced to insure people AFTER they find out they are sick.

    If I was a young twenty-something, I would pay my measly annual penalty for not having insurance, then buy insurance if I found out I had a serious illness. People have been doing the exact same thing with auto insurance for years.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #102
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I have two comments...

    Insurance companies will probably do the same thing banks and credit card companies did last year. Soon after Congress passed a law limiting interest rate hikes, credit card companies immediately sent out notices of increased interest rates to beat the implementation of the law. Health insurance companies will probably do the same thing.

    Point 2... If anyone thinks outlawing pre-existing condition exclusions will not result in higher rates for everyone, I have a couple of Ohio River bridges I'd like to sell. Insurance companies will be forced to insure people AFTER they find out they are sick.

    If I was a young twenty-something, I would pay my measly annual penalty for not having insurance, then buy insurance if I found out I had a serious illness. People have been doing the exact same thing with auto insurance for years.
    You can claim religious exemption or financial hardship and not have to pay any fine.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    240

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I have two comments...

    Insurance companies will probably do the same thing banks and credit card companies did last year. Soon after Congress passed a law limiting interest rate hikes, credit card companies immediately sent out notices of increased interest rates to beat the implementation of the law. Health insurance companies will probably do the same thing.

    Point 2... If anyone thinks outlawing pre-existing condition exclusions will not result in higher rates for everyone, I have a couple of Ohio River bridges I'd like to sell. Insurance companies will be forced to insure people AFTER they find out they are sick.

    If I was a young twenty-something, I would pay my measly annual penalty for not having insurance, then buy insurance if I found out I had a serious illness. People have been doing the exact same thing with auto insurance for years.
    That's what they've been doing under Romneycare, too.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    That's what they've been doing under Romneycare, too.
    Yep, and it's going broke already.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #105
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    There are people who had ideas that weren't Republicans.
    They were ignored for the most part.
    Be specific. As the bill has a lot of republican ideas, I would say they were ignored. And if they were not republicans, are you saying there were ignored, or that they just didn't get their ideas in the bill? There is a difference.

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    You can claim religious exemption or financial hardship and not have to pay any fine.
    not if you don't have a religious exemption or a financial hardship

    just wait til junior learns the candidate he swooned for has just made him a CRIMINAL

    live it, libs, love it

    it's YOURS!

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If anyone thinks outlawing pre-existing condition exclusions will not result in higher rates for everyone, I have a couple of Ohio River bridges I'd like to sell.
    thanks

    fundamentally---YOU CAN'T EXPAND MEDICARE AND MEDICAID BY 12 MIL WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY CUTTING THEIR ALREADY SEVERELY STRAINED FUNDING BY HALF A TRIL

    as inescapable as gravity on earth
    Last edited by The Prof; 04-13-10 at 03:53 PM.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    not if you don't have a religious exemption or a financial hardship

    just wait til junior learns the candidate he swooned for has just made him a CRIMINAL

    live it, libs, love it

    it's YOURS!
    Yep, the ones that will be screaming the loudest are the recent college graduates when they find out how much their insurance premiums will cost them, or... when they find out they are not getting back the income tax refund that they had planned on using for a vacation.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #109
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    I don't really see the point is preserving the private insurance companies. For a society that has reached our psychological and technological standpoint, for-profit health insurance is a burden. They need to be phased out except for the super-wealthy.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #110
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: 60 doctor-owned hospitals canceled due to new health law

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    I don't really see the point is preserving the private insurance companies. For a society that has reached our psychological and technological standpoint, for-profit health insurance is a burden. They need to be phased out except for the super-wealthy.
    Many insurance companies are non-profit, for example one of the largest... Blue Cross/ Blue Shield.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •