Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 123

Thread: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

  1. #101
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Yes, all of those and corporate interests.
    So, why do you believe that black people, thru the NAACP, should not be allowed to voice their concerns to the government?

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, why do you believe that black people, thru the NAACP, should not be allowed to voice their concerns to the government?
    Because Black People, like all other citizens can voice their concerns directly to the government, no intermediary needed.

  3. #103
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Because Black People, like all other citizens can voice their concerns directly to the government, no intermediary needed.
    STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD

  4. #104
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Because Black People, like all other citizens can voice their concerns directly to the government, no intermediary needed.
    So you disagree with the right of black people to assemble with like-minded black people in order to be better heard by said government?

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So you disagree with the right of black people to assemble with like-minded black people in order to be better heard by said government?
    You mean protesting? Other than that I think I was pretty clear on the lobbying front.

  6. #106
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    You mean protesting? Other than that I think I was pretty clear on the lobbying front.
    So you DO oppose the right of black people to assemble with like-minded black people in order to be better heard by said government.
    Good enough - thanks.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So you DO oppose the right of black people to assemble with like-minded black people in order to be better heard by said government.
    Good enough - thanks.
    So you're going to ignore my post and just create a strawman? Good enough - thanks.

  8. #108
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    So you're going to ignore my post and just create a strawman? Good enough - thanks.
    There's no strawman - you openly admit that you oppose the lobbying efforts of the NAACP (and any other similar group), which is nothing more than black people exercising their right to assemble with like-minded black people in order to be better heard by the government.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    There's no strawman - you openly admit that you oppose the lobbying efforts of the NAACP (and any other similar group), which is nothing more than black people exercising their right to assemble with like-minded black people in order to be better heard by the government.
    Nope, there is a difference between lobbying and the right to assemble. You're attempt at combining the two in order to argue is a strawman.

  10. #110
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama: We're still working on our democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Nope, there is a difference between lobbying and the right to assemble.
    Physically, yes, but conceptually they are the same thing - people getting together so that their voices might be better heard as a group.

    So, why do you believe that black people should not be able to exercisie their right to assemble with like-minded black people in order to be better heard by the government?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •