Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 416

Thread: We are a Christian Nation....

  1. #41
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    And 64% of the people in the US think that aliens contact humans.

    So?
    That's quite a bit more likely than Jesus rising from the dead. Wait... Maybe Jesus was an alien!




    Actually that's seriously more plausible than him rising from the dead because he's the son of god who wanted to change his own rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yet a lot of our left wing friends deny that including Obama........
    America is not a theocracy. It was founded with religious freedom in mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Obviously best way to go about it.
    Yeah you'd get the most bang for your buck, but somehow I think sincerity would matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Then enjoy having religion stuffed down your throat.

    I'm willing to bet you're one of those people who wouldn't dare say anything to a Muslim but has no problem bashing a Christian.
    That's cuz the muslim will put a f'ing jihad on you. I mean talk about oversensitivity: They try to kill people over an offensive cartoon. (yeah yeah I know most of them aren't like that)
    Last edited by LiveUninhibited; 04-06-10 at 08:42 PM.

  2. #42
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    *Knock knock*

    : .....
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  3. #43
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    I mean talk about oversensitivity: They try to kill people over an offensive cartoon. (yeah yeah I know most of them aren't like that)
    And Christians try to censor radio, movies, and television over a nipple slip.

  4. #44
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    And Christians try to censor radio, movies, and television over a nipple slip.
    That reminds me... word play.


    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  5. #45
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    I seem to draw people in who feel bent to "save me". I don't know why, there is no logic to it.. they just seem to zero in on me. I've tried the angle you mention and that seems to drive them more. Do I look like a sinner? Do I exude an air of 'wrongness' that nobody senses but those who are ultra-religious? I don't know and I don't care. I just know that when someone offers to have me visit their church and I decline.. that is a clue that they need to remove themselves from my property - period.

    Maybe the sight of me naked answering the door would shock them and send the message "leave me the eff alone!".
    I have had three different religious types appear at my door since I started renting my own apartments. 1)Mormons - scared the very first couple of Mormons that I ever seen away by getting excited about never having seen them before, despite hearing about them (I had wondered if it was some sort of myth that Mormons actually went door to door). Since that first time, I have had several come to my door at different apartments, including the group that lived in my apartment building in Hawaii. The guys really weren't that bad to talk to and after I let them talk to me about their religion, they didn't return. 2)In my current apartment, there is a group that comes to my door constantly wanting to save me with the word of God. I have tried to explain to them that I choose not to be Christian, but I also have a hard time being rude, so I may just have to put up with them for the next few months til we move. 3)For some reason, every week or two, a couple of religious looking people show up at my apartment looking for people in the building who speak Spanish. I have absolutely no idea why they are only interested in talking to Spanish-speaking people, but I have answered the door to several different sets of them (some looked to be in the middle-ages, some were in their early 20s, and the latest two, looked to be teenagers, none actually appeared to be Hispanic).

    As for the topic, although many people in the US may consider themselves Christian, that does not mean that we are a Christian Nation. It simply means that we have a lot of Christians in this country. Of course, since there are many, many different denominations of Christianity, it's hard to even get a consensus on who believes in what amongst them besides the fact that they believe Christ was born, spread "the word of his father" to the people, was crucified, and he was resurrected.

    I knew a Christian church in the town i grew up in that preached that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was a bad woman because she got pregnant outside of the bonds of marriage. Some of the members of the church told my young cousin that his mother was not going to heaven (in not so nice words) because she was Catholic.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #46
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    And Christians try to censor radio, movies, and television over a nipple slip.
    Oh god I completely forgot about that one. That was outstanding to hear their reasoning from that.

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    And Christians try to censor radio, movies, and television over a nipple slip.
    If you're talking about Janet Jackson, that was no slip. It was obviously planned and deliberate, and a LOT of people felt that it was over-the-top for Superbowl halftime, not just us Fundies. Nor does it mean we want to limit HBO to showing nothing but Andy Griffith re-runs. We'd just like to keep the smut to a reasonable minimum during family viewing hours on non-adult-only stations... yeah that really smacks of theocracy don't it? (/irony)

    In any case, seeing her boobage wasn't really much of a treat, especially not with that stupid nipple-decoration.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No, we aren't.


    /thread.
    What he said.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #49
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    If you're talking about Janet Jackson, that was no slip. It was obviously planned and deliberate, and a LOT of people felt that it was over-the-top for Superbowl halftime, not just us Fundies. Nor does it mean we want to limit HBO to showing nothing but Andy Griffith re-runs. We'd just like to keep the smut to a reasonable minimum during family viewing hours on non-adult-only stations... yeah that really smacks of theocracy don't it? (/irony)

    In any case, seeing her boobage wasn't really much of a treat, especially not with that stupid nipple-decoration.
    Despite popular belief, children probably will not become sex offenders because they saw a nipple on television. In fact, I would bet there would be no ill effects upon society at all if nipples could be seen during prime time outside of the Discovery Channel.
    Last edited by LiveUninhibited; 04-06-10 at 09:38 PM.

  10. #50
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    Despite popular belief, children probably will not become sex offenders because they saw a nipple on television.
    This is like the perfect example of how to build a strawman.

    Hint: Goshin said nothing at all like that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •