Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 416

Thread: We are a Christian Nation....

  1. #291
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    I'm not a Christian.
    Then why are you defending Christianity so ardently? Why do you even care about this issue?

  2. #292
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    You all haven't posted anything in regards to proving that America is NOT a Christian nation. It's nothing but lazy "theories". You all need to PROVE that we are not a Christian nation.

    So lets go, Round 2!
    I explained previously why our forfathers, many of them freemason's, went to great lengths to make sure everyone understood that the nation did not endorse any diety over another. Obviously, they didn't go to go far enough as some people still don't seem to get it.

    What else can we do folks?

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #293
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Then why are you defending Christianity so ardently? Why do you even care about this issue?
    Because if this nation doesn't claim a religion then someone else will.

    Would you rather me defend Islam?
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  4. #294
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Man defends God. That's a hoot.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #295
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Because if this nation doesn't claim a religion then someone else will.

    Would you rather me defend Islam?
    Why does this nation have to claim a religion at all? We allow freedom of religion, which means we are secular.

    Regardless of your problems with Islam, do you honestly think that the US would really ever become an Islamic nation?

  6. #296
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I explained previously why our forfathers, many of them freemason's, went to great lengths to make sure everyone understood that the nation did not endorse any diety over another. Obviously, they didn't go to go far enough as some people still don't seem to get it.

    What else can we do folks?
    Were agreeing on the same thing but you all are in complete denial that the foundation of this country was built by Christianity. The founding fathers were Christians...why is that so hard to except?
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  7. #297
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Were agreeing on the same thing but you all are in complete denial that the foundation of this country was built by Christianity. The founding fathers were Christians...why is that so hard to except?
    No one is disagreeing with these points. However, that does NOT translate into this being a Christian Nation as that term would be normally defined. Why are YOU having such a hard time understanding THAT?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #298
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Because if this nation doesn't claim a religion then someone else will.

    Would you rather me defend Islam?
    This is a straw man argument and therefore an irrelevant logical fallacy. Try again.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #299
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Why does this nation have to claim a religion at all? We allow freedom of religion, which means we are secular.

    Regardless of your problems with Islam, do you honestly think that the US would really ever become an Islamic nation?
    Well that's the main prize in the eyes of Islam. But yeah, One day America will probably become an Islamic nation.(not in our lifetime) Islam is the one with the momentum, not us.
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  10. #300
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No one is disagreeing with these points. However, that does NOT translate into this being a Christian Nation as that term would be normally defined. Why are YOU having such a hard time understanding THAT?
    Well it's pretty obvious that you just want me to cease posting at all because we have two different opinions. I'm not doing anything different than the posters that disagree with me, yet you're not saying anything to them?
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •