Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 416

Thread: We are a Christian Nation....

  1. #271
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Then what sort of nation is it?
    It's a secular nation because we allow all religions. If we only allowed Christianity I could see your point, but that obviously isn't the case.

  2. #272
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    [quote=Morality Games;1058673500]
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    I've been showing evidence of a Christian America and i think it is YOU that should be proving other wise. You're the one that's in denial, not me.



    Because of the law.



    Variation of the first question. Because of the law.



    Because the probability curve that Christian employees will be public servants in a nation where a majority of the public are Christian is high.



    Some of them were Unitarians or deists.



    I would say non-Christian Americans appropriate Christian holidays for their own purposes. For them, Christmas is time off and an opportunity to visit family and friends they wouldn't otherwise see.
    AKA> Christian Nation> Majority Rules>
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  3. #273
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    [quote=PonyBoy;1058673541]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post

    AKA> Christian Nation> Majority Rules>
    According to whom? You? Sorry, but you don't define these things for all of us.

  4. #274
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    It's a secular nation because we allow all religions. If we only allowed Christianity I could see your point, but that obviously isn't the case.
    Now you're putting words in my mouth.

    The foundation of this nation was built on Christianity!
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  5. #275
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Sorry, what part of the US is based on purely Christian values?

    Dont get yourself confused between a Christian majority nation and a Christian Nation.

  6. #276
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    [quote=Dr_Patrick;1058673543]
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post

    According to whom? You? Sorry, but you don't define these things for all of us.
    Nope but the majority does!
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  7. #277
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    Sorry, what part of the US is based on purely Christian values?

    Dont get yourself confused between a Christian majority nation and a Christian Nation.
    You don't live here.
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  8. #278
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Now you're putting words in my mouth.

    The foundation of this nation was built on Christianity!
    Some of the tenets of this nation have a basis in Christianity. That still doesn't make it a Christian nation. Where in the Bible does it advocate freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the right to bare arms, etc.?

  9. #279
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    [quote=Dr_Patrick;1058673543]
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post

    According to whom? You? Sorry, but you don't define these things for all of us.
    I'm not sure why that is attributed as quoting me, but as for the statement itself:

    Majoriy doesn't rule.

    Any power the majority receives is given to them by the law, and that law prevents majorities from imposing their religous beliefs onto the national identity.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #280
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post

    Nope but the majority does!
    No it doesn't. Just because you say so, doesn't make it so. Again, I would see your point if 100% of the people were Christian and ALL of the foundations of this country were based in Christianity. However, that isn't the case. Deal with it.

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •