Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 416

Thread: We are a Christian Nation....

  1. #191
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So, your point is we are a nation of hypocrites then?

    Because we sure do not act like Jesus. How many people did Jesus torture? When did Jesus say that helping the poor was a communist plot? How many innocent people did Jesus kill to control their resources? Did Jesus defend the money changers? Did Jesus shun those whose sexual preferences were not the same as his own?
    Sadly that is true my left wing friend I am with sin but I cite the words of out lord and savior Jesus Christ when a harlot was about to be stoned to death said and I paraphrase "Let you without sin cast the first stone"


    Think about it my left wing friend.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #192
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    The Christian God? I don't recall the currency specifying which God it was referring to. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't instilled until the McCarthy era. Regardless of all of this, the fact that we celebrate freedom of religion is very telling. If we were a truly Christian nation, everyone would be a Christian and we wouldn't have religious freedom.
    This is what slightly bugs me. Much of the Christian Comments and Symbols used by the government were put into use in the 1950's in response to the Red Scare, trying to separate ourselves from the Communists in every way we could, no matter how stupid it was to do so on some things.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    He also believes that we are a "white country" because all of the founding fathers were white.
    Don't hijack this thread like you usually do my left wing friend.......No one commenting in this thread believes that........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #194
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    and don't forget male, they were all male
    That is terrible..
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #195
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you might be taken a little more seriously if you didn't preface every post you make with uncalled for remarks about what "the left" believes.

    for the record, we are a nation of many religiions, christianity being but one.
    I just tell the truth.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #196
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    It is ridiculous to say this is a Christian nation when there are official documents like the Treaty of Tripoli stating that we are not.
    How do you explain the examples I cited, especially the prayer by congress?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #197
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    This is what slightly bugs me. Much of the Christian Comments and Symbols used by the government were put into use in the 1950's in response to the Red Scare, trying to separate ourselves from the Communists in every way we could, no matter how stupid it was to do so on some things.
    It bugs me too. People used to cling tightly to religion during the Red Scare, lest they be considered a Communist. It's sad that there are still people who cling to this absurdly paranoid ideal.

  8. #198
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    How do you explain the examples I cited, especially the prayer by congress?
    So your going to ignore official documents explicitly saying that we are not a Christian Nation over what Congress personally and unofficially did before each work day?

    Congress also drank Tea during that time. Does that mean our nation was founded upon tea? Your connecting dots that aren't actually connected.

  9. #199
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    How do you explain the examples I cited, especially the prayer by congress?
    A variety of prayers are given at the start of the session, including Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist. Its not just Christian prayers.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #200
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Don't hijack this thread like you usually do my left wing friend.......No one commenting in this thread believes that........
    Sure they do. If you went back and followed the thread. He was arguing that since the majority, if not all, of the founding fathers were Christian, we are therefore a "Christian Country".

    The same logic would follow that since they were all white/male. We are therefore a "White male Country".
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •