Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 416

Thread: We are a Christian Nation....

  1. #111
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Yeah yeah, and?
    They managed to outlaw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #112
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    1. They didn't get slavery abolished even though most wanted to.

    What's the second Founders idea that you disagree with?
    Women's suffrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #113
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    They could have done it.
    Oh really? How would the Consitution have been ratified?


  4. #114
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Women's suffrage.
    Agreed.

    Anything besides civil rights and social issues? Do you agree with the foundation of our government (small central government, state sovereignty, no income tax, etc.)?


  5. #115
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    They managed to outlaw it.
    That's why God made Vegas.
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  6. #116
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Dude that was a ridiculous analogy.
    Exactly....as it your argument. It is the same argument.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #117
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Which southern states are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Oh really? How would the Consitution have been ratified?
    I asked you first.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #118
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Exactly....as it your argument. It is the same argument.
    Alright genius, Then what religion was this country built on?
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  9. #119
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Which southern states are you talking about?
    Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina threatened to leave the Convention if slave trade was banned.


  10. #120
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: We are a Christian Nation....

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I asked you first.
    Huh? You're the one who said that they could've abolished slavery. I said they couldn't have because we wouldn't have ratified the Constitution. So....how do you suppose they could've done it without causing a civil war?


Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •