Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 447

Thread: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

  1. #51
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    Thank you Captain America
    Are you saying that not all threats against the United States should be a legitimate concern?

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    Are you saying that not all threats against the United States should be a legitimate concern?
    If they are done through a forum like youtube, then no those threats should not be taken seriously.

  3. #53
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    If they are done through a forum like youtube, then no those threats should not be taken seriously.
    What if the non-serious threat came from Twitter?

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's not that people are OK with it, it is that things like that are inevitable. Our military does tend to do all it absolutely can to minimize mistakes, but they will happen. From my watching, it looks like mistakes where clearly made, with tragic results. It's sad, but in war, these things do happen. It is impossible to describe the stress these young men are under, and knowing that mistakes the wrong way can result in their friends dying, well, you can understand why they tend to err towards tending to be overaggressive.
    To call apache pilots kids, is very wrong. Most Air Force pilots spend like four or five years in college getting their degrees in the sciences or engineering so they are typically 22 or 23 when they get out and are accepted into Air Force school, which the training takes like a year for them to graduate. And the majority of pilots in the air force are in their 30s. So they are not kids.
    Also its 2007 not 2003, the chances of the pilots being shot down by some SAM is downright not likely. What I saw were a pair of idiots who were eager to shoot at something. Those pilots were not acting as adults but teens straight out of highschool who enlisted in the marines or army infantry.
    It was downright dispicable for the pilots to act the way they did and if I was in charge I would kick them out of the armed forces and send them to prison for not beng professional enough.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    What if the non-serious threat came from Twitter?
    I still wouldn't take it seriously. Most people who make threats on the internet don't have any substance to back it up.

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    To call apache pilots kids, is very wrong. Most Air Force pilots spend like four or five years in college getting their degrees in the sciences or engineering so they are typically 22 or 23 when they get out and are accepted into Air Force school, which the training takes like a year for them to graduate. And the majority of pilots in the air force are in their 30s. So they are not kids.
    Also its 2007 not 2003, the chances of the pilots being shot down by some SAM is downright not likely. What I saw were a pair of idiots who were eager to shoot at something. Those pilots were not acting as adults but teens straight out of highschool who enlisted in the marines or army infantry.
    It was downright dispicable for the pilots to act the way they did and if I was in charge I would kick them out of the armed forces and send them to prison for not beng professional enough.
    I called them "young men" not kids. There is a difference, and they are very much young men.

    I am not talking about the chance of being shot down, but the chance that ground forces being attacked and killed by targets not killed. The Apache mission was happening because US ground forces where coming under fire from insurgents in the area.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #57
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    I still wouldn't take it seriously. Most people who make threats on the internet don't have any substance to back it up.
    Because your avatar is a picture of the hottest woman on earth, I'll agree with you.

  8. #58
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I called them "young men" not kids. There is a difference, and they are very much young men.

    I am not talking about the chance of being shot down, but the chance that ground forces being attacked and killed by targets not killed. The Apache mission was happening because US ground forces where coming under fire from insurgents in the area.
    So you're saying there's a chance the 'gruesome' attack may have indeed saved the lives of other U.S. soldiers at a future date and time?

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I called them "young men" not kids. There is a difference, and they are very much young men.

    I am not talking about the chance of being shot down, but the chance that ground forces being attacked and killed by targets not killed. The Apache mission was happening because US ground forces where coming under fire from insurgents in the area.
    And they must have been some hell of insurgents because they managed to kill how many during the year 2007 in Iraq? Not too many.....if any.....

  10. #60
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Leaked footage from Apache showing "US military slaughter" in Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    And they must have been some hell of insurgents because they managed to kill how many during the year 2007 in Iraq? Not too many.....if any.....
    The U.S. military is damn good, that's why...

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •