My assessment is that:
1) there were friendly forces in the area
2) there was a group of Iraqi men with weapons (at least one clearly visible)
3) the Iraqi men were on move and some of their movements were suspicious
4) the American pilots seemed overly anxious and cheerful at the prospect of killing
5) several minutes passed and a van of what appears to be unarmed civilians come to help an obviously seriously wounded man
6) I can see no justification for shooting the van and it's occupants
**** happens in war but there are problems with this engagement.