Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 382

Thread: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

  1. #81
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    For some you're right, nothing will ever be good enough - and that's ok. For others, perhaps like this Lt. Col., it might have been enough. And what is perfectly reasonable to you, may not be to someone else... it's subjective and highly individualized..
    The law isn't though. That's why we have laws.

  2. #82
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Because there were more questions (and are still) about his origins than any other president before him. Why not clear the issue unless there's a benefit to continuing the conspiracy.
    Perhaps he thinks its stupid and ridiculous?

  3. #83
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i think he went to pakistan, a college trip. so?
    Maybe that was it. I dunno seen much on it. Someone was just argueing he went somewhere in 1981 where Americans couldn't legally travel. Wondering if there is any merit to it.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  4. #84
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    The law isn't though. That's why we have laws.
    I disagree. Laws are left to interpretation and the evidence as presented by lawyers. Depending on who is the judge or what make up the jury has and who's done a better job at picking a jury - either civil or criminal, the law is certainly subjective and subject to politics as well as bribery, witness tampering, etc. The law is by no means perfect, infallible or at times, even fair.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #85
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Perhaps he thinks its stupid and ridiculous?
    Certainly seems plausible. He may dismiss it as a passing fad, however, just a cursory look at conspiracy theories shows they hang on a long time. It's probably not wise to dismiss it so easily as I think he's doing.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #86
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I disagree. Laws are left to interpretation and the evidence as presented by lawyers. Depending on who is the judge or what make up the jury has and who's done a better job at picking a jury - either civil or criminal, the law is certainly subjective and subject to politics as well as bribery, witness tampering, etc. The law is by no means perfect, infallible or at times, even fair.
    Sure, but the law in this particular matter isn't at issue.

  7. #87
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post

    But how did he make thousands of copies of the newspaper with that fake birth announcment and sneak it into every library on earth, including microfilm? That had to take at least a week of careful planning. Very impressive.
    Or......the use of a time machine to go back and have Obama's birth announcement printed in two Hawaiian newspapers.

    Adds a little sci-fi intrigue to the story I think!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #88
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Or......the use of a time machine to go back and have Obama's birth announcement printed in two Hawaiian newspapers.

    Adds a little sci-fi intrigue to the story I think!
    A time machine! Of course! I hadn't thought of that. Those sneaky liberals have a time machine!

  9. #89
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Or......the use of a time machine to go back and have Obama's birth announcement printed in two Hawaiian newspapers.

    Adds a little sci-fi intrigue to the story I think!
    Hawaiian newspapers don't prove birthplace

    The announcements of Barack Obama's birth printed by two Hawaii newspapers in 1961 do not provide solid proof of a birth in the Aloha State because of uncertainties over the policies and procedures that apparently were being used at the time.

    The Honolulu Star-Bulletin, for example, according to its website, now reprints birth information it receives from Hawaii's Department of Health.

    "We don't have an editor who handles birth and marriage announcements; we print what we receive from the Department of Health Vital Statistics System," a Star-Bulletin newsroom operator explained to WND.

    The operator said, "This is how we've always done it."

    Demand the truth by joining the petition campaign to make President Obama reveal his long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate!

    The newspaper's "proof" of birth, therefore, could be based on a state-issued "Certification of Live Birth" which, as WND has reported is insufficient alone, even for some State Department officials, to document the birthplace.

    Many people remain unaware a child does not even have to be born in Hawaii to receive a Certification of Live Birth, the very "evidence" the White House has cited in defending its assertion Obama was born in Hawaii.

    Hawaiian law specifically allows "an adult or the legal parents of a minor child" to apply to the health department and, upon unspecified proof, be given the birth document.

    The only requirement for proof cited in the law doesn't address the birth of the child either, just "that the legal parents of such individual while living without Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child."

    Complicating the situation somewhat is the affirmation from a woman in the Star-Bulletin newsroom who did not identify herself that the birth listings today contain just a child's name, no home address. The 1961 newspaper announcements also did not carry the name of the child.

    The unanswered question, since the Obama announcement carried an address and no name, was whether the state provided addresses at one time and stopped, and didn't provide the name, or whether the information was obtained in some other fashion. Or was there another procedure to transmit information different from what now is released through the Certification of Live Birth that state officials say is the only document they now provide?

    Likewise, the Honolulu Advertiser, which ran a Barack Obama birth announcement in the Aug. 13, 1961, Sunday Advertiser, relies on the state-issued certification, rather than reporting from hospitals.

    The Advertiser's Marsha McFadden told WND at the time of Obama's birth announcement, the newspaper got all of its information from the state Department of Health. That would include the address.

    "If we published it, it came from the state," she said.

    She said today's rules are different. Anyone can submit information for announcements but the newspaper requires a birth document to verify. It also no longer uses addresses.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #90
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Well of course! So this is how they did it - they annointed little baby Barack the secret Muslim posing as the Messiah, and they planted birth announcements knowing that someday he'd need to be a natural-born citizen to run for President. The conspiracy has been going since the day he was born in Kenya!


Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •