Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 382

Thread: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

  1. #341
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,292

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Yeah that was addressing his grievance. They apparently took a look at the merits and denied his requests. That is addressing it.

    He had to be silenced? He missed his movement. Are you suggesting that all soldiers should just disobey orders just because?

    This country is looking like the soviet union? That has to be one of the most unamerican sore loser things I've ever seen you write.

    So, the response, in your opinion, to his excercise of his rights is to court martial him? That's just nuts.

    Can you point to any existing precedence where a soldier was allowed to have their grievance addressed directly by the president? Especially anyone below a general
    How many soldiers refused to deploy because they felt that Iraq was an illegal war and how many of them were sent to prison for obviously being derelict in their duty? I await your answer. I seem to remember Libbos far and wide supporting their decisions. I bet you were one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #342
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, the response, in your opinion, to his excercise of his rights is to court martial him? That's just nuts.
    No nuts is filing a grievance based on misinformation. Larkin has no proof of his accusations. He was court martialed for missing his movement not for exercising his rights to be a dick.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many soldiers refused to deploy because they felt that Iraq was an illegal war and how many of them were sent to prison for obviously being derelict in their duty? I await your answer. I seem to remember Libbos far and wide supporting their decisions. I bet you were one of them.
    I'm not a "libbo" there is no such thing as a libbo. Stop making up stupid words. Is a libbo someone who is a fan of Liberace? Maybe you'd fit into that category. I seem to recall about 8000 deserters of the Iraq war.

    USATODAY.com - 8,000 desert during Iraq war

    This is from 2006. So by your logic 8000 deserters would be an embarrassment to George Bush.

    So far I've heard of 2 cases of soldiers refusing to deploy because of them being birthers.

    Many of the deserters ended up returning some were arrested some were court martialed.

    So is it your personal contention that if you hate the president you can just ignore orders? You don't get it even if Obama was ineligible, Lakin would still have no case as his orders were facially valid and came from his commanders.

  3. #343
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Aside from the issue of this guy challenging the legitimacy of superiors, which is a disgrace to fundamental to military discipline, you have to wonder about a military officer that is willing to go on a suicide mission of which has zero probability of success and no real upside even if successful. Even if he believes this garbage (which makes me question his intelligence or at least stability), I would like to think our military officers know how to assess a battle and pick the right ones to fight.

    They should run this guy out of the military just on his lack of judgment and questionable intelligence.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 04-25-10 at 02:27 PM.

  4. #344
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,292

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Aside from the issue of this guy challenging the legitimacy of superiors, which is a disgrace to fundamental to military discipline, you have to wonder about a military officer that is willing to go on a suicide mission of which has zero probability of success and no real upside even if successful. I don't know about you, but I'd like to think our officers have more intelligence than this and know how to pick the right battle to fight.

    They should run this guy out of the military just on his lack of judgment and questionable intelligence.
    When are the Libbos going to get the picture? It's a soldier's right to ask those questions.

    But, instead, you all support persecuting anyone that dares question The Messiah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #345
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When are the Libbos going to get the picture? It's a soldier's right to ask those questions.

    But, instead, you all support persecuting anyone that dares question The Messiah.
    No, it is not the solider's right to question the authority of his superiors, especially those several levels up the chain of command.

  6. #346
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,292

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    No nuts is filing a grievance based on misinformation. Larkin has no proof of his accusations. He was court martialed for missing his movement not for exercising his rights to be a dick.
    That misinformation should be cleared up, once and for all.

    I'm not a "libbo" there is no such thing as a libbo. Stop making up stupid words. Is a libbo someone who is a fan of Liberace? Maybe you'd fit into that category. I seem to recall about 8000 deserters of the Iraq war.

    USATODAY.com - 8,000 desert during Iraq war

    This is from 2006. So by your logic 8000 deserters would be an embarrassment to George Bush.

    So far I've heard of 2 cases of soldiers refusing to deploy because of them being birthers.

    Many of the deserters ended up returning some were arrested some were court martialed.

    So is it your personal contention that if you hate the president you can just ignore orders? You don't get it even if Obama was ineligible, Lakin would still have no case as his orders were facially valid and came from his commanders.
    Those 8 grand are just a buncha cowards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #347
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,292

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    No, it is not the solider's right to question the authority of his superiors, especially those several levels up the chain of command.
    It is a soldier's right to question the authority of his superiors. You folks just don't get it, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #348
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That misinformation should be cleared up, once and for all.
    It has been cleared up over 60 times with cases continually dismissed. It was cleared up when congress certified the election. It was cleared up when Chief Justice Roberts swore him in.


    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Those 8 grand are just a buncha cowards.
    And yet using your logic those 8,000 would be more of an embarrassment than the 2 people in the military questioning Obama's legitimacy.

  9. #349
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It is a soldier's right to question the authority of his superiors. You folks just don't get it, do you?
    Invalid orders. Not facially valid orders. They can question their commanders but where has there been precedence that someone like Lakin has a right to have his issues addressed by the president?

    You don't get it apdst that's why he's being court martialed

  10. #350
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,292

    Re: Army 'showdown' at eligibility corral. Lt. Col. asks for birth cert.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    It has been cleared up over 60 times with cases continually dismissed. It was cleared up when congress certified the election. It was cleared up when Chief Justice Roberts swore him in.
    But, never once addressed by their commander. If Obama had any honor, he would address it himself, rather than letting lawyers and judges run interfearance for him.



    And yet using your logic those 8,000 would be more of an embarrassment than the 2 people in the military questioning Obama's legitimacy.
    They deserted because of their cowardice, not their concern about their commander's legitimate authority. Big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •