Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 272

Thread: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    That would depend on whether one is here to baffle us with his BS, or here for honest debate.
    YOUR OP was not honest debate, so what were you expecting. You make a declaration of the person as a traitor, something technically they are not, in the subject line. You post a link to a story and then immedietely ignore the story and make the OP more about her being a terrorist supporter, a traitor, and saying she should be in jail if Bush was in office. There was no honesty in what your intent for this thread was from the very moment you typed the subject line.

  2. #52
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    First, there are no personal insults.

    Second, I was addressing the topic. YOUR use of idiotic over the top rhetoric was in the topic, and the subject. Your accusations of her being a terrorist supporter or a traitor is as much the topic as her actions against Rove, because you CHOSE to use those words rather than focus on the story. Which was entirely my point.
    Why do people have such a hard time with the concept of the importance of presentation? If you choose to use over the top rhetoric, you are just going to be dismissed, and not just this post, but everything else you post for awhile will be tainted.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #53
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do people have such a hard time with the concept of the importance of presentation? If you choose to use over the top rhetoric, you are just going to be dismissed, and not just this post, but everything else you post for awhile will be tainted.
    And why is it that a LOT of people of a certain ideology cannot present their views without coming across as a-holes? Is it in the water?

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #54
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    And why is it that a LOT of people of a certain ideology cannot present their views without coming across as a-holes? Is it in the water?
    Eh, there are a fair share of assholes on both sides. Don't wanna get into that debate, it's never pretty.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    And why is it that a LOT of people of a certain ideology cannot present their views without coming across as a-holes? Is it in the water?
    Oh give me a break Captain. Go check out the Media Bias threads, just about anything with Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh. Its not a "certain" ideology, its all ideologies, you just enjoy...much like Dana...reveling in it whenever a conservative/republican does it because you're so disenchanted by something you once held as your side.

    Especially in recent months, the influx of the liberal wing of the hyper partisan club has came out in an equally as strong force as new posters have arrived.

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Oh give me a break Captain. Go check out the Media Bias threads, just about anything with Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh. Its not a "certain" ideology, its all ideologies, you just enjoy...much like Dana...reveling in it whenever a conservative/republican does it because you're so disenchanted by something you once held as your side.

    Especially in recent months, the influx of the liberal wing of the hyper partisan club has came out in an equally as strong force as new posters have arrived.
    You might want to go see the latest thread there. Again, it's both sides.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #57
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Eh, there are a fair share of assholes on both sides. Don't wanna get into that debate, it's never pretty.
    Wouldn't it be interesting to have a graph chart charting which side made the most asnine statements and which one threw the first flame war punch in any given threads/posts?

    Myself, I don't need a graph to tell me what I already know. But some people insist on a link.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #58
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Wouldn't it be interesting to have a graph chart charting which side made the most asnine statements and which one threw the first flame war punch in any given threads/posts?

    Myself, I don't need a graph to tell me what I already know. But some people insist on a link.
    To me that misses the whole point of debate though. Debate as pissing contest is not the best plan.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You might want to go see the latest thread there. Again, it's both sides.
    That's what I'm saying. Both sides do it. I just knew of a number of threads recently by Liberals there that were good examples of it. Wasn't saying conservatives don't start any there either. Both sides have their amount of people that have no desire for legitimate honest debate but simply want to scream their rhetoric at people to pick a fight.

  10. #60
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Traitor Accosts Karl Rove at Book Signing

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Both sides do it. I just knew of a number of threads recently by Liberals there that were good examples of it. Wasn't saying conservatives don't start any there either. Both sides have their amount of people that have no desire for legitimate honest debate but simply want to scream their rhetoric at people to pick a fight.
    Absolutely. Both sides do it.

    As for which side accuses just the other side of doing it more often, that's another story.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •