Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 252

Thread: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

  1. #231
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Considering a source is critical thinking, not a logical fallacy. But I would love to hear specifically what logical fallacy he is committing.
    Poisoning the well? A negative appeal to emotion?

    And dismissing a poll because it was commissioned by Fox News is neither critical thinking or a logical argument.

    But you knew this...
    Last edited by Conservative Sword; 04-10-10 at 01:57 AM.

  2. #232
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Sword View Post
    Poisoning the well?

    And dismissing a poll because it was commissioned by Fox News is neither critical thinking or a logical argument.

    But you knew this...
    Fox News has a history of manipulating polls.

    Confronted with clear falsehood, Fox News scraps its "zero tolerance" policy | Media Matters for America

    As such, its polls have no credibility.

  3. #233
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Fox News has a history of manipulating polls.

    Confronted with clear falsehood, Fox News scraps its "zero tolerance" policy | Media Matters for America

    As such, its polls have no credibility.
    I know you're tempting me with the Media Matters bit...lol.

    And you're misrepresenting Media Matters compaint. Their complaint is against Fox News reporting of poll results. Not that the polls commissioned by Fox News has been manipulated to achieve desired results...you know, like ABCNews, NBCNews, CBSNews, et al do everytime they oversample Democrats but don't disclose that when reporting their own polling results.

    Next?

  4. #234
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Sword View Post
    I know you're tempting me with the Media Matters bit...lol.

    And you're misrepresenting Media Matters compaint. Their complaint is against Fox News reporting of poll results. Not that the polls commissioned by Fox News has been manipulated to achieve desired results...you know, like ABCNews, NBCNews, CBSNews, et al do everytime they oversample Democrats but don't disclose that when reporting their own polling results.

    Next?
    You say these things. But offer absolutely no evidence. Please find me some. I'll wait right here

  5. #235
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You say these things. But offer absolutely no evidence. Please find me some. I'll wait right here
    What?

    Huh?

    You don't say...

    My point being that the poster attacking the results of a poll commissioned by Fox News only because it was commissioned by Fox News is an illogical argument.

    Further, misrepresenting the Media Matters article and pretending it says anything about the validity of the polls commissioned by Fos News is not only not illogical, but it's dishonest.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I wonder why the left hates big business so much.......Hell most of the CEOs are democrats and liberals like Bill Gates.....Why would you hate your own kind?

    You would think they would want big business to be successful because they are the people that do the hiring....When Obama sticks big tax programs on them they are forced to lay off people........I wonder if any of these lefties were hired by someone who is poor.........
    Anybody who isn't a republican sellout should dislike big business. Big business is inherently corrupt and in need of a foot up its ass.

  7. #237
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Anybody who isn't a republican sellout should dislike big business. Big business is inherently corrupt and in need of a foot up its ass.
    Oh? Then why did Obama and the Democrats insert into Obamacare preferential tax treatment for Kaiser Permanente and Tufts Health which exempts each from 50% of the excise tax levied on insurance plans?

    Or the nearly $900 million to Tennessee hosptials?

    Obama and Democrats...Republican sellouts.

    Sincerely,
    Vader

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Sword View Post
    Poisoning the well? A negative appeal to emotion?

    And dismissing a poll because it was commissioned by Fox News is neither critical thinking or a logical argument.

    But you knew this...
    I was making an appeal to emotional intelligence, something which you lack.

  9. #239
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Sword View Post
    What?

    Huh?

    You don't say...

    My point being that the poster attacking the results of a poll commissioned by Fox News only because it was commissioned by Fox News is an illogical argument.

    Further, misrepresenting the Media Matters article and pretending it says anything about the validity of the polls commissioned by Fos News is not only not illogical, but it's dishonest.
    What crap is this? You're using a blog as your facts?

    I'm gonna need a whiskey.

  10. #240
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    That is not true, your boy Barry brags that a person can sigh up with pre condition conditions.........
    a link please....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •