Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 716

Thread: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

  1. #651
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am with those veteran's and active duty people who support allowing gays to serve openly. We have some of both, so you need to stop with the whole "you don't understand the military" crap.

    My FRA lodge got a letter back that 200 of our 207 members signed asking that active duty members be allowed to resign and receive some type of annuity if DADT is overthrown......It was signed by the Under Secretary and he said if that happened they would look into it........I will try and get a copy at our next lodge meeting and post it her.............

    As far as you knowing more vets then me.....I have forgotten more vets then you will ever know.........I won't get in a pissing contest with EX junior petty officer though.....Its undignified...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #652
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    My FRA lodge got a letter back that 200 of our 207 members signed asking that active duty members be allowed to resign and receive some type of annuity if DADT is overthrown......It was signed by the Under Secretary and he said if that happened they would look into it........I will try and get a copy at our next lodge meeting and post it her.............

    As far as you knowing more vets then me.....I have forgotten more vets then you will ever know.........I won't get in a pissing contest with EX junior petty officer though.....Its undignified...........
    Your FRA lodge is not going to have any luck with that. It just will not happen, nor should it. There is no basis for the military doing anything like that.

    I never said I knew more vets. Why do you have to make stuff up?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #653
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your FRA lodge is not going to have any luck with that. It just will not happen, nor should it. There is no basis for the military doing anything like that.

    I never said I knew more vets. Why do you have to make stuff up?
    No offense but I will stick with the word of the Under Secretary of Navy before yours OK..........

    As far as vets go I really could not figure out what you were saying......
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 04-15-10 at 05:54 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #654
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    No offense but I will stick with the word of the Under Secretary of Navy before yours OK..........

    As far as vets go I really could not figure out what you were saying......
    What I am saying is you claim that vets oppose letting gays serve openly, but in point of fact, a fair number of support it.

    The undersecretary of the Navy said he would "look into it". He may do just that, but it will not happen. Nowhere in the agreement to join any branch of the military does it say you will not have to serve with openly gay people.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #655
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What I am saying is you claim that vets oppose letting gays serve openly, but in point of fact, a fair number of support it.

    The undersecretary of the Navy said he would "look into it". He may do just that, but it will not happen. Nowhere in the agreement to join any branch of the military does it say you will not have to serve with openly gay people.
    well I think 200 out of 207 is a pretty big margin against it..........

    We shall see what happens....If the active duty members are not treated with the respect they deserve if DADT is overthrown all of the FRAs might go together in a class action suit...........You see this a big thing to the Navy we love and served in..........stay tuned............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #656
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    well I think 200 out of 207 is a pretty big margin against it..........

    We shall see what happens....If the active duty members are not treated with the respect they deserve if DADT is overthrown all of the FRAs might go together in a class action suit...........You see this a big thing to the Navy we love and served in..........stay tuned............
    I just have this hilarious mental image of that lawsuit.

    Judge asks clerk what first case it today. Clerk says "well, we got this class action lawsuit filed on behalf of sailors, worried that some day, maybe, on occasion, possibly, under certain circumstances, it is not impossible that some one might check out their junk in the shower. They want any sailor who chooses to be allowed to get out with an honorable and separation pay."
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #657
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I just have this hilarious mental image of that lawsuit.

    Judge asks clerk what first case it today. Clerk says "well, we got this class action lawsuit filed on behalf of sailors, worried that some day, maybe, on occasion, possibly, under certain circumstances, it is not impossible that some one might check out their junk in the shower. They want any sailor who chooses to be allowed to get out with an honorable and separation pay."
    Even though you served in the Navy for a short period of time you are really clueless about what it is all about......Like the naming of a brand new ship.....You could care less what they name it.......A lot of us know heroes who have died for this country and are much more deserving then somewhen who betrayed the military...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #658
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Even though you served in the Navy for a short period of time you are really clueless about what it is all about......Like the naming of a brand new ship.....You could care less what they name it.......A lot of us know heroes who have died for this country and are much more deserving then somewhen who betrayed the military...........
    And when all else fails, Navy falls right back to calling names and minimizing the service of others.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #659
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And when all else fails, Navy falls right back to calling names and minimizing the service of others.
    If that offends you I apologize but all I can go by is what you type and when you basically say its no big deal what you name a ship or I don't care what how the straight guys feel about DADT if its overturned..Just get use to it..Then I can tell your clueless.........

    Maybe its because aboard ship you were part of a transient squadron.....You were not ships company and have no idea how that feels..Your allegiance was to the squadron not to the ship you were on.......You might feel different otherwise.........

    I had 2 AK2s working for me aboard the USS SACRAMENTO (AOE-1) who were also part of the Helo detachment......They were a lot like you in that they had no feel what it was like to be ships company.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #660
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If that offends you I apologize but all I can go by is what you type and when you basically say its no big deal what you name a ship or I don't care what how the straight guys feel about DADT if its overturned..Just get use to it..Then I can tell your clueless.........

    Maybe its because aboard ship you were part of a transient squadron.....You were not ships company and have no idea how that feels..Your allegiance was to the squadron not to the ship you were on.......You might feel different otherwise.........

    I had 2 AK2s working for me aboard the USS SACRAMENTO (AOE-1) who were also part of the Helo detachment......They were a lot like you in that they had no feel what it was like to be ships company.............
    Navy, I could have served aboard the Reagan and it would not have bothered me. Should democrats be excused from serving about ships named for republicans, or vice versa? The ship is important. It's history and tradition is important. The name is just what is painted on the side. And for some one who does not care about what other sailors think, I actually said if it bothered people, change it. Give it up, namecalling and putdowns are not debate Navy. And after this ****, I don't want to ever hear you bitch about people talking about you, your service, or going off topic again. It's hypocritical.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •