Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 716

Thread: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

  1. #501
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    you drop DADT these situations are going to come up whether you like it or not.........Its called pushing the envelope............
    __________________You can call anything a slippery slope..........
    You are using the slippery slope argument, again. And it's a logical fallacy. A lame one too.

    These situations will come up, and we can easily say no to them.

  2. #502
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    So a crossdresser can wear female clothes to work in your navy?
    Where did I say that Navy? I said there was a dress code. Please do try and keep up, and please stop trying to make up stuff.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #503
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If you drop DADT these situations are going to come up whether you like it or not.........Its called pushing the envelope............
    Fine then we can all just wait for them to come up after DADT is repealed, along with the rules that actually make homosexuality against the UCMJ. I, personally don't think it will really come up in the very near future. Most cross-dressers are okay with keeping their life private. And they aren't being discharged for cross-dressing in their private lives, or at least I couldn't find any incidence of a cross-dresser being discharged for just being a cross-dresser.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #504
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh great...so we're right back to, "teh gays will eye **** me because I'm so luscious they can't help themselves".

    I swear...if you guys only knew how that, in and of itself, makes you so unattractive to start with. It also sounds really, really gay...
    I'm sorry, the way you worded your comment is kind of funny.

    The fact is, gay people do not have some special ability over straight men and women to fight back any and all "eye ****." If I were showering with a bunch of women, surely a few of them would be attractive to me. More certainly would I then make a few rounds of eye ****.

    Have you ever heard of quantum physics? One of the things about it are that at any given time, any and all possible scenarios can exist at the same time. For example, you put a cat in a box and close it. Then you ask yourself, is the cat dead? It could be. It could also be alive. If it were dead, you wouldn't know it and depending on how much you liked the cat -- at that given time -- there would be no reason to get all upset about a dead cat. Because the cat is both alive and dead at the same time.

    Now, you open the box and look inside, and you see that indeed the cat is dead. If you liked the cat, all of a sudden you have reason to be upset. Because the cat is most certainly dead.

    The same can be said of showering with straight and gay men; in one scenario the gay men are not public about their sexual preference, in the other scenario they are public. What the second scenario does is 'opens the box', per say, and everyone who sees what is inside the box is therefore affected in one way or another, if even very slightly.

    Does that make more sense?

  5. #505
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    I'm sorry, the way you worded your comment is kind of funny.

    The fact is, gay people do not have some special ability over straight men and women to fight back any and all "eye ****." If I were showering with a bunch of women, surely a few of them would be attractive to me. More certainly would I then make a few rounds of eye ****.

    Have you ever heard of quantum physics? One of the things about it are that at any given time, any and all possible scenarios can exist at the same time. For example, you put a cat in a box and close it. Then you ask yourself, is the cat dead? It could be. It could also be alive. If it were dead, you wouldn't know it and depending on how much you liked the cat -- at that given time -- there would be no reason to get all upset about a dead cat. Because the cat is both alive and dead at the same time.

    Now, you open the box and look inside, and you see that indeed the cat is dead. If you liked the cat, all of a sudden you have reason to be upset. Because the cat is most certainly dead.

    The same can be said of showering with straight and gay men; in one scenario the gay men are not public about their sexual preference, in the other scenario they are public. What the second scenario does is 'opens the box', per say, and everyone who sees what is inside the box is therefore affected in one way or another, if even very slightly.

    Does that make more sense?
    Yeah, when you don't know if anyone is gay, EVERYONE could be gay. So you can relax because you don't know if the guy naked next to you is gay or not. Whereas if you know who the gays are, you have to be scared.

    I'm confused. There's supposed to be a cat in a box somewhere named Shrodinger.

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    I'm sorry, the way you worded your comment is kind of funny.
    It was meant to be. My humor is very sarcastic most of the time.

    Does that make more sense?
    I understand your point. I really do. I just think it's a bit inflated compared to the reality of the situation.

  7. #507
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Now I feel strange every time I shower in the locker room, because you never know when a gay will be there. Don't ask, don't tell is the normal situation in everyday life, after all. Nobody goes around with a nametag that says "I'm gay." So now I'm creeped out. Thanks homophobes for making me always have to look over my shoulder. Eeeew! Homos!

  8. #508
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    I'm sorry, the way you worded your comment is kind of funny.

    The fact is, gay people do not have some special ability over straight men and women to fight back any and all "eye ****." If I were showering with a bunch of women, surely a few of them would be attractive to me. More certainly would I then make a few rounds of eye ****.

    Have you ever heard of quantum physics? One of the things about it are that at any given time, any and all possible scenarios can exist at the same time. For example, you put a cat in a box and close it. Then you ask yourself, is the cat dead? It could be. It could also be alive. If it were dead, you wouldn't know it and depending on how much you liked the cat -- at that given time -- there would be no reason to get all upset about a dead cat. Because the cat is both alive and dead at the same time.

    Now, you open the box and look inside, and you see that indeed the cat is dead. If you liked the cat, all of a sudden you have reason to be upset. Because the cat is most certainly dead.

    The same can be said of showering with straight and gay men; in one scenario the gay men are not public about their sexual preference, in the other scenario they are public. What the second scenario does is 'opens the box', per say, and everyone who sees what is inside the box is therefore affected in one way or another, if even very slightly.

    Does that make more sense?
    Don't take this wrong, it's just a pet peave. Your description of Schrödinger's cat is highly inaccurate and is only a thought experiment. It does not actually apply to things larger than particles.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #509
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Now I feel strange every time I shower in the locker room, because you never know when a gay will be there. Don't ask, don't tell is the normal situation in everyday life, after all. Nobody goes around with a nametag that says "I'm gay." So now I'm creeped out. Thanks homophobes for making me always have to look over my shoulder. Eeeew! Homos!
    Look at it the other way though. It could be "OOO! Lesbians".

    And why is it whenever these discussions come up, it's all about men and not women?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #510
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Look at it the other way though. It could be "OOO! Lesbians".

    And why is it whenever these discussions come up, it's all about men and not women?
    Because two women together is kind of hot.

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •