Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 716

Thread: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

  1. #471
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by KOV03 View Post
    you always have assumptions assume this assume that and then blah blah blah blah.
    You say they need to address the cross-dressers also, and it should be left to the military. To me the issue is identical to gays in the military. It's all become political and not left to the military.
    Prove that this is a comparative issue to gays serving openly, then we can debate it.

    Even checking some cross-dressing websites, most cross-dressers would like to cross-dress in uniform, but can control themselves enough to be happy with just doing it in private, or they underdress. I cannot find a single issue to ever come up dealing with cross-dressing in the military. In fact, I can't even find a case of someone being discharged from the military for being a cross-dresser, when not in uniform. Of course, most cross-dressers are even more secretive about that side of their life than homosexuals, so that may account for it. Society, in general, looks down on cross-dressing especially M2F cross-dressing, even more than it does homosexuality. This is the main reason why people mistakenly believe that all or most cross-dressers must be gay. It is just widely misunderstood everywhere.

    Wearing a military uniform is about professionalism, so even if there were cross-dressers that were allowed to cross-dress, they would still be required to wear the uniform of the opposite sex and obey the regulations dealing with wearing the uniform of the opposite sex.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    If I'm showering with a gay person, I'd rather not know they were gay and not know that there's a chance they are attracted to me. If you're not gay, just imagine yourself showering with someone you know is gay and quite possibly attracted to your hard-bodied, military physique.
    Oh great...so we're right back to, "teh gays will eye **** me because I'm so luscious they can't help themselves".

    I swear...if you guys only knew how that, in and of itself, makes you so unattractive to start with. It also sounds really, really gay...

  3. #473
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    I guess I just can't understand because I don't have this issue - I've tried imagining how I'd feel if in a similar situation but I can't imagine it would bother me at all.

    Likely - if I was possibly being admired by the same sex I'd like my boobs to be balanced and properly seated to complete the 'look but you can't touch' presentation. When you're a bit chubby that's easier said than done. LOL
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 03-31-10 at 06:52 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #474
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh great...so we're right back to, "teh gays will eye **** me because I'm so luscious they can't help themselves".

    I swear...if you guys only knew how that, in and of itself, makes you so unattractive to start with. It also sounds really, really gay...
    Since we are talking about gays and now transvestites, it reminds me of a pre-op tranny I knew when I was 19 who went by the name Ricky(yes, I did have an odd life when I was younger). His comment was something like this "hun, ain't no strait guy around knows how to please me".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #475
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    It's not about avoiding your fellow soldiers, it's about keeping it professional and strictly on the mission. If the mission was to discover each everyone one of your fellow soldiers sexuality, then I guess it would make sense. Also - I'd rather not know and not feel uncomfortable to the point where I'd actually avoid certain situations with someone.

    If I'm showering with a gay person, I'd rather not know they were gay and not know that there's a chance they are attracted to me. If you're not gay, just imagine yourself showering with someone you know is gay and quite possibly attracted to your hard-bodied, military physique. If the gay man even looked in your direction, the level of awkwardness would skyrocket. Why would anyone, including gay men, want those who they are around to feel uncomfortable in a given situation?

    I get the feeling that the feeling of uncomfortableness I would have in the above scenario would be exactly the same thing if men and women in the military were forced to shower and sleep together. In terms of sexual preference, it's exactly the same thing.
    Whenever you want to reply to this post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Easy:

    Homosexual behavior due to genetics and environmental factors | Eureka! Science News



    BBC NEWS | Health | How homosexuality is 'inherited'



    Homosexuality: Nature or Nurture in AllPsych Journal



    I showed you mine. Now show me yours. The problem with your argument is that it hinges on the false belief that a person can simply choose to be gay or straight. They can't. No more than you and I can choose to be straight. What we can choose is what lifestyles we want to lead. A person can choose to live a lifestyle of heterosexuality and remain gay. The same goes for a gay person who chooses to live a heterosexual lifestyle. What can not be simply chosen is which sex you are attracted to. This is determined by genetic and environmental factors.



    See above.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #476
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    It's not about avoiding your fellow soldiers, it's about keeping it professional and strictly on the mission. If the mission was to discover each everyone one of your fellow soldiers sexuality, then I guess it would make sense. Also - I'd rather not know and not feel uncomfortable to the point where I'd actually avoid certain situations with someone.

    If I'm showering with a gay person, I'd rather not know they were gay and not know that there's a chance they are attracted to me. If you're not gay, just imagine yourself showering with someone you know is gay and quite possibly attracted to your hard-bodied, military physique. If the gay man even looked in your direction, the level of awkwardness would skyrocket. Why would anyone, including gay men, want those who they are around to feel uncomfortable in a given situation?

    I get the feeling that the feeling of uncomfortableness I would have in the above scenario would be exactly the same thing if men and women in the military were forced to shower and sleep together. In terms of sexual preference, it's exactly the same thing.
    You would be wrong. I have showered (well relatively, since most military showers are single stalls, with a curtain or door, not open-bay) with women that I knew were gay. It didn't bother me at all, whether they actually found me attractive or not, because I was not attracted to them. I would feel uncomfortable showering with most guys, not because they might be lusting after me, but rather because the ones that I would be attracted to might not find me attractive naked. That is the main reason that I would be uncomfortable showering in front of most guys. I knew a lot of girls who felt this way.

    Well that, and it would be really embarrassing to have to shower/get naked in front of guys while on your period, attraction or not. Guys have a lot bigger problem with feminine products, even when they're unused, and pretty much anything else to do with a woman's period, than most women.

    Now, there are those weird guys that would make me uncomfortable to get naked in front of, those ones who seem like they might try something if given the opportunity, but I'd just avoid getting naked in front of them as much as possible. And if it was necessary, I'd make sure there was someone else I could trust in there, or at least close by, also.

    Also, you are assuming that the gay guys would tell everyone their sexuality. This is most likely just not going to happen. Most of the homosexuals will still keep their sexuality private. The biggest thing that repealing DADT and changing the laws that keep gays from serving openly will do is take away the fear that homosexuals have now that if their sexuality is found out that they can be discharged for it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Since we are talking about gays and now transvestites, it reminds me of a pre-op tranny I knew when I was 19 who went by the name Ricky(yes, I did have an odd life when I was younger). His comment was something like this "hun, ain't no strait guy around knows how to please me".
    It's so friggin ridiculous that straight men think that we care about their bits and pieces for 5 minutes of shower time. At 5AM, all I care about is how hot the water is gonna be and rinsing the sleep away. After working all day, all I care about is washing the day away and getting to bed.

    How much do they really think we are on about the same equipment we have in that situation. FFS, this is how we spend our Saturday nights:



    A 5 minute shower ain't gonna top that enough to get me excited about it.

    This is how we spend our happy hours:



    A 5 minute shower ain't gonna top our typical afternoon. And all this gay ass talk about how the poor little straight boy is getting eye ****ed because of his "hard military physique" is bull****. You take a crowd of gay men and a crowd of marines, and I can guarantee you there will be a lower % body fat and a higher muscle mass among the homos than there will be among any group of straight men from any demographic.


  8. #478
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It's so friggin ridiculous that straight men think that we care about their bits and pieces for 5 minutes of shower time. At 5AM, all I care about is how hot the water is gonna be and rinsing the sleep away. After working all day, all I care about is washing the day away and getting to bed.

    How much do they really think we are on about the same equipment we have in that situation. FFS, this is how we spend our Saturday nights:



    A 5 minute shower ain't gonna top that enough to get me excited about it.

    This is how we spend our happy hours:



    A 5 minute shower ain't gonna top our typical afternoon. And all this gay ass talk about how the poor little straight boy is getting eye ****ed because of his "hard military physique" is bull****. You take a crowd of gay men and a crowd of marines, and I can guarantee you there will be a lower % body fat and a higher muscle mass among the homos than there will be among any group of straight men from any demographic.

    It is kind of ironic isn't it? How many straight guys think that they are in such great shape that all it takes for them to get looks is to be in a shower naked? I've gotten MORE looks from men AND women when I'm well dressed than I've ever gotten going to a gym or at a beach.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It is kind of ironic isn't it? How many straight guys think that they are in such great shape that all it takes for them to get looks is to be in a shower naked? I've gotten MORE looks from men AND women when I'm well dressed than I've ever gotten going to a gym or at a beach.
    What's really funny to me is how straight guys think they are gonna get looks from gay guys to start with. Go into a gay club and then go into a straight club...then you tell me where the attractive guys are.

  10. #480
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    What's really funny to me is how straight guys think they are gonna get looks from gay guys to start with. Go into a gay club and then go into a straight club...then you tell me where the attractive guys are.
    The problem in this entire debate is how sexually illiterate the people debating against gay civil rights are. You have the very SAME people who say we shouldn't teach our kids about STIs, condom use and healthy sex in schools, telling us what sexuality is. The same people who think feminism is about oppressing men are debating sexuality. How in the damn hell is it this debate has lasted so long? We are debating a group of people with a limited knowledge of sexuality on a subject which doesn't require religious knowledge, military knowledge or personal experience. It requires some ****ing concept of what sexuality actually is.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •