Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 716

Thread: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

  1. #451
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    Good point. That would be a stereotype to 'mesh' both together as one. It would absurd to think gay men would be allowed (or want to) wear female dress uniforms.
    Except on Wog day, but that is a whole different thing, and so badly PCed it's just not the same any more.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #452
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    06-17-10 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    35

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have never done a Wog day I take it...

    Seriously, do you expect a lot of men dressing in drag due to allowing gays to serve openly? Do you understand the difference between being gay, and being a transvestite?
    Wog Day is the official U.S. Navy 'ceremony' that deals with crossing the equator,
    what stupidy were you trying to Insinuate

    I hope you're not suggestion that we allow open gays in the military but not transvestites.

  3. #453
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by KOV03 View Post
    Wog Day is the official U.S. Navy 'ceremony' that deals with crossing the equator,
    what stupidy were you trying to Insinuate

    I hope you're not suggestion that we allow open gays in the military but not transvestites.
    Straw man trolling.

  4. #454
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by KOV03 View Post
    Wog Day is the official U.S. Navy 'ceremony' that deals with crossing the equator,
    what stupidy were you trying to Insinuate

    I hope you're not suggestion that we allow open gays in the military but not transvestites.
    Wog day inevitably features guys dressed in drag, and more recently, women dressing as guys. Somehow it does not hurt morale, and in fact does the opposite.

    Uniforms in the navy are based on sex, this would not change. Got any rational arguments?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #455
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except on Wog day, but that is a whole different thing, and so badly PCed it's just not the same any more.
    I think Wog day is strictly a US Navy thing, I've never heard of such a thing in the Marine Corps... In either case, I still think it would cause negative implications to allow gays to serve openly in the Marines.

    The only real way to solve this issue would be to hold a vote for the entire US military... if the men and women who are actually serving their country don't mind the change, then neither would I. Granted, I'm also one who has served, and based on my experience it would probably not be a good thing to sexualize the Marine Corps.

  6. #456
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by KOV03 View Post
    Only born a man but I am gay and in navy of course I can wear the dress uniform.Anything else would be discrimination
    First you're wrong to assume that all, if any, homosexual service members are actually cross-dressers. Second, not all cross-dressers are homosexual. Many cross-dressing men are heterosexual. Sexuality and gender identity are totally different things. A person's gender identity does not determine their sexuality and a person's sexuality does not determine their gender identity. Cross-dressing is a completely different issue than homosexuality.

    Personally I don't have a problem with cross-dressers, at all. My brother is a heterosexual cross-dresser. He was in the Army when he realized that he preferred to dress like a woman. He did not dress as a woman anywhere where it would be disrespectful to the military. A few of his friends in the Army knew about his cross-dressing and did not have a problem with it. They considered it his thing, and it had no affect on his job performance. Many cross-dressers in the military are content to keep that part of their life private, and it should have absolutely no affect on their military career. Many of the uniforms that military members wear are pretty close to looking unisex anyway. Most cross-dressers would not feel a need to distinguish between which uniform they have to wear for the military. If there is actually some cross-dressers who feel that this is an issue the military needs to address, then that should be left up to them to address it, because it is not a part of the gays in the military issue.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #457
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    The only real way to solve this issue would be to hold a vote for the entire US military... if the men and women who are actually serving their country don't mind the change, then neither would I. Granted, I'm also one who has served, and based on my experience it would probably not be a good thing to sexualize the Marine Corps.
    Would you have wanted the all-white services in the 1940s to vote on whether to allow blacks in?

  8. #458
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    I think Wog day is strictly a US Navy thing, I've never heard of such a thing in the Marine Corps...
    Oh, almost forgot this dig - Marines are just Navy guys anyway.

  9. #459
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    06-17-10 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    35

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wog day inevitably features guys dressed in drag, and more recently, women dressing as guys.

    Uniforms in the navy are based on sex, this would not change. Got any rational arguments?
    So it is a rite and they joke around.
    Yet can you tell me if we allow gays how can we say no to transvestites

  10. #460
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    I think Wog day is strictly a US Navy thing, I've never heard of such a thing in the Marine Corps... In either case, I still think it would cause negative implications to allow gays to serve openly in the Marines.

    The only real way to solve this issue would be to hold a vote for the entire US military... if the men and women who are actually serving their country don't mind the change, then neither would I. Granted, I'm also one who has served, and based on my experience it would probably not be a good thing to sexualize the Marine Corps.
    The Marines on board our ships took place in Wog day, and the Shellback marines where people to look out for on that day. Wog day is also celebrated by the British Navy. Crippler might be able to answer if Marine ships celebrate it as well, but I suspect so.

    The military has never been asked to vote on changes, and it's a good thing. Military personnel tend to resist change. Lord knows I did. The people who will make the decision are those who should make the decision, the military brass, the pentagon, and the US congress.

    Allowing gays to serve openly would not "sexualize" the military. Sex would still be banned on ship and on duty and in barracks. The difference would be that gays would not have to serve in fear.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •