Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 716

Thread: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

  1. #331
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Hey you haven't been reading the thread as usual redress..I said i would give in and go along with gays living with straights with one caveat...Men and women get to live together aboard ship to......Like you liberals say the gays can control themselves so by the same token striaght men and women can to.........

    Do you agree?
    Well, since you don't really get a say in whether or not men and women would have to live together if gays and straights do, then it doesn't really matter. It has already been pointed out to you, and you even agreed, that the military will not make men and women live together. They already have gays and straights living together though. So your little attempt at a compromise doesn't work very well. You can't bargain with something that isn't going to happen.

    And you still didn't answer my question NP, what should the military do if someone accuses a fellow service member of being gay, but they haven't admitted to it? Also, how exactly could they determine the number of barracks/racks needed for the gay men/women? If the homosexual personnel are not all divulging they are gay, then how will you know the exact number of beds needed for each unit/boat to allow for gay personnel? Not to mention, how many heads/showers should be reserved? There is no way that the military could actually require anyone to tell everyone their sexuality. Being gay is nothing like being a different gender. Gender is set as is, there is really no way that someone could be confused about their actual gender. Servicemembers could, however, be confused about what their actual sexuality is. Some service members may still be in denial to themselves that they are homosexual. And where do you put bisexual personnel?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #332
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Hey you haven't been reading the thread as usual redress..I said i would give in and go along with gays living with straights with one caveat...Men and women get to live together aboard ship to......Like you liberals say the gays can control themselves so by the same token striaght men and women can to.........

    Do you agree?
    Which does not document a single claim, and is stupid besides. Let me clue you in a little bit Navy...gay men are not women, gay women are not men. So why exactly would you treat a man, who is not a woman, as a woman, and vice versa?

    Now, about all those claims you made, liberals hating the military, gays getting discharged every day for sexual harassment, people can change their orientation...when you going to document them, or will you admit you made it all up?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    02-03-11 @ 08:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    585

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    Except that thoroughly investigating every member of the military to determine their orientation would be prohibitively expensive. As you have already said, a great deal of time, effort and resources is already needlessly wasted on these discharges.
    Only because of political pressure. Once outed, they can simply be summarily dumped without a lot of fuss, and if they are actively discouraged from signing up in the first place that would cut way down on the numbers, unlike the situation today. Making homosexuality a bar to joining, they would have to lie to get in in the first place, making it an automatic discharge if outed.

    On which planet? Gays are gaining headway. Homophobes are losing ground.
    On Planet Earth. They tried the 'We're Born That Way' myth, and it's backfired, as most current research shows, and now the scientific consensus is swinging back the other way, to environmental and parental factors dominating.
    Last edited by Picaro; 03-30-10 at 11:03 PM.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which does not document a single claim, and is stupid besides. Let me clue you in a little bit Navy...gay men are not women, gay women are not men. So why exactly would you treat a man, who is not a woman, as a woman, and vice versa?

    Now, about all those claims you made, liberals hating the military, gays getting discharged every day for sexual harassment, people can change their orientation...when you going to document them, or will you admit you made it all up?


    I know your so liberal that your prejudice against straight people in that you will allow lesbians and gays to bunk together but not straight men and women.......Shame on you for your double standard..........Unlike you I am consistent...........

    Now on your other lie.........I say your liberal leaders like Durbin, Murtha, and Kerry hate our military........You kneel at their altar and will not condemn what they say so one can only assume you believe as they do.......

    Its easy to prove your not.........Condemn what they said......You won't do it.......Now I have said this 3 or 4 times so I will not repeat it again unless I cut and paste.....You can keep saying the same old **** but I will not respond to it...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #335
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I know your so liberal that your prejudice against straight people in that you will allow lesbians and gays to bunk together but not straight men and women.......Shame on you for your double standard..........Unlike you I am consistent...........

    Now on your other lie.........I say your liberal leaders like Durbin, Murtha, and Kerry hate our military........You kneel at their altar and will not condemn what they say so one can only assume you believe as they do.......

    Its easy to prove your not.........Condemn what they said......You won't do it.......Now I have said this 3 or 4 times so I will not repeat it again unless I cut and paste.....You can keep saying the same old **** but I will not respond to it...........
    So lies, more lies, and still not one bit of evidence to back your claims. Good work there Navy.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Well, since you don't really get a say in whether or not men and women would have to live together if gays and straights do, then it doesn't really matter. It has already been pointed out to you, and you even agreed, that the military will not make men and women live together. They already have gays and straights living together though. So your little attempt at a compromise doesn't work very well. You can't bargain with something that isn't going to happen.

    And you still didn't answer my question NP, what should the military do if someone accuses a fellow service member of being gay, but they haven't admitted to it? Also, how exactly could they determine the number of barracks/racks needed for the gay men/women? If the homosexual personnel are not all divulging they are gay, then how will you know the exact number of beds needed for each unit/boat to allow for gay personnel? Not to mention, how many heads/showers should be reserved? There is no way that the military could actually require anyone to tell everyone their sexuality. Being gay is nothing like being a different gender. Gender is set as is, there is really no way that someone could be confused about their actual gender. Servicemembers could, however, be confused about what their actual sexuality is. Some service members may still be in denial to themselves that they are homosexual. And where do you put bisexual personnel?
    I am trying to give you a hypothetical when I say men and women should bunk together......I know that it will not happen..........The point I am trying to make is the attraction between men and women is the same as the one between Lesbians and other women and gays and other men............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #337
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Gays already do live together on board ship. So what is the point you trying to make?
    They don't live openly is the point.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    02-03-11 @ 08:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    585

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It's never been illegal to spout one's stupidity, no matter how ignorant an uninformed it is.
    Yes, the propaganda machine run by gay activists is a prime example.

    You may cry foul over homosexuality not being on a list of disorders all you want
    I'm not crying about it, but the fashion victims espousing it as something besides deviant behavior will be, very soon, but no amount of silly ad hominems and attempting to shout down your opponents is going to be effective any more.

    just as I may point at you and laugh at the absurdity of anyone in this day and age believing such a thing.
    The absurdity is entirely on your's and gay activists' parts. Now that some real studies are coming to very different conclusions than what the popular propaganda memes are trying to indoctrinate even school children into believing will be going rapidly out of fashion, unfortunately for you.

  9. #339
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They don't live openly is the point.........
    Is living openly going to make them insatiable sex fiends, while not being open makes them more constrained?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #340
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    The absurdity is entirely on your's and gay activists' parts. Now that some real studies are coming to very different conclusions than what the popular propaganda memes are trying to indoctrinate even school children into believing will be going rapidly out of fashion, unfortunately for you.
    Source please.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •