Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 716

Thread: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

  1. #251
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Prove that there are gays being discharged every day for making unwanted sexual advances or violating the UCMJ, Navy. I dare ya. In fact, I dare you to prove that gays average a discharge once a month for making unwanted advances.

    Most gays are discharged for either a) they turned themselves in as being gay and signed all the paperwork necessary to get out, or b) someone found out that they were gay because of some mutual relationship between them and a member of the same sex, military or civilian, and turned them in. I knew several people who got administratively discharged for being gay while I was in the Navy, not one of those was because they made an unwanted sexual advance.

    Of course, they are violating the UCMJ by just being in a homosexual, intimate relationship. That is why when I say we need to repeal DADT, I include the caveat, to change the laws against homosexuality.

    Believe as you like but I was on 1 ship for 4 years prior to DADT and in that time we had about 10 guys discharged for making advance...That is 1 ship, at the time under Reagan the Navy had 600 active ships.........That does not count shore stations or the other services......you do the math......15,000 have been discharged since 1993..........I don't know what the breakdown is....Its true there were a lot who said they were gay just to get out but you better believe a lot of them were for their actions to......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #252
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Nothing like a high level, intelligent debate...
    I suppose you like this kind of debate because this is what she said to me.......I know its hard for you lefties but at least try to be a little inpartial

    yes, right. you really don't have a clue, do you?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #253
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Believe as you like but I was on 1 ship for 4 years prior to DADT and in that time we had about 10 guys discharged for making advance...That is 1 ship, at the time under Reagan the Navy had 600 active ships.........you do the math......
    And I was on 1 ship, of 3000 w/o air wing, where no one aboard got discharged for making unwelcome advances on someone of the same sex in almost 5 years that I was aboard. I did witness "unwanted sexual advances", sort of, that involved members of the same sex, however, most of it was the heterosexual guys in my division messing with some of the guys who were overly worried about being "hit on by dudes". And one of the girls in my division did mention, while we were hanging out in berthing one day, that her grandmother had warned her when she joined the Navy that it was full of lesbians (paraphrased). Seems that most of the worry over being hit on by someone of the same sex seems to come from the older generation. My generation doesn't mind it nearly as much, and in fact, tends to make more fun of those who do worry about such advances than they do of those who would make such advances.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I predicted this would come. Answer me this, then why don't they house the women with the straight men?


    Yeah if there is no difference as you lefties say and you can house gays with straights why not house men and women together............Undressing, showering, and sleeping together?

    Great point my friend..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #255
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And I was on 1 ship, of 3000 w/o air wing, where no one aboard got discharged for making unwelcome advances on someone of the same sex in almost 5 years that I was aboard. I did witness "unwanted sexual advances", sort of, that involved members of the same sex, however, most of it was the heterosexual guys in my division messing with some of the guys who were overly worried about being "hit on by dudes". And one of the girls in my division did mention, while we were hanging out in berthing one day, that her grandmother had warned her when she joined the Navy that it was full of lesbians (paraphrased). Seems that most of the worry over being hit on by someone of the same sex seems to come from the older generation. My generation doesn't mind it nearly as much, and in fact, tends to make more fun of those who do worry about such advances than they do of those who would make such advances.
    I'll tell you what.........I will go along with you on this issue on one condition......Gays and straights can sleep and live together but so can men and women.......After all you say they should be able to control themselves when they are showering and undressing..........


    That would solve the whole problem, and I might even re enlist.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #256
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Why don't the exclude the women altogether instead? THAT is the question you need to answer.
    Why? It seems like an irrelevant question. Marine officer dude didn't say gays shouldn't serve, he said that they shouldn't share housing.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    I notice that women in DP strongly favor lifting DADT....I personally believe there is a reason for this.........Women have to deal with Lesbians sex which for some reason is not frowned on like like gay sex .........

    Maybe we could house Lesbians and gay men together......You sure as hell would not have to worry about any problems that way.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    02-03-11 @ 08:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    585

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Believe as you like but I was on 1 ship for 4 years prior to DADT and in that time we had about 10 guys discharged for making advance...That is 1 ship, at the time under Reagan the Navy had 600 active ships.........That does not count shore stations or the other services......you do the math......15,000 have been discharged since 1993..........I don't know what the breakdown is....Its true there were a lot who said they were gay just to get out but you better believe a lot of them were for their actions to......
    My brother retired a bird Colonel last year, after getting his 28 years in the Army, and he spent his last 6 years as an MCJ investigator, hearing court cases, and he said the same things as you have here re homosexual males in the military, and that these cases consume a lot of time and effort needlessly, just to pander to political nonsense by airheads who have no idea what they're talking about.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    My brother retired a bird Colonel last year, after getting his 28 years in the Army, and he spent his last 6 years as an MCJ investigator, hearing court cases, and he said the same things as you have here re homosexual males in the military, and that these cases consume a lot of time and effort needlessly, just to pander to political nonsense by airheads who have no idea what they're talking about.
    You got that right and the time and money to process these people for discharge is outrageous.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #260
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    It's this simple. Our military is saying that it doesn't have the professionalism of the average college freshman, let alone that of all the countries that do allow gays to serve openly. If that is the statement that the military and NP want to make, then let them. They only embarrass themselves by doing so.

Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •