Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 716

Thread: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

  1. #171
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not even close to proving your point Navy. People can be discharged under DADT for saying they are gay, sexual harassment is not required. SO I ask you again, can you document your claim that gays cannot handle themselves on ship? Or will you for once man up and admit you are lying and disparaging people to make a point?
    That is true but a hell of a lot got kicked out for making unwanted advances........that is a fact.........Before there was a DADT they were getting kicked out to...I know, I was there for 21 years.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #172
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,191

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    That would be NO! then.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  3. #173
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    That is true but a hell of a lot got kicked out for making unwanted advances........that is a fact.........Before there was a DADT they were getting kicked out to...I know, I was there for 21 years.....
    No, that is an unsubstantiated claim. There is a large, unsubtle difference between proven facts and unsubstantiated claims. I don't have the numbers, and neither do you apparently. Without the numbers and a source to them, your comments have no value.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    02-03-11 @ 08:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    585

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Ah, yes, PCness demands that the military bend over and accomodate every single tiny, insignificant demographic that politicians can dream up.

    Some 1%-2% of people suffer from aquaphobia, about the same percentage of homosexual males in the population, so we should therefore demand that the Navy and Marines not operate on water, and clearly requiring being able to swim or at least learn how to is blatantly discriminatory and 'ignorant'.

    Not to mention all the handicapped people who can't learn to swim or unable to as well! Clearly this needs a Civil Rights movement, and not just for aquaphobes, since it will promote diversity for us all!!! I mean really, how much could it cost to make aircraft carriers and all Navy ships wheelchair friendly? Pffft, hardly nothing ...

    When will all military property finally be made wheelchair accessible??? Surely the Army Rangers obstacle courses can be made wheelchair friendly!!! Our Engineer Corps are surely up to making all future battlefields handicapped accessible.

    It's time to stop the madness!!! Pandering to the sniveling and whining of every insignificant demographic on the face of the Earth, no matter how small, should be a goal we all should strive for, not just the military!!!
    Last edited by Picaro; 03-29-10 at 08:23 PM.

  5. #175
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Good to see some senior officers speaking up on this insanity
    Fine. Just like women. Big deal.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, that is an unsubstantiated claim. There is a large, unsubtle difference between proven facts and unsubstantiated claims. I don't have the numbers, and neither do you apparently. Without the numbers and a source to them, your comments have no value.
    redress your impossible...Don't think you would believe your own mother if she was a Conservative.........Well it happened.....I know....I was at the courtmartials not you.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #177
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Fine. Just like women. Big deal.

    Huh...?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #178
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    Ah, yes, PCness demands that the military bend over and accomodate every single tiny, insignificant demographic that politicians can dream up.

    Some 1%-2% of people suffer from aquaphobia, about the same percentage of homosexual males in the population, so we should therefore demand that the Navy and Marines not operate on water, and clearly requiring being able to swim or at least learn how to is blatantly discriminatory and 'ignorant'.

    Not to mention all the handicapped people who can't learn to swim or unable to as well! Clearly this needs a Civil Rights movement, and not just for aquaphobes, since it will promote diversity for us all!!! I mean really, how much could it cost to make aircraft carriers and all Navy ships wheelchair friendly? Pffft, hardly nothing ...

    When will all military property finally be made wheelchair accessible??? Surely the Army Rangers obstacle courses can be made wheelchair friendly!!! Our Engineer Corps are surely up to making all future battlefields handicapped accessible.

    It's time to stop the madness!!! Pandering to the sniveling and whining of every insignificant demographic on the face of the Earth, no matter how small, should be a goal we all should strive for, not just the military!!!
    Hear, Hear.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #179
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    When will all military property finally be made wheelchair accessible??? Surely the Army Rangers obstacle courses can be made wheelchair friendly!!! !
    Can a gay person do the obstacle course just as well as a straight person?

  10. #180
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    redress your impossible...Don't think you would believe your own mother if she was a Conservative.........Well it happened.....I know....I was at the courtmartials not you.....
    My mom is smart enough to know how to back up her claims. You are not proving anything, you are not even making a point other than you have no respect for our troops and their abilities.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •