Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 716

Thread: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

  1. #131
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't think you would tell her that.
    She doesn't exist. You just made it up.

    ....Gays can change and do change and I proved it to you, now go to your room..........
    Lol old man, realize that you cannot disprove sexual orientation with anecdotal evidence.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #132
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am a left winger. So according to you I hate our military. I am a liberal, so I put down the military by your own words. Both are lies. Both are lies that go beyond just me. They are lies in the general sense too. Why can you not argue honestly?
    I will apologize if you condemn your leaders as being military haters........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #133
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I will apologize if you condemn your leaders as being military haters........
    Somebody is feeling cornered and throwing out random ****.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #134
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Heterosexuals change to gay more than do gay to heterosexuals and stay that way. So what is your point again?
    My point is gays are a class of people identiffied their sexual preference....Blacks are not........You lefties are always trying to compare the two when in fact there is no comparison......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    My point is gays are a class of people identiffied their sexual preference....Blacks are not........You lefties are always trying to compare the two when in fact there is no comparison......

    Yet more far right wing rhetoric.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    She doesn't exist. You just made it up.


    Lol old man, realize that you cannot disprove sexual orientation with anecdotal evidence.
    Her name is Col. Margarethe Cammermeyer...Look it up my left wing friend..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    There's a gay man in our unit, and so far my experience has been that this is not an issue. We don't ask, and he's never said, but we can tell, and he knows that we can tell, but it's cool. When we hit the showers everyone is more concerned about getting rinsed off, changed, gear squared away and lined up.I gave it 2 seconds of thought once, and I decided that I don't give a crap if some dude is checking me out. I have a job to do and worrying about being looked at only gets in the way. At night, no one leaves their bunk except for fire-guard, so that's not a problem.

    I'm sure the general living situation is different outside of a training setting, so I offer my experience here for those who are concerned about misconduct during basic and similar. I don't see this being a problem.
    Last edited by Jerry; 03-29-10 at 01:30 AM.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I will apologize if you condemn your leaders as being military haters........
    Some liberals are pacifists, which means they wouldn't tend to like the military because it's a mechanism of war. That I can deal with.

    But many on the right, that actively avoided service, and arbitrarily start wars for no reason can't be categorized as "pro military". Yellow stickers on your bumper don't make you pro military, sorry.

    You think Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove, Kristol, Krauthammer, Rush, Hannity, Beck and Co. shed one tear when the caskets came rolling into Dover?

    Absolutely not.

    They didn't give a ****, because it aint' them or their kids. Why would they care? I don't care how many accolades they give. They don't care.

    At least a liberal will tell me to my face they don't like me.

    I'd rather have that than a faux supporter that could care less whether I live or die.
    Last edited by kansaswhig; 03-29-10 at 01:30 AM.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Some liberals are pacifists, which means they wouldn't tend to like the military because it's a mechanism of war. That I can deal with.

    But many on the right, that avoided service, and arbitrarily start wars for no reason can't be categorized as "pro military". Yellow stickers on your bumper don't make you pro military, sorry.

    You think Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove, Kristol, Krauthammer and Co. shed one tear when the caskets came rolling into Dover?

    Absolutely not.

    They didn't give a ****, because it aint' them or their kids. Why would they care? I don't care how many accolades they give. They don't care.

    At least a liberal will tell me to my face they don't like me. I'd rather have that than a faux supporter that could care less whether I live or die.
    I am talking about Kerry, Murtha and Durbin, hardly pacifists, in addition there comments are outrageous........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #140
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Yet more far right wing rhetoric.
    Great input to the debate, your usual..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •